Queen Elizabeth II

Good lord, Liz Truss now describes how inspirational the Queen has been to her: it is simply a lie, as the videos of Truss's beliefs about monarchy will attest. I struggle with the two facedness of this.

Rest in peace to a mum, grandmother and great grandmother and my sympathy to anyone genuinely affected by her passing.

Such a sad day. I’m no royalist either but to to take on the being the figurehead of a nation at such a young age and do it impeccably for 70 years deserves respect.

The Feed I’m watching has just listed the Presidents she’s met with and it’s staggering. Truman, Eisenhower; Ford, Carter, cracking jokes with Reagan. The list goes on.

RIP M’aam.

Thoughts are with your family.

So new money, new stamps etc so does Charles have to sit for pics, or do they use a previous pic or one that has been done in anticipation? Also does he have to sit for a new engraving of him sat on throne that goes on coins etc ?

It could be because those of us of a certain age who have lived all our lives with the Queen reigning see another thing gone. It shows our own mortality also.
It does. My daughter was heartbroken when the news came on. She is 11 but she associates it with her grandad and my mum who are both unwell and ageing quickly.

It’s amazing that she worked right up until the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.