Queues

Those metrolink drivers, eh, with their massive standards of living, brilliant working conditions and golden palaces, shafting us hard working men in the street.
And they are private-sector workers because they work for a private company. Pretty definitive that.

The fact that the infrastructure is publicly owned is neither here nor there. The M6 is publicly-owned, that doesn't mean that when you drive down it you become a public sector worker.

Bus drivers are all private sector these days too, which is why the bus services are so perfect.

I gave up trying to getting into M1 at 3-20pm and went to Mary Ds. I went back for the second half and got in.

There are things the club could do to get people in early, simple things like make a pie and a pint half price before 2-30pm.

If technophobes like me want a paper ticket/old style SC then it should be allowed. If a queue of 500 people takes 30 seconds each to find the ticket on the phone ( Remember in this day and age phone theft is rife and losing your phone can mean losing lots more than just being able to ring someone, people will be reluctant to walk around with their phone in hand) that queue is 4 hours long. If it takes 10 seconds its still over 1 hour. Factor in being searched, wanded, etc and you can see why it is a mess.

Fan culture as well, as long as I have been going we always got in 5 minutes before KO, Maine Road had lots of pubs in walking distance, the Etihad doesnt, so days like yesterday when trams were poor because of shortages of them then fans are stuck in town and will arrive later, plus have we have seen posted the motorways were fucked as well.

At 3-20pm yesterday i was on the verge of quitting going, by 3-45pm i was missing City, by 4pm i was in the ground. Yes its shit at the moment, the club have got lots of things wrong and it is easy to blame the fans for it, what we need to do is find a way around it.

Never mind expanding the stadium, City need to get Architects into redesign the entrances. The current turnstiles are not fit for purpose and need to be ripped out. More modern and faster turnstiles or electronic gates are needed. City can't keep on treating City fans and paying customers like they did yesterday. If the club have to do these security checks because of legislation or because the Government and the PL say so, fair enough, but the club has to think of ways of reducing queuing and waiting times. One way to do that is to look at current entrances and turnstiles, and to see if both can be improved for next season. I won't hold my breath.

Can the official supporter club, city matters or the 1894 group not highlight this to the club or tell the media about it? Seems like we have no one to stand up for us on this.

we need to almost shame the club and the council for how bad this getting. Transport and entry into the ground is horrendous.

let’s get this in the papers.
What you are asking is pretty much the same as what I have been asking other blues for the past month or so, as for the OSC who in my opinion should be demanding answers and change regarding all these problems on behalf of their fully paid up members but their silence is deafening.

What you are asking is pretty much the same as what I have been asking other blues for the past month or so, as for the OSC who in my opinion should be demanding answers and change regarding all these problems on behalf of their fully paid up members but their silence is deafening.
Aren’t we just relying on the OSC to read these posts though. It would be more effective if we wrote en masse to the club or the fan groups to highlight these areas. People on this thread saying ‘what do you expect?’ but if you go to away games regularly to any of the modern stadiums, they seem to have it right. Even Wembley doesnt have the same problems with queues as we are having. Club will say arrive earlier, but there were long queues outside SS yesterday even at 2.30. Perhaps we should arrive the night before?

Agree with above that entrances are shite but before the Brugge game me and my lad went to Gent on the Sunday night.

There were loads of bars at the back of the stand serving reasonably priced beer that didnt taste like the shit we get, almost certainly approaching its due date. TVs showing a game too.

After the game (9pm kick off on a Sunday) the bars were packed again.

Its not rocket science.

I gave up trying to getting into M1 at 3-20pm and went to Mary Ds. I went back for the second half and got in.

There are things the club could do to get people in early, simple things like make a pie and a pint half price before 2-30pm.

If technophobes like me want a paper ticket/old style SC then it should be allowed. If a queue of 500 people takes 30 seconds each to find the ticket on the phone ( Remember in this day and age phone theft is rife and losing your phone can mean losing lots more than just being able to ring someone, people will be reluctant to walk around with their phone in hand) that queue is 4 hours long. If it takes 10 seconds its still over 1 hour. Factor in being searched, wanded, etc and you can see why it is a mess.

Fan culture as well, as long as I have been going we always got in 5 minutes before KO, Maine Road had lots of pubs in walking distance, the Etihad doesnt, so days like yesterday when trams were poor because of shortages of them then fans are stuck in town and will arrive later, plus have we have seen posted the motorways were fucked as well.

At 3-20pm yesterday i was on the verge of quitting going, by 3-45pm i was missing City, by 4pm i was in the ground. Yes its shit at the moment, the club have got lots of things wrong and it is easy to blame the fans for it, what we need to do is find a way around it.

Not having a pop, just a question, what time did you start or join the queue ?

ive said this before and got stick, but I don’t think the official supporters club do a good job of standing up for our fans. They are often silent or release a generic statement on the major issues for our fans.

Unless I’ve missed it they’ve said nothing on this issue.

other supporter clubs or groups, such as the spirit of shankly do a great job of sticking up for fans. We currently have nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.