Queen Elizabeth II

I’ll probably get used to it but for now I can’t hear the words ‘King Charles’ without picturing one of those cute little dogs with the big ears. Quite apt thinking about it actually.

If he is King Charles - Charles is not a lucky name for UK monarchs - I recall reading some years ago that he would use Phillip as his monicker - however so long has passed its hard to see how that would work given how we have all known him as Charles all our ( and his ) lives

If he is King Charles - Charles is not a lucky name for UK monarchs - I recall reading some years ago that he would use Phillip as his monicker - however so long has passed its hard to see how that would work given how we have all known him as Charles all our ( and his ) lives
He has a few to pick from there's Arthur and George in there somewhere as well but he's going with Charles the third.

Wow, just got up and seen the news, it's a shock.
I have been a Republican most of my life, never believing in inherited titles and Royalty. But I feel a strange kind of sadness and sense of loss.
This Queen Elizabeth has been around all my life and I had great respect for her. I actually feel very sad (unexpectedly). She represented Mother England (to one who has long lived abroad) if that makes any sense as a thoroughly decent and kind figurehead.
She was a fantastic Queen. RIP.
Well said Bill, republican, royalist, whatever, its not too much to ask to show a bit of respect at the passing of a dignified elderly lady is it.
Fair play to you fella.

Manty countries have an elected President who appoints a PM ( see France ) - it can be about protocols. A President needs to be greeted by/hold talks with a President - to offer your PM up is seen as a bit insulting I think
Especially some of the ones we've had to offer up, thank God we have a Monarch to offer up to visiting heads of state. The last one was one of the very best if not the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.