Question for Tolmie

Big Dave Watson

Did Tevez fuck up this transfer window again?

..and if so, will he fuck up the next one by still being here?

I am sure Tolmie will get to you Big Dave but its clear that the club have placed terms and conditions on Tevez's sale that clubs who have shown an interest in him have yet to meet.

We either meet their best offer or we stand our ground until they meet ours , so its stalemate for now.

Obvious I know but Tevez has to want to go to that club and the club has to meet our requirements.

Tevez is a difficult customer at the best of times as we all knew well before he joined us.

He hasn't helped himself with his attitude and stance he has taken for over 18 months now.

We don't know if he has to ability to get into the minds of other players given that attitude.

Personally I believe it could affect other players knowing that a player like Tevez wants away and has so in varying degrees for sometime now.

Bottom line is he doesn't want to be at Man City even if we met all his demands which would be many are far reaching.

We have made a number of concessions that have let the Tevez bug festering without full blown infection until Munich.

It was a mistake to do so but Tevez knew he was our main hope for success on the pitch and thats what makes this simpleton a much bigger disease than he should be.

Mancini said in a recent interview he has no problems with Tevez.

That may be true only if Tevez is away from Carrington.

Mancini must be given the right to choose the team he sees can best win us games every matchday and to give Tevez the opportunity to now play for this club would be his deathnell for sure.

Big Dave Watson said:

I'd love to say he did, but the truth is somewhere in between.

The club/Cook put the block on De Rossi last summer because they could not complete a Tevez sale.

We have had long enough to tailor a deal to suit, but when it becomes a matter of principle, for both sides, nobody wins.

I get stick from people who have no knowledge of what side of the fence I actually do garner info from.

The club has an agenda, the manager has an agenda, players have an agenda.

I've noted in the It's Quiet thread the usual little digs, it's cool, it really is.

It's there for entertainment, both you and me, snippets of info at the time I've been given them.

The only thing I said this window is that I believed we would sign somebody, contrary to reports elsewhere and even Mancini the day before.

I've also tried to pass on Tevez updates. I resigned myself ages ago that I can't please everybody.

I'll continue to do what I do, when appropriate, and how I deem fit.

Ric does not stand for WUMS. I have a legitimacy which he and others feel I have an advantage over others.

There are over 200 pages in It's Quiet, I would be surprised if I have more than 25 posts within it as people chip in with basic transfer opinion and gossip.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:

The club/Cook put the block on De Rossi last summer because they could not complete a Tevez sale.

We have had long enough to tailor a deal to suit, but when it becomes a matter of principle, for both sides, nobody wins.

I get stick from people who have no knowledge of what side of the fence I actually do garner info from.

I've noted in the It's Quiet thread the usual little digs, it's cool, it really is.

It's there for entertainment, both you and me, snippets of info at the time I've been given them.

The only thing I said this window is that I believed we would sign somebody, contrary to reports elsewhere and even Mancini the day before.

I've also tried to pass on Tevez updates. I resigned myself ages ago that I can't please everybody.

Ric does not stand for WUMS. I have a legitimacy which he and others feel I have an advantage over others.

I must admit Tolmie I haven't followed your posts closely over time but I do detect a distinct sour tone of late in your comments of RM of late.

If we fail to land the title this season do you want him gone?

Even if we do win the title do you still want him gone?

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:

I must admit Tolmie I haven't followed your posts closely over time but I do detect a distinct sour tone of late in your comments of RM of late.

I just think he is letting too many outside factors derail his and our focus.

If Mourinho wants the job, I would like to see him get it. But it's been that way for me since we became a relevant player in world football

I want the best, and he's the best IMO.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

If Mourinho wants the job, I would like to see him get it. But it's been that way for me since we became a relevant player in world football

The problem I have with Mourinho isn't ability, it isn't the way he handles the media, or even the undoubted ego he possesses, it's the longevity issue. No matter where he's managed he never seems to stay for any period of time. Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, a handful of seasons at each. I want a manager who wins things AND stays for a considerable period, I just don't see Mourinho doing the latter, although I can easily see him achieving the former, he has done wherever he's been.

Mou has stated that he wants to create a dynasty - or words to that effect - at his next job i.e. he wants to stay long-term. I still think he would rather go to the Swamp than Etihad so not convinced he'll ever do more than flirt with City.

If Bobby fails to win the league this season and Jose wanted the job, you'd have to giver it serious consideration if you were Mansour: Jose is a as sure a bet of success as you could get. My heart says I'd rather Mancini succeeded and if he doesn't, I'd rather have Guardiola.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I want a footballing dynasty to last as long as Ferguson or the Liverpool boot room.

What I dont want is a manager parchuted in and then to leave two or three years later.

That is not a recipe for genuine improvement.

unrealistic. You can still be a top team and win trophies quite routinely with many managers See: Every large club aside from Arsenal and United.

Ferguson and to an extent Wenger are anomalies and will never be repeated as the world is too cut-throat.

The fear is if they want rid of Mancini and Mourinho either a. won't come with new CEO or b. holds out for the rags, who is left.

Ancelotti would have been my first choice, but we'll probably only be left with the fat spanish waiter.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I can only judge him from what I see in the media and I don't think he is very media savvy at all , its partly the language barrier but you can summarise his responses in four sentences , win lose or draw.

That doesn't necessary lend itself to concluding that outside influences are effecting his matchday performance and our results.

What most of us have known for sometime is no matter who we put on the park when teams defend in large numbers and give us little time of the ball our possession game and ability to keep possession in the opposition half comes under more scrutiny and pressure and we create fewer good scoring opportunities.

Mancini and Co especially away from home will have to find a solution to coin the manager to this situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.