QPR Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

mcfcvideos said:
Dubai Blue said:
Vic said:
Wot no penalty?
On Sinclair?

No
Despite what the commentators said I'm convinced Onuoha missed the ball completely and fouled Sinclair.

Looked a pen to me also. Even if he did get a touch on the ball, and I'm not totally convinced that he did, he was largely coming from behind Sinclair and IMO tripped him up on his way to the ball. Surely that would be a foul anyway? Mind you if we want to retain the league then we really shouldn't be relying on last minute pens against teams from the bottom of the table. We were ok but we weren't brilliant and unfortunately we are going to have to be brilliant pretty much every week now if we are to put right what was a complacent and sloppy first half of the season.

guvnors son mcfc said:
Their keeper had a great game
They worked hard closing us down
They parked the bus with no ambition
Nasri contributed zero to the cause

Great save by Joe that won the point

Small pitch worked into their favour with their game plan

What pisses me off is that our main player is Yaya, everything goes through him and he steps up to the plate when we need somebody to and he is missing for two months for a tin pot cup in Africa !!! Would be like united losing van Persie or Rooney for a world cup half way through the season.

Let's hope that shit cup is not on next year and we actually get a full season out of Yaya

bigger thans newcastles so no excuse

guvnors son mcfc said:
Their keeper had a great game
They worked hard closing us down
They parked the bus with no ambition
Nasri contributed zero to the cause

Great save by Joe that won the point

Small pitch worked into their favour with their game plan

What pisses me off is that our main player is Yaya, everything goes through him and he steps up to the plate when we need somebody to and he is missing for two months for a tin pot cup in Africa !!! Would be like united losing van Persie or Rooney for a world cup half way through the season.

Let's hope that shit cup is not on next year and we actually get a full season out of Yaya
First half of that post was great! The second half...

Regardless of what people think of him, Sinclair hasn't suddenly become a bad player. He needs to be given longer than 5 minutes when we are struggling to break teams down. He is exactly what we need to help us break far quicker.

with a packed defence, mancini
should have been able to see that kolorov and dzeko needed to play all day long.,,,, give us the option of whipping the crosses in . Go around the fucking wall. Its what mun u have been doing all these fucking years. And guess what ,its a shite tactic but it effectve. They have a few trophies

or

if we did not go with dzeko and kolorov

we could of gone 3-5-2, we didnt need to cover the wings. they werent intersested in scoring a goal. the formation would have given us width and we woudl have totally dominated midfield with out being exposed on the flanks.

we lacked character yesterday. need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

tevez , needs to play some golf. He is not looking like scoring a goal , needs to fucking do somthing. he is dropping deeper and deeper and stealing silva's mojo. at the moment its either him or aguero . Its got to be aguero all day long

only good thing abut the game , was that we know that we can play garcia at centre back- he looked good except for that one airel ball he let bounce, remy almost got it. Passing was nice, and how about that shot!

lescott- not a fan
he is old news, he had an opertunity to shoot on the edge of the box, hestitated , at this point you lay it off for somone else or flash a shot. However he lacked the natural instinc of a good footballer and tried to correct his whole body position, gets caught in possesion and almost leeds to a tarabt Goal. What dispaointed me was that he did not realise he being so far up left us exposed. he could only make a career in england
its time for rekik to be slowly introduced when nastatstic is not available.

Milner and barry , were both off
the main reason for this is that they have to came so far into their own half to collect the ball from the centrebacks, namely lescott . Garcia at least showed some intent and tried to get it to silva and barry/milner quickly.

lescott is not capable of this and this is why nastastic is such a good player and makes lescott look very wank. it one of the reason qpr where able to get all the men behind the ball

nasri- wont be too hard on him , should have never started
just come back from injury, but generally lack lustre performance
,slowed the play down further compounding our problems

there is a problem, both him and silva look better going down thw left

silva--- good game , unlucky not to score
must stay on the left, tevez came onto his space to often when 3 strikers were on and made him invisible-- this is not smart -it requires shape form and discipline. Bobby needs to fix this as a i think it would be a good option to have silv,dzeko,aguero ,tevez all n at the same time.

sinclair-good show, was direct gave width on the left
brief cameo . deserves 15 minutes next week.

dzeko-- threatened,
should have started
good touches
beat a man on more than one occasion, did more than tevez and nasri combined in 30 minutes, needs to be finding the net.
The big man needs kolorov or sinclair whipping it in, richards might also help in this regard. The lack of width causes him to go wide-- frustrates me no end
he should be giving aguero a earful, aguero should be wide

i cant help feeling now especially with balo gone, dzeko and aguero got to step up big time... we know they can ,

Disappointing as many aspects of our performance were last night, it is so hard to break down a disciplined defensive unit with a top keeper behind them. The driving rain and wind sweeping across the pitch didn't help either but ultimately as so often in these games all our football was in front of QPR. Game was tailor made for some width and Dzeko but our changes in this regard came too late. Frustrating but not the end of the world, I'm sure QPR will give the rags a very tough game too.

Salford_Blue said:
Regardless of what people think of him, Sinclair hasn't suddenly become a bad player. He needs to be given longer than 5 minutes when we are struggling to break teams down. He is exactly what we need to help us break far quicker.

mancini obviously doesn't rate him, he is always last resort or token gesture

begs the question whay was he bought in the first place

mcfcvideos said:
Dubai Blue said:
Vic said:
Wot no penalty?
On Sinclair?

No
Despite what the commentators said I'm convinced Onuoha missed the ball completely and fouled Sinclair.

No chance , was an inch perfect tackle best of the night- i had the perfect view.

-- Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 am --

Can't be arsed to go through 50 odd pages but can anyone tell me how that rangers fan was allowed to stay in his seat and not even a word in his ear after launching the ball at silva ( i think it was)at that throw in?

Of course it was two points dropped with the chances we created but failed to take. It was always going to be tough on that small pitch against a team bolstered by new signings and putting 100 percent in after the inept performance at the weekend. I think if we had been able to play milner on the right instead of nasri we could have got behind them more...he doesn't suit that deep lying role..Barry's passing was poor but he made numerous interceptions and would have scored but for an excellent save. Aguero's running and movement was good but his shooting is terrible and Tevez now seems to have lost all confidence in front of goal. We need a few tap ins but we're never going to get them playing as we do. What's disappointing is that despite a swirling wind that had their keeper at panic stations, we continue to be abject at crossing, either standing still or with the ball moving....dzeko did well with a couple of passes from wide but again he should have been central. I thought silva was our best player and at least he hit the target. Southampton should have beaten everton with their pressing game, they'll give it a go tonight..still a long way to go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.