Questions from a Newcastle forum

stony said:
The Fish said:
All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

I'll be putting a selection of the replies up here

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

Life's to short to hold grudges and when the opportunity to have him back arose I don't see why not, the guy has never not gave 100% on the pitch and I'd be happy for him to stay as long as he really means it!

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

I like Balo always have, if he can cut the shit out on the pitch then I'd like him to stay, game needs characters and that wink at Camelgob was legendary!

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

We did pretty well in our first attempt, 10 points is usually enough, just the disappointing result at Napoli done us. With regard to Europa we and Manure we're very much in it but I think the league battle took precedent and our eye of the ball!

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

We were bound to have the odd blip here and there and it wasn't just are poor form at the time it was the 3 or 4 dodgy decisions that got them back in the race, thankfully we regained are mojo and they got carried away as usual.

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having?

Not a lot, so many other teams with debt problems if they focus on us, then the world we'll see the UEFA and G18 for the shithouses they are. I'd bank on our owners being savvy enough to deal with anything thrown at them.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Fuck the Dippers and their mid table mediocrity, glad they lost today. So that would be a yes!

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

We ain't the first but we might be the last so fuck the hypocritical cunts, way I see it you're either in the A) wish it was your club B) one of the sky4 shitting themselves over lost CL money either way fuck em!

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be?

Yes and yes.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

There is no i in team!

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

Competing for honors and a defender/midfielder but would depend on who goes!

Who has been your player of the season?

Aquero

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

Incompetent officials!

Which managers have impressed you this season?

Pardew, Martinez that Swansea bloke and Bobby Manc!

Which Premier League Players have stood out?

All ours!

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?

Err what's his face for yous, bargain indeed!

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?
See above^^

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

Sick Swan and Manure V Everton

Which fans have impressed you the most/least?

Norwich/Manure

And finally what do you predict the score to be?
0-2 Would love yers to get a CL spot, yers deserve it but of course not at the expense of us wining the title.

Cheers in advance for any answers.

Dave

(If the mods want to move this, I don't have facility to create new threads)

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?

I wouldn't think so; he can keep scoring but I don't think many have really forgiven him completely yet. Yet at the same time, if we have a player of his quality available it would be silly to leave him out, it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?

I'd want him to calm down if he was to stay here. That might be asking too much but he needs to, for his own sake.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?

I think our Champions League 'failure' is overplayed somewhat. We were in by far the toughest overall group, and our points total would've sent us through in most of the other groups. I think we were unlucky. I count our exit from the Europa as a blessing in disguise: if we'd beaten Sporting we'd have faced a trip to Metalist Kharkiv, and I think we wouldn't be in this position now if we'd stayed in it.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?

Of course, but we all know it can still go either way. I can't see a Keegan-style meltdown from Mancini though!

I think we'll find a way round it, there will always be loopholes. I think we climbed the ladder before UEFA pulled it up.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?

Not really too bothered about Liverpool in the scheme of things, it's pretty funny though, I must admit.

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?

I felt envious, but who wouldn't? I know we're not going to have everyone on side, and I understand it, but I can honestly say I didn't 'hate' them for it.

Yes and yes. He must stay if we're going to carry on building. I think most of us are agreed on that.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?

It's always a balance between the two obviously. I think particularly in the last few weeks, Mancini's come into his own with his mindgames piling the pressure on United. Now we need to see if he can keep the pressure off now we're top of the league again.

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?

I think it's realistic to expect another tilt at the title. I expect we'll see a few departures during the summer, but I think we really need to strengthen out wide; I hope we go for Eden Hazard. Possibly a new striker or two, depending on whether any out of Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli leave. Otherwise, I think we're sorted.

For me, it was Yaya. He's been absolutely quality. Though there are far too many to choose from, Kompany, Silva and Aguero are equally deserving. Even Clichy, he's played brilliantly of late.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?

I must say, opening up the paper to see yet another negative City story has been irritating throughout the season.

I have to say, Pardew's played a blinder for Newcastle. A lot of people questioned his appointment when he took over but he's transformed the club. Some cracking signings as well, particularly Ba, Cisse and Cabaye.

Since he arrived Cisse has been outstanding. I think Aguero's had a great season, and Van Persie and Rooney (sadly). There are a lot of others as well, I think Kompany is the stand out best defender in the league.

Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Tevez. Yaya for his bombing runs, Silva for his passing wizardry. Aguero and Tevez are obviously deadly.

Ben Arfa, Cisse and Ba. Cisse particularly, he's on fire. That goal against Chelsea defied belief.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)

The 6-1 is a clear winner for me, a huge result that shocked football.
Other than City, for me United 4-4 Everton. An unbelievable game, and let us back into the title race.

Most: Swansea. Always bring good numbers away, and pretty loud.
Least: Blackburn. They've not got behind their team in their hour of need and insisted on giving their manager both barrels.

I'm not one for making predictions for big games! I'm praying for a City win to take us one step closer to the title though.

waspish said:
The Fish said:
All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

Afraid so

He'll be here next year at least

The group we had it was always going to be tough.. disappointed as is in 10 points is usually enough

No if you would of looked at the results by us and the rags ours was ok but the rags won 11 games on the bounce so begrudging the rags were to good and I always new they couldn't keep that up. I always believed if we won our last 6 games we'd win the league!

Zero...our turn over in 3 to 5 years will be 300m+

Err yes ;)

Me personally I loves it anyone who stopped the scum winning anything are alright by me..

1st for me it's about the manager Mancini then the players

Probably 2 quality players winger and a centre back

That's a tough one we have quite a lot of player of the season in our squad and that's probably why we are challenging for the title. If I had to pick Kompany and Yaya we struggle big time with either one of these missing

This easy REFEREES performances

Yours..

Cisse RVP and Allen from Swansea

Yaya silva Aguero Tevez

Cisse because you can't defend against the goals he scores

The Arsenal vs Norwich today and obviously the 1-6

Norwich

This hard to predict because of your fans the noise and encouragement you'll give I'm going for 2-2 end to end entertaining game..

Dave

How do we know what went on between Tevez and Mancini. I suspect there is more to it such as the role of Joorabchian, his agent at City.

He is over-rated. About the only player I'd want to sell.

Bayern will win it, and we missed out by going to Bayern and trying to attack them. Did the same to Napoli. We could have won the Europa League if we had prioritised it as Sporting were not very good.

We lost a lot of players through injury and suspension and ACON all at same time whilst Utd picked up results with help of refereeing decisions

None for City, but it will kill football, and there will be a glass ceiling through which it will be very difficult to break through.

No

I was jealous.

Not sure. Whispers he will resign.

The players have been magnificent and without refereeing bias would have won the League weeks ago.

Title winners, and qualify from Champions League Group. No position is weak, but I hope we try and buy 1-2 star players

Lescott

Balotelli

Martin O'Neil, Mancini, Ferguson, Pardew

Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, RVP, City

Nasri and Lescott from set pieces

Ba. He's due one

1-6 and Wigan 1-0 Utd

Norwich every week. Utd fans last week. Mice

2-0 to Newcastle as you are due a result against us. I'd take a draw now. I think that would be good enough as I see Utd drawing at Sunderland

Afraid so

He'll be here next year at least

The group we had it was always going to be tough.. disappointed as is in 10 points is usually enough

No if you would of looked at the results by us and the rags ours was ok but the rags won 11 games on the bounce so begrudging the rags were to good and I always new they couldn't keep that up. I always believed if we won our last 6 games we'd win the league!

Zero...our turn over in 3 to 5 years will be 300m+

Err yes ;)

Me personally I loves it anyone who stopped the scum winning anything are alright by me..

1st for me it's about the manager Mancini then the players

Probably 2 quality players winger and a centre back

That's a tough one we have quite a lot of player of the season in our squad and that's probably why we are challenging for the title. If I had to pick Kompany and Yaya we struggle big time with either one of these missing

This easy REFEREES performances

Yours..

Cisse RVP and Allen from Swansea

Yaya silva Aguero Tevez

Cisse because you can't defend against the goals he scores

The Arsenal vs Norwich today and obviously the 1-6

Norwich

And finally what do you predict the score to be?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

This hard to predict because of your fans the noise and encouragement you'll give I'm going for 2-2 end to end entertaining game..

Dave

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it? I'd say so, all football fans are fickle.

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on? I think he should be given another year, if he hasn't matured by then he should leave.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit? Disappointment? Far from it, we finished with 10/18 points in the group of death. Yes i would have liked to have gone through but i enjoyed the experience. I was however disappointed with our Europa exit.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track? Had no thought for any other team being honest, was just gutted we threw it away (at the time).

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having? Not much impact at all. We can’t spend what we want per season now it’s in place but the FFP originally forced us to spend quickly in the first place. I can’t explain the ins and outs in this post but it’s all a scam to keep the elite as the elite (we jumped in just in time).

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are? Again, I’m focusing on ourselves, i don’t like Liverpool but honestly couldn’t care less.

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now? Didn’t affect us so wasn’t bothered. We weren’t challenging them so it had no bearing on City.

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be? Yes and yes

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players? I think its equally down to both the management and the players. Both have done things right, both have made mistakes.

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this? Challenge for the title again, try and win a domestic cup and reach the last 16/ quarters of the CL.

Who has been your player of the season? Vincent Kompany

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)? The media, refereeing decisions and tippy tappy Arsenal like football that put us 8 points behind the rags.

Which managers have impressed you this season? Mancini, Pardew, Rodgers, Di Matteo.

Which Premier League Players have stood out? Aguero, Kompany, Yaya, RVP, Suarez(for the bad), Jelavic, Cisse, Swansea as a team.

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for? Aguero, Tevez, Yaya, Nasri, Silva and our full backs.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about? Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without). City 6 Utd 1. Rags 4 Everton 4

Which fans have impressed you the most/least? At our ground. Most = Napoli. Least = Villa (Meant to be a big club but brought about 800 for a Saturday 3pm.)

And finally what do you predict the score to be? Don’t care as long as we win.

stony said:
The Fish said:

No hes proof that everyone makes a mistake and provided you are man enough to apologise then we can all move on

One last chance. I dont know about you but I was a right twat at 21. I cringe when I think of some of the things I did.

Naivety and lack of cohesion as a team.

Never thought it was over simply because the scum are not as good as their position would suggest. They have hung on by the skin of their teeth all season with some outragous luck and ridiculous refereeing decisions. A credit to Fergies man management.

None, do you seriously think that our owners are not clever enough to work the system? You dont become a multi billionaire unless you have some business savvy.

Yes!! Fed up with the media sychophancy where "King Kenny" is concerned. Hes a miserable ignorant fuck wit.

Wished it was us then. Thankful its us now. I feel no guilt about the money. No set of fans (and I include the geordies) are as loyal as the City fans. We have been down to div 3 and had record season ticket sales. Thick and thin mate.

Yes and most definately yes. It took whiskey nose 4 years to land a trophy at the biggest richest club in the world and 7 years for a title.

Without the management team we wouldnt have the players, however a special mention must go to Vinny Kompany. A colossus. Captain and leader.

Realistic target should be the title and possibly a domestic trophy. Maybe semi-final of champs league. Certainly beyond the group stages although I dont think we can win it.

Vinny. Best centre half in Europe. A rock.

Media. Always looking for the negative. Obsessed with the money and totally unwilling to give Mancini any credit for what he has achieved in just over 2 seasons in a foreign league in a foreign country. Also a complete lack of respect for the owners who are putting £500m in to one of the poorest parts of our city and creating 1300 new jobs.

David Moyes as always and your very own Alan Pardue. Also Brendan Rogers.

Fellaini, Van Persie, Papiss and Gareth Barry. A truly unsung hero

Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva and Yaya.

Tiote and Papiss

The scum at Old Trafford (6-1) and the 4 all draw between the scum and Everton.

Wolves the most and Villa the least

2-1 City but a very very close game.

Dave

stony said:
The Fish said:

Cant bring myself to like the bloke anymore but one thing he does provide is 110% on the pitch and if Mancini decides he should be worth a place in the team, we have to trust the boss.

He is definitely on last chance saloon. After the defeat against Arsenal that was him finished for me BUT (clutching at straws) I hope he does mature and learn his lesson for the start of next season and all is forgiven. I wont hold my breath though

We did Ok for our first time in the competition and to amass 10 points should usually guarantee a place to the next round. Unfortunately it was not to be in a tough group and will stand us in good stead for next season.

It was really 5 points we dropped against the Rags through a blip in form and United grinding out victories with the help of luck and sheer determination. Luckily they had to have a blip a some point and we seemed to have clicked into gear and gained some much needed momentum with the aid of Tevez's comeback and a settled side

Most fans think its going to be detrimental to City. Me and most City supporters think we will be fine and know our owners would have left no stone unturned. We have already invested heavily in talent and have world class players throughout our squad, we only need to tinker here and there each summer and have the money coming in from more exposure , Champions League windfall, Selling out each game, sponsorship etc... As long as we are showing progress in turnover, I believe we will be fine. The owners have invested in and around the ground and have long term plans. They are here to stay im sure of that.

Its fantastic. Title winners every year according to the most deluded set of fans going. They keep referring to their history and the famous Kop Anfield is one of the worst grounds for atmosphere. Im sure Geordies agree

To be honest Its not bothered me, I was admittedly jealous but would rather them win something than Arsenal, United or Liverpool. I dont agree with what they done but who can begrudge the fans a bit of success. Same with us, no club can have sustained success and break the monopoly of the big 4 without a massive cash injection. I would prefer it if we had a squad of Mancunians delivering success on a shoe string budget BUT realistically it will never happen. Any other fan who wouldn't love our owners at there helm are lying. Its jealousy pure and simple and im loving the hatred to our club for once RATHER than poor old little city, everyones favourite club.

100% yes and so he should be. The media hasn't given him the credit he deserves. He is a winner and he will do for me. FORZA MANCINI

Both in equal measures

Title challenge again and to progress further in Champions League. A trophy is a must. I might sound greedy but another couple of Marquee signings and we should be more than able to challenge on all fronts. (If you asked me this 5 years ago, It would be to stay in Premiership) amazing the journey we are on.

Aguero

The Tevez saga, Balotelli antics and our away form turn of the year

Pardew, Rodgers, Lambert are the stand out one's for me

Without metioning city players Van Persie, Scott Sinclair, Ba, Ben Arfa, Holt, McClean, Baines.

Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Nasri and Toure

Ben arfa, Cisse, Ba and Cabeye

6-1 against United obviously. Everton drawing with United 4-4

Swansea away the most and United the least last Monday

Jesus havn't a clue. Im nervous as hell. My heart says 2-1 City but my head says score draw.

Dave

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.