Queen Elizabeth II

Edinburgh was for the amateur queuers. Waiting for news of multiple queuers in London.

I reckon that David Beckham will sell someone a dummy and get through again lol - Truss did it once then is now being recharged hence she can't meet Biden tomorrow and Starmer is still trying to work out what his official response should be. Mr Garnett from Bermondsey is still too distraught to leave home and join the queue despite it starting across the road from his front door

This is getting beyond a joke now operations cancelled schools shut other funerals being cancelled etc etc in fact it’s scandalous hurry up and bury the fucker so we can get back to normal life

Performative grieving - we have to be seen by the rest of the world to be showing the relevant deference to Her Majesty to maintain the illusion. In a sensible world you could do it online - book a timed slot download the QRC and turn up in the allotted hour flash the QRC on your phone at the screen and entry is granted - the queue need be no longer than 30 mins in reality. You could cancel weddings etc for the couple of hours of the actual service or shock horror ask people what they would prefer to happen? Saw a tweet from Rev Richard Coles where he said he had done burial services on a Bank Holiday after discussion and agreement was reached but its much better if we are made to be a nation of forelock tuggers - there will be many a shock come Tuesday morning when we land back in 2022

There’s absolutely no doubting that Monday will be epic in London. I found a new respect for the queen in seeing what she tried to reconcile on these islands. I think it was genuine. She was a statesman, the likes you probably won’t have again, not in the royal family anyway and certainly not amongst your present rabble of politicians.
Like I say, it was genuine……
But I’m getting sickened by the contrived pushing of the importance by the BBC. Don’t get me wrong, it is important, but this is being used like an advertisement for UK. It is a UK , look at us, advertisement.

Ten days is too long. Get her in the ground. It is not respectful. It’s milking her worldwide respect for as long as you can.

Sorry if this offends.

a very interesting view from outside the bubble as it were - uncomfortable for some but its lived experience

He is South African who is telling him to mourn? Nice little speech but irrelevant really, is his own country televising the proceedings?

We have got Irish people on this site annoyed that the BBC is showing the whole affair, all they have to do is not tune in.

He is South African who is telling him to mourn? Nice little speech but irrelevant really, is his own country televising the proceedings?

We have got Irish people on this site annoyed that the BBC is showing the whole affair, all they have to do is not tune in.
Very true.
Like I said, I don’t mean to offend.
I won’t tune out however, because you lot do mesmerise me at times.

The lady deserves respect. It doesn’t mean the rest of the world need respect how you portray this.

Sometimes I feel the rest of us look on this from the outside more objectively and perhaps more respectfully too.

Very true.
Like I said, I don’t mean to offend.
I won’t tune out however, because you lot do mesmerise me at times.

The lady deserves respect. It doesn’t mean the rest of the world need respect how you portray this.

Sometimes I feel the rest of us look on this from the outside more objectively and perhaps more respectfully too.

I get you mate I really do, but it's a bit weird when you get people who aren't here complaining about the coverage here.

The lad on the video needs to tell his own government that they want out of the commonwealth if he feels so strongly about it and of course his own TV channels in his own country.

This is a once in 70 years occurrence, digging a hole and catapulting her into it wont cut the mustard :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.