Queen Elizabeth II

Anyone think Charles might abdicate and hand it to William?
I've always thought, especially given how long he's waited himself, that he should act as a go-between king. A couple of years on the throne whilst William prepares to become king then hand the reigns over to somebody who seems much more fitting to reign as king in this age. Wouldn't put money on it happening though.

If you've ever lost a loved one, and you know that loss is coming, it's still a shock when it happens. I do feel strangely sad about this, never thought I would and I'm not one bit a Royalist. Her sense of duty to this great nation, above the self, transcended her to a different level. Above the sludge of privilege and silver spoon lifestyle that infest the upper classes.

May she rest in peace.

Anyone think Charles might abdicate and hand it to William?
Not yet, he'll give it a go but he's getting on himself. I think a lot will depend on how he handles the job and if there is a real threat of the country becoming a republic. If his reign starts going pear shaped or the royalty comes under pressure, he'll pass it to William.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.