Queen Elizabeth II

i can't see that. That's not what happened when King George died. I expect there will be no matches during the funeral though or perhaps on the day of the funeral. But she has been on the throne so long I suppose there is no clear precedent.
Hope your right mate. It would cause chaos. But it’s been talked about already.

Sad day for Great Britain.

I know I’m foreign, yet our country (Netherlands) has a royal family as well. It’s strange that one side of me says royal family is nothing but money spoiling tradition and another side sympathise with them.

I went to the century FA cup final in 81 (both) and felt proud to have watched the Queens mum.
In the Netherlands there’s a lot of attention for the British royal family. Even before Netflix produced The Crown. And it results in me having a sad feeling about her death.

May she RIP. She’s done a great job for her (your) country.

I might be wrong, but her part in the peace process seams under rated. The IRA blew her cousin up, but the fact she was prepared to put that aside for the greater good was a monumental gesture.
No idea what the view was of her in ireland in general but i think her input and visit to dublin a few years back appeared , to me, huge
Think she would have been respected because I don’t think they ever tried to take her out . I know they did Mountbatten but can’t think of anything with the queen .

Well said mate

Much obliged Paul.

I'm sure like many HUMAN beings we say what we feel. We criticise, but we also empathise.

We all have our faults....but we try and run the race to the best of our ability.

She did a fucking good job.

Last edited:
Dickheads all over Facebook laughing and taking the piss out of a little old woman they’ve never met and never done them any harm! Stay classy you absolute arse wipes!
Not entirely surprising, it’s the world we live in.

Not a royalist myself but can echo what many have said, she was decent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.