Queen Elizabeth II

I’d argue she has, the commonwealth is an entirely different place to what she inherited and the Crown act was a pretty major change.
The commonwealth? Are you using the present state of the commonwealth as a positive?
The crown act was about lineage/succession. Utter nonsense that changes nothing for anyone other then the royal family. If we have a king or a queen it makes no difference at all to the corrupt system.

She became the heir to the throne at 11 years old, how anyone can pretend she didn't intend or expect to be Queen is beyond me, it's simply not based in reality.

She was, in fact, educated from an early age by an Eton provost specifically to prepare her to be monarch.

The reality and fact is that for the first eleven years of her life, she never expected or intended to be Monarch.

Her family were well removed from the glare of the Crown, her own Father just 41 when his own brother abdicated, petrified of public speaking.

The Queen Mother, just 36 and a set of rules which would have seen any son subsequently born and be direct in line to the throne.

I know you were just flagging the preparedness and readying she had from the line of succession changing.

However, for the first 33 years of Jesus' life nobody seems to mention him much and he eventually claimed to be the Messiah!

The commonwealth? Are you using the present state of the commonwealth as a positive?
The crown act was about lineage/succession. Utter nonsense that changes nothing for anyone other then the royal family. If we have a king or a queen it makes no difference at all to the corrupt system.

Are you saying you’d rather we still be an empirical force?

I don’t think many other monarchs would have led us through that change and ended up with an entity that countries are still applying to join.

I feel so sad today, worse than felt during the period of mourning. The last 11 days have seen the British public at their very best and the tributes and honour and love shown to her have been uplifting and joyous. Yesterday was a wonderful spectacle done with pomp and majesty carried out by and watched by people who wanted it to be befitting of our Queen, it was all carried out with love and respect and for the first time in long time I've felt proud to be English.

But when I switched the TV on this morning and everything was back to normal, the finality of it all hit me hard.

She's gone and it makes me so sad.

I’d argue she has, the commonwealth is an entirely different place to what she inherited and the Crown act was a pretty major change.

The Commonwealth would be a major one, I'd list.

Both communities in Northern Ireland seem to think that a couple of small actions had a significant effect - literally crossing the street to meet both sides of the religious divide according to reporting (Newry or Omagh?)

The reality and fact is that for the first eleven years of her life, she never expected or intended to be Monarch.

Her family were well removed from the glare of the Crown, her own Father just 41 when his own brother abdicated, petrified of public speaking.

The Queen Mother, just 36 and a set of rules which would have seen any son subsequently born and be direct in line to the throne.

I know you were just flagging the preparedness and readying she had from the line of succession changing.

However, for the first 33 years of Jesus' life nobody seems to mention him much and he eventually claimed to be the Messiah!
If you sent that to your editor, I reckon you’d get it back.

Are you saying you’d rather we still be an empirical force?

I don’t think many other monarchs would have led us through that change and ended up with an entity that countries are still applying to join.
I’m saying we don’t need the monarchy anymore. Times have changed. All of that ‘we do pomp well’ takes money away from areas in need. We’ve got a lot of areas in need and we’ve just spent the last week on pause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.