Queen Elizabeth II

The coverage for me has been very interesting. A lot of stuff I didn't know about way royalty works and this whole new king protocol etc. All I have known is QE2 in charge. This proclamation etc is all brand new to me and am sure plenty others. As for personal sadness not really but do believe she will be a huge miss and an even bigger pair of shoes to fill for Charles.

I live in Ramsbottom, which is a relatively traditional area. Tory MP. Went heavy on the jubilee etc. I was expecting there, if anywhere, would feel sombre and show signs of real grieving. Literally nothing has changed. Everyone acting normal. No bunting, no pics of the queen. Shops open. Staff, old and young, wittering away as friendly as ever, acting normal. The country absolutely isn't in mourning. Some are, Im sure, but for the vast majority life is identical. Not spoke to a single person yet who's brought it up in conversation since Thursday. In truth, the press is acting how they feel they're expected to act and projecting that onto the wider public, when in truth they're expressing the feelings of the vast minority.
Isn't 'vast minority' an oxymoron? :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.