Queues

I would ban anyway who doesn't have a medical issue from taking a bag into the stadium.

I have been going to football matches for decades and have never needed to take a bag into the stadium.

People go to European aways and don't feel the need to take a bag.

There has been a rise of child-like cranks who can't go anywhere without their rucksack as either a safety blanket or can't go anywhere without a bag containing their device. They should grow up. If you can't get to a match and back without needing a list of things that you need to take with you for comfort or entertainment then, unless it is medical, you need to take a look at yourself. If you are a tourist, leave your stuff at the hotel/train station/wherever. If you are a woman, leave your bag at home. You are a human being like everyone else and don't need anything for 90 minutes at a football match other than your ticket and purse/wallet. If you are taking something to a match that can't fit in a pocket, why?

And there speaks a man, a man who clearly never has to do a 30 minute walk to get to the bus staion, a 50 minute bus ride, then a bus or a 25 min walk to the stadium, then do teh same in reverse. Out of the house about 6 hours in total. You're meant to just take all you need for that length of time in your pocket? Yeah, i guess if you were just going to go on the piss all you need is your wallet and keys. But most people actually need a bottle of water/soft drink, a biscuit or sarnie, tablets, inhaler, phone, a womans purse is not some slim man wallet.. not forgetting many older women wouldn't actually do the whole 6 hour round trip in city woolly hat and city scarf - maybe you take it with you and put on there.. you will jest you will moan you will quote my post and pick at it, but the good news is you don't make citys rules (albeit their current seraches are crap rules but still!).

And there speaks a man, a man who clearly never has to do a 30 minute walk to get to the bus staion, a 50 minute bus ride, then a bus or a 25 min walk to the stadium, then do teh same in reverse. Out of the house about 6 hours in total. You're meant to just take all you need for that length of time in your pocket? Yeah, i guess if you were just going to go on the piss all you need is your wallet and keys. But most people actually need a bottle of water/soft drink, a biscuit or sarnie, tablets, inhaler, phone, a womans purse is not some slim man wallet.. not forgetting many older women wouldn't actually do the whole 6 hour round trip in city woolly hat and city scarf - maybe you take it with you and put on there.. you will jest you will moan you will quote my post and pick at it, but the good news is you don't make citys rules (albeit their current seraches are crap rules but still!).

Most people need to take food and drink and a change of clothes with them whenever they leave the house? I don't think so. It is a football match, not a camping expedition or a trip over the Himalayas. If that were the case we'd all leave home with a suitcase every day of the week. The journey you describe seems to consist of 80 minutes at best between leaving the house and being in central Manchester with all the shelter and food/drink options you could wish for within seconds reach. 105 minutes to the stadium if you, for some reason, get off the bus in the middle of nowhere.

Tablets and inhaler are obviously medical, which I sympathise with.

Change of clothes? I said maybe my pensioner mum doesn't feel happy to sit in her full city woolies for the journey. If you wish to twist my words into a trip to the Himalayas fine. A suitcase? Hmm. Did i say that? You're acting like a woman shouldn't even need a handbag, never mind a carrier bag. Buy food and rink in manc? I though you said we were here for a football match not dining out eh..?! So what's wrong with bringing your own for the journey. Would you rather she fainted through lack of water? I'll tell her that, cheers!

Then again, you hate people who bring a bag, i hate people (well ok, hate too strong a word, but i do get fed up of it) who seem to nly come to get drunk and cant go 45 minutes without needing a pint or a ciggie. Ban them i say ;)

105 minutes to the stadium if you, for some reason, get off the bus in the middle of nowhere.

Huh? Where did i say get off the bus middle of nowehere? Walk to the bus station in town, bus to manc. Either get a bus from teh gardens to teh ground, or walk - which for her takes at least half an hour. So that's 2 hours to get there if traffic bad too. Now the return journey - you manage to get a bus back to manc from the stadium do you? Cos we walk, so 45 min by then cos she's knacjered, then wait for the bus, then 50 min bus minimum, then 25 min walk home. Now i guess i should tell her to bring her purse (but can she fit it in her pocket) cos jma says she needs to buy a sarnie and a bottle of water as she can't bring it with her as she should do without, break that bank! I reckon people who drink at football should do without. Blah blah. /end of. Other things to moan/worry about today actually. Byebye.

Most people need to take food and drink and a change of clothes with them whenever they leave the house? I don't think so. It is a football match, not a camping expedition or a trip over the Himalayas. If that were the case we'd all leave home with a suitcase every day of the week. The journey you describe seems to consist of 80 minutes at best between leaving the house and being in central Manchester with all the shelter and food/drink options you could wish for within seconds reach. 105 minutes to the stadium if you, for some reason, get off the bus in the middle of nowhere.

Tablets and inhaler are obviously medical, which I sympathise with.

that would probably be a camping trip also

Ridiculously long again at B1 and B2 for the derby. 30 minutes to get in and we arrived at 7.15!

It seems no one cares now and we are just accepting it as part of the match day experience?

People won't be as happy stood in the rain for half an hour in the depths of winter?

Ridiculously long again at B1 and B2 for the derby. 30 minutes to get in and we arrived at 7.15!

It seems no one cares now and we are just accepting it as part of the match day experience?

People won't be as happy stood in the rain for half an hour in the depths of winter?
Instead of having a go at the Club why not have a go at the piss heads who don`t come out of Mary D`s until 30 minutes before kick off. ;)

I would ban anyway who doesn't have a medical issue from taking a bag into the stadium.

I have been going to football matches for decades and have never needed to take a bag into the stadium.

People go to European aways and don't feel the need to take a bag.

There has been a rise of child-like cranks who can't go anywhere without their rucksack as either a safety blanket or can't go anywhere without a bag containing their device. They should grow up. If you can't get to a match and back without needing a list of things that you need to take with you for comfort or entertainment then, unless it is medical, you need to take a look at yourself. If you are a tourist, leave your stuff at the hotel/train station/wherever. If you are a woman, leave your bag at home. You are a human being like everyone else and don't need anything for 90 minutes at a football match other than your ticket and purse/wallet. If you are taking something to a match that can't fit in a pocket, why?
So I left at 2pm yesterday for the game and got back at 8pm tonight. Didn't drop my bag off at the hotel before the game (no time). What should I do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.