Queues

Why should the taxpayer fund your travel to and from the game? It’s right that there is a charge and it isn’t free.
The German clubs subsidise their fans’ travel costs for games.

They also subsidise their fans’ match tickets when they come over to England in European games and they’re charged daft £50-60 prices by our clubs.

Reactions: Pam
I really like walking to the game though I realise not everyone can do this. Used to walk down to Maine Rd in about 25 mins from Longsight and about 45 mins to the Etihad. Now it takes about 30 mins from Victoria assuming I don't stop for a few on the way. Not sure why so many still drive or suffer public transport. I hate driving to the game and only do it for mid week matches when the trains are not an option. Walking is what we all did in the past and no reason why it can't be the future.

They stopped a couple of people yesterday because of the size of their bags in that ‘kettling’ thing at top of the stairs from the tram! It is strange though because why would they need the barriers?
But it’s a very weird system altogether this season.
Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die… ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’ Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Mmm so you can take large bags onto crowded trams

In Germany you’d have an endless supply of free trams and buses in and out of the city centre to the stadium. There’d be no other traffic allowed; buses and trams would run from all four points of the compass across the city. We have a system currently where 4 cones are erected to allow one car per hour prevent a whole flow of buses and trams getting into the city centre. The big wigs at City and the council don’t give a fuck; they don’t use the bus or tram. I’d frogmarch them onto the bus or tram after a game and see how they got on. It’s fucking shite. And it doesn’t have to be.
The buses from MG station to BMG's ground mix with normal traffic. I think it was the same back to Gelsenkirchen station after Schalke.

Much better at M1 today. They have changed the layout of the queueing lanes and the stewards seemed more on the ball. Much better experience.

Appalling at every SS entrance today. The scanners seem to have given up and no sign of the promised six new turnstiles being built.

My message to Danny Wilson - resign, you useless ****.

I really like walking to the game though I realise not everyone can do this. Used to walk down to Maine Rd in about 25 mins from Longsight and about 45 mins to the Etihad. Now it takes about 30 mins from Victoria assuming I don't stop for a few on the way. Not sure why so many still drive or suffer public transport. I hate driving to the game and only do it for mid week matches when the trains are not an option. Walking is what we all did in the past and no reason why it can't be the future.
30 minutes from Victoria wow you mustn't half be motoring, reckon it takes 40-45 minutes from east stand after final whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.