Queen Elizabeth II

As an aside my neighbour reckons that if you put a foot wrong when marching in the services, you can get jailed. I don't believe him, anyone know the truth?

A load of bullshit.

It is hard to make a mistake given how many drills are carried out by the Guards regiments in the build up to these events and they have quite a few ceremonial postings when not on exercise or ops.

When marching is part of your profession it would be difficult being out of step. Even if you are out of step it can be correctly immediately.

Deeply poignant. When the Queen Mother died, that was the tune they played when her body was brought to the Abbey, so it was beautifully planned to be played as the Queen was taken away from it. William and Charles have walked behind both so that must be an eerie feeling for them.
William and Harry walked behind their mother grandmother and great grandmother, the Queen was a substitute Mum for them it’s a very sad day, Charles looks close to tears it must be so emotional for him.
No amount of money or prestige would make me want their lives

Doubt we'll ever see massed pipes and drums like that again.
It sort of put me in my mind of the meaning behind the funeral Haka... which I believe is make a load of bloody noise to let the God's know that a good person is on their way and they'd better let then in to heaven.
That was one of the best bits sometimes think there might be a bit of Scotland in me. They were great to go into battle behind those pipes and drums in the olden days.

I missed most or the day attending A&E for treatment to post covid issues. I am a republican, but reading what many have posted, I must say that, if you have a monarch, you could do a lot worse than EIIR.

William and Harry walked behind their mother grandmother and great grandmother, the Queen was a substitute Mum for them it’s a very sad day, Charles looks close to tears it must be so emotional for him.
No amount of money or prestige would make me want their lives
Saw the young children in the car today and thought they were like caged birds. An existence more than a life. Could also appreciate why they retreat to Balmoral each year: it’s a comparative wilderness and allows them to escape, albeit briefly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.