Questions from a Newcastle forum

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?
Still not really a fan of Tevez, I think he's a dick but a highly talented dick and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?
I'd love him to stay for a few more years but wouldn't be surprised if he left in the summer.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?
Wasn't too upset about it, the league has been the priority this year and I was happy enough just to witness us in the Champions league. I don't think we were ready for it though and I'm sure it will be a learning curve. Europa league, no matter what anyone says it would have been nice to win but again the league was the priority and I think that was shown. In hindsight it might have been a good thing we went out when we did.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?
Mancini not saying 'I'd love it if we beat them' ;) Not sure really but Utd haven't been playing well all season but still managed to pick up points. I suppose their luck ran out a bit. Tevez back helped.

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having?
Not much, we've done a lot of our building and I don't think there will be too many additions each transfer window. Plus I can see us selling a few more shirts in the far east over the next few years so will make a bit of money from that.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, could it? No doubt they'll class their season as better than ours if we don't win the league though because of their not-Mickey-Mouse-cup-that-they-had-named-the-Mickey-Mouse-cup-20-years-ago

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?
I honestly didn't care. Saw it as a good thing in a way because they were stopping Utd from winning it.

Do you think Mancini will be there next season? do you want him to be?
Definitely want him to be and I'd be very surprised if he wasn't

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?
I think Mancini deserves a lot of credit. Obviously the players have been very good also though.

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?
Win the league and possibly quarters of the Champions League? I think we need a fast winger and maybe another striker depending on whether Tevez/Balotelli/Dzeko leaves.

Who has been your player of the season?
David Silva. Admittedly his form has dropped since Christmas though.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?
Too many matches that we should have won but didn't. Fulham 2-0 up at half time for example

Which managers have impressed you this season?
Not many would disagree that Pardew deserves Manager of the season. Brendan Rogers and his team have impressed me too and Paul Lambert's done well to keep Norwich up comfortably.

Which Premier League Players have stood out?
Van Persie.

Which are your danger men that we should be looking out for?
Silva Tevez Nasri Aguero. They've been pretty unplayable recently.

Which Newcastle players are you worried about?
I'm having nightmares about Ba and Cisse, especially after Cisse's goals the other night :(

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)
Has to be the 6-1. Not sure about the other, Wigan beating Arsenal the other week was quite surprising.

Which fans have impressed you the most/least?
Most, compared to previous seasons has been ours. Not saying we've been the best in the league but we've had some pretty good positive support this year even when we've been fucking up. Chanting Mancini's name all match at Blackburn was top. Least, Liverpool's with all that about Suarez.

And finally what do you predict the score to be?
10-0 to Newcastle

Is Tevez proof that nobody cares what you do off the pitch as long as you perform on it?
To an extent. I'd say it's more about being pragmatic, when you're trying to win the league it makes sense to try and get the best use out of your players - in particular players as good as Tevez - and he's no use to us in Argentina. I'd be happy to see him fuck off in the summer, though.

Along the same lines; Balotelli has lit up the Premier League, both with his headline grabbing performances and his "antics". Does he have a place at Eastlands or will he be moved on?
Still not convinced either way, to be honest. When he's good, he's brilliant and when he's bad, he's terrible but personally, I find it hard to reconcile the two facets of Mario Balotelli. Is the good really worth the bad? I don't know. I'll trust Mancini's judgement whatever his decision.

The Champions League must have been a massive disappointment, was it too much too soon, tactical naivety or something else? As a follow up what happened with the Europa League exit?
A bit of everything. We threw away points at home against Napoli; drew the hardest group in the competition (and still got the normally requisite 10pts to qualify) and didn't always perform to our best. The same largely applies to the Europa League, against Sporting, we only really played in 45 minutes of the 2 legs and in those 45 minutes got into a position where we very nearly qualified. The short answer is: It was a combination of naivety and complacency imo.

When you saw you 8pt lead disappear, did you think you were copying our collapse of 95/96 and what happened to get you back on track?
I don't think we ever had an 8 point lead but, ignoring that, when we started to drop points and lose our lead, I did think we'd missed our chance. United were mechanically efficient and it seemed implausible that we would be able to get back into it. I'd say we've got back into through a combination of a return to focusing on the attack before the defence and some helpful results from teams playing United.

Depends how UEFA enforce it. Realistically, I can't see it having that much of an effect. There's so many big clubs that could be impacted, I'm not convinced that UEFA will properly enforce it. Added to which, the potential for a lawsuit in the European courts and I think we'll get away with it, so to speak.

Are you lot taking as much delight from Liverpool's disastrous league season as we are?
Assuming you're loving it, then yes. There are few things funnier in life than the Scousers failing on such a regular basis.

Honestly, how did you feel when Chelsea were buying the title a few years ago, and how do you feel now?
I wasn't that enamored with it but I also wasn't that bothered either. Between us not being anywhere near the title race and everybody else in the title race spending copious amounts, it was a bit irrelevant.

Obviously, it's more relevant now but I don't really have a problem with it. It's the only realistic way to bridge the gap between the traditional top-four and everybody else.

Yes and yes. He's not perfect and he's made his mistakes but in my opinion, he's the right man for the job and he'll get better as he learns from his mistakes.

How much of this season is down to the management team and how much is it due to the players?
Can't say I know really. I'd say a bit of both. Neither side can do all of it on their own.

What's a realistic aim for Man City next season? Where do Man City need to strengthen to achieve this?
Challenging for the title, aiming for a domestic trophy and advancing to at least the Last-16 of the Champions League.

For City, David Silva. In the league, Robin van Persie. Both have been exceptional players.

What has been your biggest frustration this season (can be performances, players, opposition, media, fans, anything)?
The media, the inconsistent standards of refereeing this year, our shocking turn of form around March and the respective sagas with Tevez and Super Mario.

Quite a few, Brendan Rogers, Paul Lambert and Bobby Manc have stood out but if I was going to pick a Manager of the Year, it'd be Alan Pardew without a shadow of doubt. He's achieved so much more than was expected of him - he's managed to get the best out of HBA too, which is an achievement in itself.

Ignoring City players: Robin van Persie, Yohan Cabaye, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Demba Ba and Juan Mata.

Aguero, Silva, Nasri and Yaya Touré. I suppose Carlos Tevez too.

The 2 Demba's, HBA and Yohan Cabaye.

Which have been your 2 stand out games this season? (One involving Man City, one without)
The 1-6 and the 4-4 draw between Everton and United (mainly for what it allowed us to do).

The Napoli fans impressed me with an entirely mental celebration in the Champions League and I remember being impressed by the Swansea fans at the start of the season but nobody really stands out.

Not sure. I'd like to think it'd be a 1-3 but I have no idea. I'm very nervous.

No, plenty of us have a problem with his return. But if he must wear the shirt then we can only hope he performs.

I hope he stays

A learning curve. Not fussed about the Europa.

It was only 8 points with a game in hand that we won so it was 5 points not 8. We never gave up and here we are with a chance again.

None

Yes

Was pleased for them tbh. Teams have always bought the title. Nothing new. Some teams have tried to buy it but failed. I'm sure you know all about that though. I'm fucking delighted now thanks. Hypocrites.

Yes. Yes.

Both. Team effort

First. Wingers/Pace.

Sergio.

Biased medja wankers and dodgy refs.

Pardew, Rodgers, Lambert

Too many to mention.

All of them pretty much

All of them pretty much

6-1
Wigan thrashing you lot

most napoli/ least rag wankers

can't predict this one I just pray that City win

I guess so. I think Tevez is a twat for doing what he did, but he's probably the reason we've got back in the title race.

I've always supported Balotelli, but the Arsenal game was the last straw for me. If Tevez stays, I cannot see him getting in the team ahead of Tevez and Aguero.

The Champions League result was kind of inevitable. We were put in a group of death with Munich, Napoli and Villareal and I wasn't expecting us to get too far, considering it was only our first season in the competition. Once we move out of Pot 3, i'm sure we'll progress. As for the Europa League, we let in three stupid goals against a Sporting team who were obviously worse than us, but I didn't really mind about the exit, as it was only the Europa.

Tevez happened. His link up play with Aguero is immense, and seemed to revitalize the rest of the team.

None. Punishing teams for spending will do more bad than the spending supposedly does itself. Think about it, if we didn't have the money, how boring would this season of been? A 20th title for United with no challenge at all.

Yes, it's hilarious.

It didn't effect us, so nothing. It was good because United had someone else to challenge them.

Yes and yes.

I personally think managers are too overrated in football. If a team play terrible it's always the managers fault. Although the manager may have got something tactically wrong for a team to play bad, there is as high of a chance that the team played bad.

Another title challenge again obviously. Would love to win the FA Cup again and to get in the quaters of the Champs League. As said by most people, we lack width. Johnson is not good enough, so I think selling him and bringing in two good wingers would add an extra option to choose from. I think either Dzeko or Balotelli may leave, Dzeko especially if we don't sign wingers to suit his style of play (similar to Gomez at Munich). I think we need a back up left back, as Kolarov is obviously not a great back up for Clichy.

So many too choose from. Hart because he's great, Richards for his progression in to England's best right back, Kompany and Lescott for being amazingly solid, Clichy for being the only great left back i've seen at city, Barry for his distribution and his efforts infront of the front four, Yaya for his strength/speed/skill and we missed him so much when he went to the ACoN, Silva for his amazing start of the season or Aguero just for being amazing. Would probably go for Aguero, with Kompany and Lescott joint second.

The crumble after our 5 point league was very frustrating, but I think the way the media writes total shit about City frustrates me a lot. If we lose the title race, it'll be down to little experience, but if United lose it, it will be down to bad performances ect, and will be no way related to 'experience'

Mancini for handling his self so well in the last few weeks, and our general style of play. Pardew for building such a great team with not exactly loads of money. Moyes for continuing to get Everton so high up the table with little to no spending money. Rodgers for getting Swansea to play like they do and Lambert for keeping Norwich up. Of course Di Matteo has done great since coming in to Chelsea too.

Apart from any City players, your front three of Ba, Cisse and Arfa. Van Persie and Song. Grant Holt for Norwich. Al Habsi, Vorm, Ruddy and Krul for keepers.

I think Cisse could struggle against Kompany and Lescott, with Kompany being the best CB in the league IMO, and Lescott being the best English CB in the league at the moment. The way you try and stop Aguero and Tevez could be important, because these two are on fire at the moment.

Cisse could be a threat if he manages to get away from Kompany and Lescott. It will also be interesting how Clichy copes with Ben Arfa. In my opinion, except from Collocini and Simpson (when fit), your defense isn't amazing.

For City, the 6-1 against United obviously. I'd probably say that Arsenal vs Wigan game was a great game to watch and also the United vs Everton game. Couldn't really say though, too many games are in my head to remember the great ones.

United fans have been crap, but that's expected. Blackburn fans have been terrible to Kean. Villa fans have also been pretty crap. Not been really impressed with any fans if i'm being honest.

Changed my mind so many times since Monday. At the moment i'm going with a 2-1 to City, but i've been thinking 2-1 to Newcastle a lot as well.

The Fish said:
All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

I'll be putting a selection of the replies up here

Ask Sheff Wednesday fans about Nile Ranger.

Loaned back to Italy. He's wearing thin.

Tough group, bit naive, we'll be back stronger next season. Europa League is a pain in the arse.

Balotelli out, Tevez in. Also some superb performances from Mancini. Special mention to the rags for being the real bottlers.

How much of an impact do you see the FFP having? Very little, we're in supreme hands at the top level.

Yes, hahaha.

£21m for Sweep. Sad, but we really needed that cash. Plus they beat the rags to the title.

He's a cert for next season. Again, the owners know what they're doing.

Look at our player of the month polls (8 different winners this season?). Says a lot about the squad. Kompany is imperious - serious captain material and the league's best defender. Bobby now seems to be steering a title push with wit and authority - winning mind games with baconface week after week.

Defending the title, Champions League semi. Hazard, a CB and Javi Martinez would be nice.

Tough one. Kompany, Aguero, Clichy, Zabaleta and Richards have all been great.

Gobshite journalists, Platini, David Silva's ankle.

Pardew, Rodgers, Chris Powell.

Cisse, Kompany, RVP, Grant Holt (England call-up, surely?)

Clichy, Tevez, Aguero.

Ben Arfa, Tiote

1-6, Everton's 4-4 with the rags (Moyes ALWAYS bends over for those fuckers)

Most - ours in the last derby

Least - Liverpool and Chelsea's at Wembley

2-3 City

Cheers in advance for any answers.

Dave

(If the mods want to move this, I don't have facility to create new threads)

All right lads, Geordie in peace before the game tomorrow. Just after a few opinions.

I'll be putting a selection of the replies up here

he's a twat at times, but he is our twat.

Balo could be a legend or a bellend, at the moment he is a mixture of both but ditto Tevez, he is ours!

First time out in the Champions League and I loved it, we thought we could play the same way as in the Prem but in that competition the teams are more savvy. Europa League... I honestly think that united getting knocked out just beforfe we played relaxed our players a bit too much and we started poorly, if only Joe Harts header would have gone in!!!

On equal games played, we were never more than 5 points ahead, 2 games and all changes, so no. And we got key players back, Vinny after his joke of a ban for the manyoo cup sending off, and Lescott after injury.

None.

Personally having grown up with them winning everything, I am loving it, just as I hope my son will love manyoo being the same.

I loved it, I was bored of the manyoo-arsenal-manyoo-arsenal duopoly. Now? I think it's great to have another team at the top, I feel so priviliged it is mine.

yes and yes.

50-50 Mancini is still learning the English league and mentality.

Top 2 in the prem and knockout stages/ 1/4 finals of the Champions league, signing Edin Hazard and Papiss Cisse (joking)

Hart, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Yaya (well done for singing his name after the semi to them lot last season!) Silva, Nasri has come good, Aguero.

Media 100%.

Rodgers, Lambert, Hodgson, Pardew.

Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote and Ben Arfa for you lot, van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bale

the obvious ones, and other not so obvious ones!

Cisse, Cabaye, Tiote, all class acts

Salford 1 Manchester City 6
Newcastle 3 Salford 0 ;o)

Most.... not so sure
Least.... them lot last Monday night, embarrassing!

And finally what do you predict the score to be?[/quote]

Not gonna jinx us by saying.

Not for me. I haven't and may never forgive him for fucking off for 35 games (not particularly bothered about the small incident in München, I was over that months ago). Even if I do go as far to forgive him I will never forget what he did and I will have very little, if any, respect and trust in him. But he owes us; he fucking owes us big time. The only way he can repay us is by playing and putting in 100% to help our cause. What good is it going to do in not playing him? He'll never be able to repay us in not playing. He has to perform on the pitch. He has to perform like he's never performed before. But that doesn't mean what he did doesn't matter. He's been fucking us over since Summer 2010 and has about twenty things on his list that he's fucked us about with; this season is just one of many. I'll evaluate whether I'll forgive him or not at the end of the season.

Who knows?! He's just an okay player; in fact some aspects to his game, things a 21 year old should have in his locker, are absolutely shite. He's nowhere near as good as the hype. But he scores fantastic goals. He could be a good player; he'll beer be world class. To be just a good player he needs to iron out, sorry, steam roller out the bad points to his game and his personality. His "antics" we're funny at first but I've grown a little tired. But he's not asked for four transfers or fucked off twice (Tevez went to Tenerife when he should have been training with the squad while suspended [after Newcastke at home last season, funilly enough] and as I said above, missed 35 games whilst AWOL!) on us. Will he be with us next season? I really don't know! He'd be a good substitute striker to have in the squad.

How can the Champions League have been a massive disappointment? It was our first go in the competition and we were the first team in history to gain ten points in the group stage and not get through. Eight points is the average to proceed, we got ten, and we were in the hardest group. We had one poor game; away at Napoli, where we played right into their hands. But we were the better side in München in the first half. We had about 60% possession, we had a few chances and had two stone-wall penalties not given. München scored against the run of play and then played well in the second half. But they've arguably been the best side in Europe this season so no shame in losing there. Other than that we were excellent. We scored goals, we played well, we did enough to go through and would have done in every single group there's ever been in the competition, just this time we didn't make it. We could have a much worse group stage next season and piss it through to the knock-outs. I was actually very pleased with how we did.
In the Europa we just didn't convert our chances in Lisbon and then didn't take them seriously in the first half of the second leg at home. We lost on away goals after a great second half fight back. It was just one of them ties. But we knew we had more important things to concentrate on. European success is for the future. In our first seasons in it we wont be anywhere near winning it. Onwards and upwards with experience.

We were never eight points clear. The most we were clear with the same games played was five points. We didn't collapse whilst in front neither. United just chipped away over a long period of time at the rate of about a point every other week. They then took a lead in the table and we had a run of two draws and a defeat. The Rags were eight points clear. We got over our three game bad run (hardly a bad run is it?) by going back to basics - keep it tight at the back and played with more freedom up front with no pressure. Tévez helped. We just put a run of wins together, scored 12, conceded 1 in four games. Simple as that, really.

Very little. There's no way it will ever work. Can you really see Platini banning Real Madrid, City, Chelsea, PSG, Wolfsberg, Malaga, Zenit St Letersburg, Anzi, Roma, Liverpool, Juventus etc etc etc - in fact almost all clubs in Europe apart from the Celtic side of the 1960's - all being banned from Europe? There are ways around everything; legal ways. Positively it will ensure we make plans to increase our income to the absolute maximum we possibly can. And 650,000,000 people watching us beat United the other night shows there is some real interest in City. Within ten years we'll be self sufficient like the top sports clubs on the planet.

Yes! I fucking hate Liverpool. They're a fucking horrible club.

Honestly, I was happy for them. They bought our best player and I didn't moan or woman about Chelsea once. The Sky clubs monopolised English football to suit themselves and keep themselves at the top; they needed breaking up. With that they had the help of UEFA and the G14 clubs where they all tried to monopolise football to keep themseles all in the CL and gain all the money keeping them rich and everyone else poor and no threat. Huge investment in clubs is great for football. I'm sick of seeing them stinking clubs in Spain at the top year on year; Bayern are so powerful they just buy everyone else's good players; United and Liverpool are fucking horrible clubs - fuck all of them! They have no right to anything! In business you have to invest to improve. To be the best you have to invest heavily. In a well established industry you have to invest like never seen before to succeed. Football is a business. Platini can fuck off. The Rags, Bayern München, Barcelona and all the rest can fuck off! Good on anyone who wants to invest to break the monopolised cartel! Good luck to Malaga and PSG I hope they really succeed!

Yes. And yes. He's great and has so much more to give. I'd rather have Roberto than anyone.

Well, it's about everyone. No club is about individuals. No club is about factions. To succeed you have to have most if not all areas working together to gain success. When Balotelli doesn't play well, or when Tévez is off for months; we all pull together for the best of the club. We have some fantastic leaders and people at City!

The realistic aim for every season ongoing is to primarily and most importantly challenge for the title. Then to get as far as we can in Europe and any cup competitions we can win will be bonuses. To sustain challenges like this we need to just get a slightly bigger squad (Kompany was suspended and Lescott injured and we lacked a bit of quality in central defence; and when we're struggling to break a team down we look to the bench for a tricky wide player and have just Johnson). I'd add a few young up and coming players like Javi Martinez, Victor Moses or Nathan Dyer to our squad. Our full strength starting XI is as good as it gets anywhere, but nobody has that available every week.

Very tough question. There are players who grab headlines but then players who are just important who don't. I would say Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry, Yaya Toure, Joe Hart, Sergio Agüero and Vincent Kompany have all had POTS quality seasons. Honourable mentions to Micah Richards, Gael Clichy, Pablo Zabaleta and David Silva.
If I was to pick one I'd pick Joleon. He's IMMENSE!

Carlos fucking off for 35 games.
Also missing chances in December, January and Fabruary (I reckon we missed 88 chances in games we dropped points in!).

Roberto Mancini.
Also Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers (his entire squad cost less than Papiss Demba Cisse, never mind City's players!), Paul Lambert (he's got a League One squad to finish mid table in the Prem, that's truly outstanding!), and Alan Pardew.

Apart from the obvious, because they're all conspicuously obvious, Victor Moses, Gylfi Sigurðsson, Grant Holt...I knew all the other good players were good players.

Honestly; everyone! I'm not being a dick but everyone is dangerous.

Again, all areas of your team is dangerous.

City v United on Monday; we showed we were superior to them in every way even more so than beating them 1-6. And Wigan's win at Arsenal; they were properly, properly excellent - Champions League standard (I'm far from saying Wigan are that good but they performed to that level that night!).

Our atmosphere on Monday against United was the best atmosphere I've ever been a part of or whitnessed anywhere. Other than that I think English football atmospheres are distinctly average across the board (including City almost all of the rest of the time).

I don't predict scores!

Football fans are pragmatists. Nobody cares that Shrek asked for a transfer 18 months ago (you may have seen the mob outside his house and the graffiti death threats), which was similar but I'll grant you Tevez has been more of a cock for longer. He came back and demonstrated contrition, and gave up on chasing the money he'd missed out on when City docked his pay. He's a peculiar character, Tevez - some say he knows how to play to the fans with the work rate and all, but then watching Argentina flop in the last world cup, there's no denying his determination to win, especially when the shit hits the fan, is there for all to see. Things may have changed? We can't know and we'll see if he's still here in August.

he's a prat and a genius at once, a very complex character. Half the shit you geordie boys have read about him is non-news or fabricated, i suspect, or not deemed newsworthy, if say, gael clichy or kolo toure did it.

the group of death, proper. We might have done better than draw with napoli at home in our inaugral match, but the points score wouldve qualified in the majority of the other groups. Seeding in pot 1 makes life easier for the 'established' english representation and if you lot get CL football you'll experience this yourselves. For the record, we did beat bayern at home, and they've made a decent fist of the rest of the competition tbh ;o)

you've been talking to Lawrenson. It was never that much, or if it was it was for 15 minutes between TV matches one sunday afternoon! Oh and you saw the reds get a goal advantage (or something equivalent) in 6 or 7 games running, around that time, didn't you? ;op

City have already started saying no to Mancini, which is why we signed Owen Hargreaves and not the lad from Roma for £30m. City posted exceptional losses before the monitoring period in order to move the problem, and infrastructure expenditure is written out. As are older contracts. NB we'll try and shift maybe 7 or 8 players for fairly big fees in the summer, i reckon.

delight? to a point, they've got some right wazaks in there squad.

Honestly, i didnt give a rats ass about Chelsea, and I still don't.

Yes and yes

Combination of both I suspect. Mancini is a class manager, and the club have built an excellent squad

A title defence or re-newed challenge, whichever the case may be. I'd sign Phil Dowd from Liverpool, Howard Webb and Chris Foy from United and Mark Clattenburg from Arsenal.... Haha! In honesty the squad is strong but needs greater depth - it's a smaller squad than most seem to believe, especially when Yaya and Kolo go to the ACN again. A Pirlo/ Viera type midfielder to strengthen midfield, an attacking midfielder to help cover Dave Silva and Sam Nasri, and an experienced, possibly 30 ish centre half as primary cover for Kompany and Lescott

Sergio Aguero

Incorrect/ misinformed punditry consensus. Like Lawrenson talking about being 10 points behind, the div. you find these misconceptions in every conversation about football you have in daily life, and sometime in questions from oppo boards ;oP

Steve Kean, Alan Pardew, Brendan Rogers, latterly Di Matteo

Bale and Modric at Spurs, Cisse and Ba, Dempsey at Fulham, Jelavic at Everton

There's 6 or 7 of the outfield 10 for your delectation ;oP

Your front 3 is the best attacking unit in the league (after ours of course!) ;oP

The 6-1 and that bonkers North London derby at Arsenal the other month

Spurs and then United

A narrow City victory. I'm not that confident we'll get the result we really need if I'm honest, if we get it, it'll either be a stroke of luck in our favour, a work of genius for us or a poor mistake by one of your boys. I think it'll be that close. Enjoy, anyway.

Not proof, just an example

Laughable question. He hasn't (yet) lit up the PL and don't believe everything you read in the Sun. We should keep him and mature him over the next season and use him more sparingly until he's ready.

All of these things. We will improve our chances of winning it through our exposure to it, and not before.

Never saw it that way. We all wanted Newcastle to win the title (ie ABMU) so were pissed-off when you blew it. We had a run of poor results, but it was obvious that at some point the rags would also drop points.

The spending spree enabled us to establish ourselves at base camp. Now we simply move up from one plateau to the next terms of spending but these are simply incremental. The focus that FFP has created in terms of improving off the field revenue generation is interesting!

Not at all. Personally I have a lot of respect for LFC.

At the time I was delighted that Chelsea would be able to form a challenge to rag dominance. Pissed me off when they took Shauny Wright though!

Of course he will, he is a class act.

Everyone at the Club should take collective credit for our incredible season.

Premier League title plus quarters of the ECL.
We need a decent central defender to mitigate the loss of Vinny/Joleon, a midfield enforcer who is happy to go to places like Stoke and mix it up with them, and someone to take the creative pressure off of Silva.

Kompany.

Failure to resolve the Tevez problem sooner.

Pardew, Rogers, Lambert.

Too many to list here.

Yaya Toure and hopefully James Milner with a last minute winner!

Ben Arfa - a quality footballer. Plus Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse, oh and your goalie is pretty decent to!

6-1 at the swamp
Chelsea 3 Arse 5

Most- Swansea
Least- Rags. Didn't turn-up - just like their team.

Heart says Toon 2- City 3, head says 2-2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.