Queen Elizabeth II

The lol was in response to you telling another poster to do their homework. Your interpretation of the constitution is flawed and confused.

If you can't exercise power without losing it then you don't have any real power. It is as simple as that.

Citation needed.
You never really actually say anything do you, why don’t you say why it’s wrong?

She can exercise a lot of power, her risk is long term public opinion. It’s not a black and white scenario.

What can the Queen actually do now? Nothing.
Is her role ceremonial? Yes.
Will more or less people be monarchists after she dies? Less.
Will the monarchy survive? Who knows?
Being pro or anti monarchy is not political, however much you try to say it is.

It is ceremonial as she has no powers, and if Charles starts trying to invoke old ones, he’ll be in the tower like one of his predecessors.

I’m 42. None of my peer group are particularly pro monarchy. They think the Queen is alright, but she’s not put her oar in.

Once Charles does, bye bye monarchy.
She can refuse the next election winner to form a government, take control of the armed forces and refuse every law Boris puts to her. That’s quite a lot.

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t really work, the whole Royal Family is at 60%+ from Yougov, even after Andrew’s shenanigans

She can refuse the next election winner to form a government, take control of the armed forces and refuse every law Boris puts to her. That’s quite a lot.

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t really work, the whole Royal Family is at 60%+ from Yougov, even after Andrew’s shenanigans
She can.
She won’t though.
It‘s a ceremonial role.

I could make a citizen‘s arrest on you for this post.
I won’t though.

She really can’t.

It. Would. End. The. Monarchy.

il_340x270.2267183291_t3wg.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.