Queues

Arrived 410pm to queue at M1 for SS3. Queue seemed longer than normal but moved much quicker than other weeks, They had 5 "wand bearers" ushering you to the 2 turnstiles rather than the normal 2. This speeded things up a lot. Searches are a sad fact of life but City do appear to have listened and done something about it.

What city did at B2 was remove tables so that only one queue (of the 4) had a table (had had 2 or 3 usually), but when you go to the steward he then told my mum she had to go to the other queue to have her bag searched - he wouldn't do it on his queue as there was no table. Cue tutting and sighing by my mum, queueing up again, to then tell the poor bloke there we'd been made to move to this queue as it had a table - which he couldn't understand as he didn't even use the table!

If it's designed to get fans in a mood before they even enter, it's working ;)

What city did at B2 was remove tables so that only one queue (of the 4) had a table (had had 2 or 3 usually), but when you go to the steward he then told my mum she had to go to the other queue to have her bag searched - he wouldn't do it on his queue as there was no table. Cue tutting and sighing by my mum, queueing up again, to then tell the poor bloke there we'd been made to move to this queue as it had a table - which he couldn't understand as he didn't even use the table!

If it's designed to get fans in a mood before they even enter, it's working ;)

Weird that we've suddenly entered into this superficial 'security' culture. Clearly theses aren't serious searches. The only point of it that i can see is to make it seem normal to be searched and observed. I don't like it.

Come derby day, if the two sets of fans are up for it and it's all kicking off outside the ground then every effort will be made to get everyone inside and quickly where at least they can be relatively safe, segregated and strictly monitored. Security concerns will ditched if this scenario should arise.

When did that last happen?!

In all seriousness though, some pressure needs to be applied on the club from supporter groups to either abandon this or put more staff on. People are missing kick offs for no reason - like many have said, a security check is pointless if it's just for show. Imagine if at the airport they let people bypass the scanners when the queues get busy.

Although the atmosphere at our games in the last few years is very like a departure lounge...

When did that last happen?!

In all seriousness though, some pressure needs to be applied on the club from supporter groups to either abandon this or put more staff on. People are missing kick offs for no reason - like many have said, a security check is pointless if it's just for show. Imagine if at the airport they let people bypass the scanners when the queues get busy.

Although the atmosphere at our games in the last few years is very like a departure lounge...

Putting more staff on is the key for me. M2 has 4 turnstiles, but only 2 staff searching. This results in only 2 or the 4 turnstiles turning at anyone time with periods of no turning due to searching. So inevitably the queue quickly builds up. Quite simple for me city...u need a searcher for every turnstile if this farce is going to continue. And....if the bloody wand thing bleeps, surely you need to see what its bleeping at not merely say - 'is that your phone mate? ok then, move on!!!!!!!'. Total, total, total waste of everybody's time the way this is being conducted.

Could you imagine this sort of check at Manchester airport.
If you're doing security checks,do it properly.

Yep.
I made a similar point about two weeks ago.
The Airport Staff are fully trained, we all know why they're there, and if you give them any type of abuse, you'll be prosecuted.
At City, the whole thing is half-hearted, and it creates tension.
In contrast, I attended the Koln-Leverkusen derby, just two days after the Berlin atrocity, with the perpetrator on the run, and the whole country on full terrorist alert. Every supporter was frisked properly, (once they'd gone through the turnstile) and it was still twice as quick as the ETIHAD.

Weird that we've suddenly entered into this superficial 'security' culture. Clearly theses aren't serious searches. The only point of it that i can see is to make it seem normal to be searched and observed. I don't like it.
what are the queues like at your place?

Anyone think hold up's are deliberate ploy to get people in early so the purchase food and drink inside.

What are these"wands" supposed to detect.

After running the wand over me the guy asked me if I had anything metallic in my pockets. I showed him my car keys which satisfied him. I was going to show him the other metallic objects I had on me but he didnt seem interested.

I would ban anyway who doesn't have a medical issue from taking a bag into the stadium.

I have been going to football matches for decades and have never needed to take a bag into the stadium.

People go to European aways and don't feel the need to take a bag.

There has been a rise of child-like cranks who can't go anywhere without their rucksack as either a safety blanket or can't go anywhere without a bag containing their device. They should grow up. If you can't get to a match and back without needing a list of things that you need to take with you for comfort or entertainment then, unless it is medical, you need to take a look at yourself. If you are a tourist, leave your stuff at the hotel/train station/wherever. If you are a woman, leave your bag at home. You are a human being like everyone else and don't need anything for 90 minutes at a football match other than your ticket and purse/wallet. If you are taking something to a match that can't fit in a pocket, why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.