Queues

There is a reason they want you there early so they can carry out the relevant searches and ensure you get in before kick off. The country is on alert to threats and Football stadiums can be perceived as a major target. I'd rather they search us properly than some loons getting in and causing harm.

It is difficult for some of us on Evenings, but people were still in the boozers with 15mins to go before kick off.

I think we need to get used to it and potentially alter our behaviours.

I think you'll find changing our behavour and being in fear of our normal routine is part if a terrorists plan, also these measures ain't common practise at other grounds.

For me it's partly a hightened sense of security and also in the clubs eyes a benefit to have us inside as early as possible spending our money in their bars/food outletsand in the council and polices eyes of benefit to have us in early rather than in the local pubs.

There is a reason they want you there early so they can carry out the relevant searches and ensure you get in before kick off. The country is on alert to threats and Football stadiums can be perceived as a major target. I'd rather they search us properly than some loons getting in and causing harm.

It is difficult for some of us on Evenings, but people were still in the boozers with 15mins to go before kick off.

The huge queues are UNSAFE! god forbid someone actually has a bomb and is outside the south stand, It would probably take out more than if it got in the ground. The whole process is a nonsense unless they have enough staff doing the searching and getting everyone in the ground quickly.

Surely it can't be just a ploy to get us all in the ground early so we spend our meagre earnings on their crap refreshments? My goodness...

If other clubs aren't doing this then neither should we.

Exactly the case, the only way to do a proper search is an airport type check otherwise its a farce. For example they allow flasks which are not checked for contents
Bloody good job ours used to be full of Bailey's coffee, used to stink the family stand out :+)

My mate's been going since 1953, he's 73 now and has been to well over a thousand games. Last night was the FIRST time he has ever missed a kick off in all that time! It was a collection of the Didsbury Blues bus being late and the ridiculous queues outside the ground. He's gutted his record's been broken

This will be why we see similar long queues at away games. Or perhaps not.

I went towards the steward last night, there was a woman walked alongside of me carrying a large silver metal flask, being a gentleman I simply said 'after you'. I meant she could go first to be searched (the flask at least) She walked straight past the steward without a second glance. He never batted an eyelid.
OK men should not frisk women but when they are holding a large metal flask/pipe bomb you would think she would be spoken to. The whole thing is a charade and pointless. I dont care if people say our owners make us a target or look what happened in Paris, the simple fact is the stewards are going through the motions and it causing unneccasary delays for normal decent hard working fans.

City please stop this bad joke.

I went towards the steward last night, there was a woman walked alongside of me carrying a large silver metal flask, being a gentleman I simply said 'after you'. I meant she could go first to be searched (the flask at least) She walked straight past the steward without a second glance. He never batted an eyelid.
OK men should not frisk women but when they are holding a large metal flask/pipe bomb you would think she would be spoken to. The whole thing is a charade and pointless. I dont care if people say our owners make us a target or look what happened in Paris, the simple fact is the stewards are going through the motions and it causing unneccasary delays for normal decent hard working fans.

This post is spot on. Not only are they going through the motions they are actually
putting us at risk in these queues by making us targets.

Surely it can't be just a ploy to get us all in the ground early so we spend our meagre earnings on their crap refreshments? My goodness...

If other clubs aren't doing this then neither should we.

That's plainly stupid, if there is a credible threat the club owe it to us to take action to minimise the problem.

Iv been saying this since they started all this earlier in the season,its a joke,,,,every single game ,my 9 year old goes in front of me into the south stand entrance N1,with his bag of crisps Fanta,my pie etc,and not 1 time has he been searched or had his bag looked into etc,but Iv been stopped and frisked/scanned about 7-8 times this season..something is going on ,but it doesn't add up...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.