Queen Elizabeth II

I’ve been unfortunate enough to carry coffins before, I was beyond nervous and there were only 100 people there.

Imagine being one of those guards doing it in front of millions, possibly more, and it being the Queen.

These guys carrying the coffin from the queen's company were actually in Iraq last week apparently

I’ve been unfortunate enough to carry coffins before, I was beyond nervous and there were only 100 people there.

Imagine being one of those guards doing it in front of millions, possibly more, and it being the Queen.
I've done it 4 times. Both parents and a couple of uncles. Hated the gig, to be honest. Your overriding feeling is, don't mess it up.

It's only really hit home in the last day or so how much change this actually means. I'm not hugely bothered about the monarch (in the sense that I don't get overly defensive over differing opinions) but what she symbolised and the end of the longevity is quite sad.

A real 'constant' in my lifetime to the point where it'll feel strange and wrong that she isn't on the throne anymore. Something that's been taken for granted, by me anyway.

Genuine question...

How will your life change in any tangible way?

I've done it 4 times. Both parents and a couple of uncles. Hated the gig, to be honest. Your overriding feeling is, don't mess it up.
It’s horrible but then you feel like you’re ducking out of it if you say no.

Hopefully I won’t have to do it again and som other unlucky people will have to carry mine next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.