Question for Tolmie

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'd love to say he did, but the truth is somewhere in between.

The club/Cook put the block on De Rossi last summer because they could not complete a Tevez sale.

We have had long enough to tailor a deal to suit, but when it becomes a matter of principle, for both sides, nobody wins.

I get stick from people who have no knowledge of what side of the fence I actually do garner info from.

The club has an agenda, the manager has an agenda, players have an agenda.

I've noted in the It's Quiet thread the usual little digs, it's cool, it really is.

It's there for entertainment, both you and me, snippets of info at the time I've been given them.

The only thing I said this window is that I believed we would sign somebody, contrary to reports elsewhere and even Mancini the day before.

I've also tried to pass on Tevez updates. I resigned myself ages ago that I can't please everybody.

I'll continue to do what I do, when appropriate, and how I deem fit.

Ric does not stand for WUMS. I have a legitimacy which he and others feel I have an advantage over others.

I must admit Tolmie I haven't followed your posts closely over time but I do detect a distinct sour tone of late in your comments of RM of late.

If we fail to land the title this season do you want him gone?

Even if we do win the title do you still want him gone?

I just think he is letting too many outside factors derail his and our focus.

If Mourinho wants the job, I would like to see him get it. But it's been that way for me since we became a relevant player in world football

I want the best, and he's the best IMO.

So right :-)

Andouble said:
unrealistic. You can still be a top team and win trophies quite routinely with many managers See: Every large club aside from Arsenal and United.

Ferguson and to an extent Wenger are anomalies and will never be repeated as the world is too cut-throat.

The fear is if they want rid of Mancini and Mourinho either a. won't come with new CEO or b. holds out for the rags, who is left.

Ancelotti would have been my first choice, but we'll probably only be left with the fat spanish waiter.

The reason for Arsenal, Liverpool & United's success is why?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Big Dave Watson said:
Did Tevez fuck up this transfer window again?

..and if so, will he fuck up the next one by still being here?

I'd love to say he did, but the truth is somewhere in between.

The club/Cook put the block on De Rossi last summer because they could not complete a Tevez sale.

We have had long enough to tailor a deal to suit, but when it becomes a matter of principle, for both sides, nobody wins.

I get stick from people who have no knowledge of what side of the fence I actually do garner info from.

The club has an agenda, the manager has an agenda, players have an agenda.

I've noted in the It's Quiet thread the usual little digs, it's cool, it really is.

It's there for entertainment, both you and me, snippets of info at the time I've been given them.

The only thing I said this window is that I believed we would sign somebody, contrary to reports elsewhere and even Mancini the day before.

I've also tried to pass on Tevez updates. I resigned myself ages ago that I can't please everybody.

I'll continue to do what I do, when appropriate, and how I deem fit.

Ric does not stand for WUMS. I have a legitimacy which he and others feel I have an advantage over others.

There are over 200 pages in It's Quiet, I would be surprised if I have more than 25 posts within it as people chip in with basic transfer opinion and gossip.

Why is it somewhere in between now, when earlier you said the green light had been given irrespective of Tevez. Which side of the fence lol. Your ass is full of splinters.

Football does that you see, if you actually tried to appreciate how the game works.

They say a week is a long time in football, yet you flag up a posting going back over a month.

Do feel free to share when you were at the briefing with mancini and his aims for this window?

Also feel free to flag up the subsequent posts of mine which contradicted and stated Tevez was still a hindrance to the entire process.

Concentrate on this fetish for 80s shorts, rather than coming to a gunfight with a knife.

Awaits your undoubted latest accusatory response, about as pertinent as a used tampon floating down the Ganges.

Is it possible that if Mancini is replaced for whatever reason that City may go for Guardiola over Mourinho ?
And would this be more likely if the ex-Barcelona staff do join City as has been mentioned as a possibility ?

I must admit that the rivalry would be even more intense if Mourinho was at Utd and Guardiola at City !

Matty said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
I must admit Tolmie I haven't followed your posts closely over time but I do detect a distinct sour tone of late in your comments of RM of late.

If we fail to land the title this season do you want him gone?

Even if we do win the title do you still want him gone?

I just think he is letting too many outside factors derail his and our focus.

If Mourinho wants the job, I would like to see him get it. But it's been that way for me since we became a relevant player in world football

I want the best, and he's the best IMO.

The problem I have with Mourinho isn't ability, it isn't the way he handles the media, or even the undoubted ego he possesses, it's the longevity issue. No matter where he's managed he never seems to stay for any period of time. Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, a handful of seasons at each. I want a manager who wins things AND stays for a considerable period, I just don't see Mourinho doing the latter, although I can easily see him achieving the former, he has done wherever he's been.

Thats not Bobby then. I see Italy in his future no matter what. JM (assuming he wins this year) will have won everything everywhere that counts (possible exception being Germany but I don't ever see him going there). He has said he wants to return to England and retire in England. I would say the next thing for him is building a dynasty team like Fergie has done. I think we are the perfect fit for him and I expect he would welcome the chance to stay here a long time.

Shame on the lot of you. What started as a thread on tevez now becomes a replace Mancini thread. Get behind the manager and team and lets keep amanager longer than three bloody years for a change. I`m happy to be top of the league and watching players like Silva and Yaya etc. Because in the 42 years i`ve been watching City, i`ve seen to many managers come and go and i`ve also watched some shite. Come on the BLUES! Come on MANCINI!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Football does that you see, if you actually tried to appreciate how the game works.

They say a week is a long time in football, yet you flag up a posting going back over a month.

Do feel free to share when you were at the briefing with mancini and his aims for this window?

Also feel free to flag up the subsequent posts of mine which contradicted and stated Tevez was still a hindrance to the entire process.

Concentrate on this fetish for 80s shorts, rather than coming to a gunfight with a knife.

Awaits your undoubted latest accusatory response, about as pertinent as a used tampon floating down the Ganges.

It was a lighthearted dig. Get over yourself ffs. Methinks you protest too much.

Tolmie as someone who reads your narrative contributions with interest I'd be interested to see if you can, with discretion, throw a little more light on "outside factors."

RM did look particularly ill at ease post Everton?

I do agree that JM is a fantastic manager, he could well win la Liga and the Champs League with a team that in truth are not at the same level as their major rivals, and yet, they produce.

He does appear to be a bit of a butterfly and you have to wonder how that sits with the long term "dynasty" our owners are trying to build, which, presumably, would be best served by continuity, or maybe not.

JM also seems to be first team centric and if that is the case how is that seen set alongside the huge investment which is currently being made to developing our resources in house by investing in youth for the future a la Barca?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.