Queen Elizabeth II

King Charles will do a great job of serving the nation
and William will support the roll as Charles is in his 70s. I’m not worried about the future with monarchy they have more value to me, as during the last years we didn’t seem to have the quality In parliament

Sometimes it's better to keep your own council especially today, no many know her personally she was head of state though it's called respect something sadly lacking today by some.

I dont know man, I guess definitions of respect and who deserves a larger portion than others differs from person to person.

Personally, I've never been one for thoughts, prayers and RIPs even for those who I have the utmost respect and fondness for. That's not really my idea of what respect is.

The bottom line is that I do begrudge this one particular death forcibly having more of an impact on my day to day life than is necessary. It's frustrating to see the postponement of things that bring me joy for no logical reason.

Football has brought me an emotional release at times when people close to me have died. If I felt the same way about her dying as others evidently do then I'd still be of the same opinion that it's a silly gesture.

Respectfully, I completely disagree. Just feels like the definition of a hollow gesture and I don't see a need to impact on anyone's lives outside of what is necessary.
I do wonder if it is a logistics issue. London will be rammed, five PL games there this weekend. Policing that and the streets might be too much.

I dont know man, I guess definitions of respect and who deserves a larger portion than others differs from person to person.

Personally, I've never been one for thoughts, prayers and RIPs even for those who I have the utmost respect and fondness for. That's not really my idea of what respect is.

The bottom line is that I do begrudge this one particular death forcibly having more of an impact on my day to day life than is necessary. It's frustrating to see the postponement of things that bring me joy for no logical reason.

Football has brought me an emotional release at times when people close to me have died. If I felt the same way about her dying as others evidently do then I'd still be of the same opinion that it's a silly gesture.
That's the beauty of football it will again provide you and me with enjoyment but i doubt it will be this weekend though.

If he is King Charles - Charles is not a lucky name for UK monarchs - I recall reading some years ago that he would use Phillip as his monicker - however so long has passed its hard to see how that would work given how we have all known him as Charles all our ( and his ) lives

I’ve read numerous times from royal ‘experts’ that he would most likely go with George. But seems he’s sticking with Charles.

Would have been a bit weird for him anyway. Imagine getting to 70 odd and then just changing your first name? You’d probably just ignore every fucker who called your name, thinking they were talking to someone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.