Queen Elizabeth II

Extended news on RTE.
Analysing her reign and praising her part in endorsing the GFA and her part in not only carrying out her duties in her 2011 visit here, but also implying that she herself was instrumental in pushing the agenda.
Her part in reconciliation between us neighbours cannot be over estimated. By the end of her visit to Dublin, Kildare, Cashel and Cork she had said everything that needed to be said to heal the wounds of our history.

She laid a wreath to Irish Republicans who had fought and died in 1916 and to Irish servicemen who died in WW1.

She visited Croke Park where 14 people had been killed by British Troops when they shot into the crowd.
But the most significant and powerful part of her visit was her remarkable speech at Dublin Castle. She changed opinion of a lot of people here and this was no
more visible than her informal walkabout in Cork where she got up very close to the ordinary public.

She is getting great respect from all interviewed over here and Michael Martin had just issued a formal statement highly praising her.

Mary Lou McDonald is just on now.
She is also stating that QE2 was instrumental in changing Irish relationships for the better.
She is saluting her contribution to finding a constructive solution to relationships between all on these islands. As are others in the royal family.

Respectful I’m glad to see.

This is an end of an era and everyone can see that.
I don’t think we and particularly you the British public, will see her likes again.

BT are still showing the Arsenal game. So I imagine that they'll screen the utd game, and the others of course.
I was listening to the coverage of the Hearts match on BBC and it was stopped at half-time. Even the live feed was stopped yet the Arsenal one continues.

As echoed by most very sad and monumental day. Hopefully the next few days will be that of reflection and respect by all. And for those members who are upset or it is close to home with a recent family death then I hope the next few days are ok as they can be for you.

And finally those that are banging on about Liverpool not sending a message of condolence, now is not the time for point scoring or one upmanship. We are better than that.

Goodnight god bless ma’am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.