Questions from a Newcastle forum

stony

The Fish said:
All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

I'll be putting a selection of the replies up here

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having?

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be?

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

Who has been your player of the season?

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Which managers have impressed you this season?

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

Which fans have impressed you the most/least?

And finally what do you predict the score to be?

Cheers in advance for any answers.

Dave

(If the mods want to move this, I don't have facility to create new threads)

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

We put our faith in Roberto and stand behind his every decision

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

I think we all want him to stay provided he changes, would be sad if he wasted his talent

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

Thought the champions league was a good learning curve and we got knocked out of the europa league during the very bad run we was on

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

We never had an 8 point league

Protects the elite and takes a big shit on all the other clubs

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Dont have any feelings one way or another towards the bindippers

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

or manure when they bought it every year or arsenal with big signings like reyes,wiltord etc or blackburn with jack walkers millions

Yes and forza mancini

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

50/50

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

to be up at the top and going for trophies

anyone of Kompany.Lescott,Yaya or Kun

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Media

Rodgers at swansea and Pardew

To many to list

We have 11 players capable of magic

Your 2 strikers

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

Ushited 1 City 6 And the Ushited 4 everton 4 game

Love the passion from newcastle fans

Newc 1 City 3

stony said:
The Fish said:
All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

I'll be putting a selection of the replies up here

Cheers in advance for any answers.

Dave

(If the mods want to move this, I don't have facility to create new threads)
Regarding Tevez, football fans are very fickle. One minute you can be a hero, next a villain next a hero. I think players can get away with a lot more if they perform well.

Balotelli definitely has a place here. He is a class act. His penalty taking ability is worth a fair few points a season. Could well be very important if a champions league game goes to penalties. Add to that moments of brilliance against United and Sunderland as well as others.

Champions league was actually a good step in the right direction. It was a very difficult group and the team did very well.

Every club has a bad run. We had ours then united had theirs.

FFP will be around until one of the big clubs i.e united, Arsenal, Madrid, AC Milano fail to comply and it will be wiped out again.

Yes i hate the dippers.

I think Mancini will be here next season. I am happy if he stays or goes. He has made very good signings and has taken us up a level.

I think a centreback and a winger just to change the game, not much more is needed to be honest.

Kompany has been the best player for me.

I think a large portion of fans still haven't really accepted Tevez back. However, if we win the title, it might be different.

He's too big of a talent to let go right now, I'd give him one more season.

It was an exceptionally strong group, I think it was that mixed with tactical errors. The Europa league doesn't concern me all too much, I was unable to watch the games.

What happened is the rags fucked up.

None, the Sheikh is too good a businessman.

Yes.

No, I'm just glad whenever the rags don't win. Money is needed nowadays to join in.

Yes and yes.

Mancini, Kidd and Platt obviously have done a great job but then again the players have too.

Title winners (retain the title? One can only hope.) Along with a serious Chumps League run. We need a plan B really. Some wingers and a midfield enforcer in the mold of De Rossi.

Agüero, Barry, Hart and Lescott for me.

Seeing Balotelli fuck up time and again. I really wish the lad the best and hope he succeeds but if he doesn't get his act together he won't get anywhere.

Lambert, Rodgers, DiMatteo, Pardew, Mancini.

Cissé (not Djibril, your Cissé), Ben Arfa, Our team ;), RVP, Taraabt has impressed me personally and a bunch more.

Our dwarven frontline of Tevez, Agüero, Nasri and Silva. Also watch out for Clichy, Richards, Touré and some subs like Dzeko and Balotelli.

Cissé, Ba, Cissé, Ben Arfa, Cissé, Tioté, Cissé, Cabaye, Cissé, Cissé, Cissé.

1-6 and the Liverpool fuckup against Q.P.R.

Not quite sure.

1-1

First half of those questions are shit, oh and do some research! 8 pts???

No offence but don't want to answer your questions, tomorrow is strictly business and we are coming to win the league.

Maybe if he wasn't the quality player he is, things would have been different.

He needs to change and quick if not move him on.

Don't think we have got the knack off european away games yet. We didn't lose at home! Hopefully with a better group next year we will progress further.

I kept the faith ;)

Don't think it will deny anyone of European football that would be stupid. It will damage them as much as us.

YES!

I honestly wasn't bothered about Chelsea as anyone is better than United winning it. I feel exactly the same now.

He will and I hope he remains our manager for many years.

Our players are wonderful but the managemant team has to take a lot of credit. They come across very strong and proffesional.

The triple?
3 or 4 signings
Hazard, Lavezzi, Vertonghen and Van Persie would be nice.

Gareth Barry

Media and feferees favouring United

Alan Pardew

Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Ramires, Fellaini, Holt, Mclean

Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Yaya, Nasri

Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and Cabaye

6-1 against United for obvious reasons
United 4-4 Everton for obvious reasons

Most- Norwich
Least- United home and away were woeful and im not just saying that. West Brorm were bad too. Then the obvious Wigan/Blackburn/Fulham are always crap.

3-2 City

not necessarily, a lot of the fans have not forgiven Carlos for what he did and may never do. Yet if he is performing on the pitch, it is difficult to complain at the moment. Balotelli could learn from his on the pitch dedication.

I suspect he'll move on, but with this club you never know. The only place realistically that he would leave for would be somewhere in Italy, and if he does, then good luck to the bloke.

It was a completely different style of play, completely. It was the club's first proper experience of fixture congestion and I just dont think we fully performed in Europe. Also, away at Bayern Munich in my opinion we should have had 2 penalties at 0-0, then when they scored it took the sting out of us. We will learn from it hopefully and progress next year.

Everyone thought it was over, you could see after our game at the Emirates, especially looking at Lescott, Kompany and Hart that the gap seemed too far. Then all we could do was win our games and leave the rest up to the other teams and thank god for the likes of Everton and Wigan, doing us huge favours. Also, the introduction of Tevez and Aguero upfront cannot be overlooked.

Not too much, having read articles i am pretty confident we should be financially ok in this regard.

Oh its hilarious!

I was more concerned with where City were as we werent challenging Chelsea, but at the end of the day, even Manchester United's spending is overlooked, compare the squad price differences from Monday for example, not as big a gap as you might think. To be at the top nowadays, you have to spend some form of money, we're just lucky to be in the position we are.

Yes. Yes.

You have to give both credit, the man management from the staff has been very good, the Tevez saga could have been handled differently but that was a very unique event. Balotelli could also be mentioned, but he has performed quite well for most parts of the season, he just ruins it for himself too often. Kompany has been an inspirational captain, I urge any of the Newcastle fans to watch some of the tunnel cams that our club do and look at the leadership qualities he posseses.

We need to keep building, so another title challenge alongside a European push, perhaps the QFs of the champions league or beyond. It depends on any departures but at the moment we have a world class squad, the only thing I think we lack is extra width as a back up plan, then in the front line itself it depends on Tevez/Balotelli and whether they leave. At the back I think we are sorted, although if Kolo leaves us, I'd like a decent centre half as there is not too much trust in Savic at the min....

Wow. Im going to go for Aguero, I think he's been sensational all season. Silva was immense for the first half, then quietened with his ankle problem and now appears to have found his form again, if you asked me in January it would have been him. Mentions also to Yaya, Kompany, Lescott and Barry.

Refereeing decisions for the rags and against us. Apart from that, Mario Balotelli. His actions on the pitch annoyed me more than the whole Tevez thing.

Mancini, Pardew, Rogers, Martinez, Lambert.

Non-City: Antonio Valencia, Papiss Cisse, Yohan Cabaye, Michel Vorm, Van Persie, Gary Caldwell, Gareth Bale,

Our front 4 to start, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Silva. Then Yaya driving forward. Depending on who we play at right back, Micah is a very powerful guy who gave your defence a tough time at our place last time around. It sounds ridiculous but im still pinching myself at the players we have!

Cisse. Been absolutely immense. Ba was brilliant first half of the season but seems to have been quieter since moving to the wing. Cabaye as well, think hes been superb and Coloccini deserves a shout, as does Krul.

Away at the swamp, 6-1, could not have been any better!
Then i'd say the 4-4 with everton and the rags, just because of how much it meant to me at the time.

Most? Stoke are always loud at the Brit, but they werent at ours. I'll give it to Norwich, they're fans have been quality at Carrow Road this year.
Worst? Rags. Yes i know I would say that but look at the 2 derby games, they're fans really didnt get behind the team and were appalling. Monday night was just a new low for their fans and noise levels. Also, Fred Done paying out on the rags to win the title about a month ago, and them selling and buying champ20ns shirts already.

1-1, im absolutely bricking it, it means so much to you as well as, I couldnt think of a worse fixture to play given the situations really. All the best.

No, the situation should have been sorted out behind closed doors & then forgotten.

He'll stay, but I would get rid.

2 early pens not given in Munich did'nt help.

Got back on track by not giving up. Getting players back from injury, suspension, holiday etc.

none

don't look at their results. They are not fighting for a euro place.

You don't buy the title you buy the players. Then you have to get them to play as a team.

Yes, yes

50/50

win the prem at least & buy a new centre back for injuries/suspensions.

Silva

Balotelli & Tevez.

quite a few

who ever starts.

why worry about the opposition. We will just get on with our own game.

6 - 1 v rags, rags 4 - 4 Everton

Not many fans have taken the full allocation at City this season. Even Newcastle did'nt fill it which is unusual.

2 - 0 City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.