Queen Elizabeth II

It's a huge day in event in UK history if you are a royalist or not.

Thousands of people are about to be digitally immortalised as the procession passes them.

Before people go nuts, i don't mean this to be disrespectful but when i think of the things we should be spending this money on, i can't help thinking, what the hell is all this costing ?

Reactions: mat
Before people go nuts, i don't mean this to be disrespectful but when i think of the things we should be spending this money on, i can't help thinking, what the hell is all this costing ?
With the coronation they estimate close to 6 million each

Whatever your views on the monarchy, the PR benefits, and the economic spin-offs that this will deliver will outweigh the cost of today many, many times.

Bit of a dull point to be honest you could say it about anything the human race doe's, the money could be used differently.

To balance that somewhat,tourism income will probably have hit record levels.

Ultimately,its a unique occasion though.

Whatever your views on the monarchy, the PR benefits, and the economic spin-offs that this will deliver will outweigh the cost of today many, many times.
Not for ITV and Sky who are covering with no ad breaks, hitting their finances, cinemas are screening it free at a loss and most shops closing, many will be out of pocket today bar london venues, even if tourism may get a boost, it will hit some financially at a lower level across the country.

Bit of a dull point to be honest you could say it about anything the human race doe's, the money could be used differently.
Exactly,where do you begin.....people abuse our welfare and health system every day and cost the taxpayer millions.

Our Queen has passed,it costs what it costs to ensure her reign is celebrated and honoured properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.