Queen Elizabeth II

I’m saying we don’t need the monarchy anymore. Times have changed. All of that ‘we do pomp well’ takes money away from areas in need. We’ve got a lot of areas in need and we’ve just spent the last week on pause.

Ah. I’m not particularly a royalist, I am a bit conflicted though as I do think there are some benefits to a constitutional monarch (albeit it needs an element of luck as to who that is).

I’m far more interested in parliamentary reform than the monarchy.

Does the taking money away argument actually work? Thought they were net generators, could be wrong though. I know the company I work for had a massive surge in transactions in our London stores the last week.

I’m saying we don’t need the monarchy anymore. Times have changed. All of that ‘we do pomp well’ takes money away from areas in need. We’ve got a lot of areas in need and we’ve just spent the last week on pause.
The money that yesterday will have brought in and will bring in, plus the recruitment to the services that will be boosted as a result- are hard to quantify. Robin Hood economics, whilst sounding lovely - is very short sighted.

The money that yesterday will have brought in and will bring in, plus the recruitment to the services that will be boosted as a result- are hard to quantify. Robin Hood economics, whilst sounding lovely - is very short sighted.
The coronation economics will dwarf yesterday’s.

Whilst there were loads of people there, it wasn’t a time to buy a tea towel or a mug.

Florists and mobile food trailers will have made a killing, but not much else.

Maybe airlines flying Americans in too.

Ah. I’m not particularly a royalist, I am a bit conflicted though as I do think there are some benefits to a constitutional monarch (albeit it needs an element of luck as to who that is).

I’m far more interested in parliamentary reform than the monarchy.

Does the taking money away argument actually work? Thought they were net generators, could be wrong though. I know the company I work for had a massive surge in transactions in our London stores the last week.
Any parliamentary reform for the progressives will surely result in modernisation and slimming down of the monarchy. When tourists visit buck palace they don’t meet the queen. They will still visit the sites. This last week has felt like an eastenders omnibus on repeat.

Times may have changed but people don't appear to have that much, you have people on here still claiming that we need to get rid and the rest of the world dislikes royalty yet the world watched as did this country.

There is no proof of any kind that this country wants to see the back of royalty, none.

We’ll never be allowed to know how much yesterday and the past week has cost us as taxpayers because it will be kept from us.

Times may have changed but people don't appear to have that much, you have people on here still claiming that we need to get rid and the rest of the world dislikes royalty yet the world watched as did this country.

There is no proof of any kind that this country wants to see the back of royalty, none.
There is no anti-monarchy movement in the UK?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.