Queen Elizabeth II

Iconic photo. Her and Roy Paul there. And coming up the steps to the royal box is Bert, whose meeting with her that day
summed up a special time in our history with its memories of a war in which they served on opposite sides and a promise of a future in which we might all live in peace.

What a surprise there’s a club conspicuous by it’s lack of a condolences tweet, surely they will?…

She's not just some celebrity, a music star, a movie star, a sporting legend. I'm never bothered by those celebrity deaths, she was our Queen, the leader of our country, for 70 years. She has seen (and overseen) the world change immeasurably. I'm gutted.

I’m no royalist but feel sad the image that sticks with me is a heartbroken wife who had to sit on her own away from her family when her husband died, that brought home to me she’s the Queen but today she’s a grieving wife like lots of others when co vid was rife. Rip
Agreed. I am a republican but it's sad. Personal grief transcends opinion on institution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.