Quick questions

This is posted on another thread

Someone on Mancityfans.net got to meet Cook in a pub in Baltimore with (photographic evidence). Had a bit of a chat about transfers, but hasn't posted what was said other than
Quote:
And one thing he did say that I should share is that we did all three of our initial transfers boateng silva and yaya before the WC. Basically he said every prem club went on holiday and his team nailed all three players and that Chelsea and the filth tried to get in on silva but the deal was done and dusted.

Ajay said:
YCNMIU said:
Boateng signed before WC
Yaya signed during WC
Silva signed during WC
Kolarov signed after WC

Other players signed so far, none.

Evidence, and I mean ANY evidence - that Cook said anywhere that 3 players were signed before the WC - zero (if you can provide some, other than just saying that other posters on other forums - who may or may not have the same IP address as you - said the same, that'd be 'peachy').

Who to believe, the OS, HSV, FC Barcelona, Valencia CF, SS Lazio OR Ajay.

It's a toughie.

-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 am --

Oh, and we're not talking 'negotiations for players' those might very well have started before the WC, but actual signings.

So now I have several accounts on different forums using my IP address - now thats a conspiracy!

I said four players signed before the WC and not announced - that is what I said and that is it!

Y'see Ajay, this is the problem with 'prematurity'.

Although the old Barca board may have agreed the deal verbally with City before the WC, it was not signed as it had to be rubber stamped by Pep, Sandro Rossell and the players agent (and, indeed, a medical).

Although we may have agreed something with Kolarov, it was not signed as we hadnt agreed - formally - a deal with Lazio. He didnt even get his work permit approved until 2 weeks ago.

Although Silva may have agreed in principle, it was not signed because we had not obtained a written agreement with Valencia and the player had not taken a medical.

Don't know what business you are in, but I negotiate contracts (for sums that are roughly equivalent to our spending over the past two seasons) which have the propensity to be able to fuck up until you have the written evidence infront of you from all parties.

Therefore, a verbal agreement does not mean 'signed'. 'Signed' is when the contracts have been agreed and signed between all parties (clubs, player, agent, work permits obtained etc.).

This was clearly not the case, mate.

YCNMIU said:
Ajay said:
So now I have several accounts on different forums using my IP address - now thats a conspiracy!

I said four players signed before the WC and not announced - that is what I said and that is it!

Although the old Barca board may have agreed the deal verbally with City before the WC, it was not signed as it had to be rubber stamped by Pep, Sandro Rossell and the players agent (and, indeed, a medical).

Although we may have agreed something with Kolarov, it was not signed as we hadnt agreed - formally - a deal with Lazio. He didnt even get his work permit approved until 2 weeks ago.

Although Silva may have agreed in principle, it was not signed because we had not obtained a written agreement with Valencia and the player had not taken a medical.

Don't know what business you are in, but I negotiate contracts (for sums that are roughly equivalent to our spending over the past two seasons) which have the propensity to be able to fuck up until you have the written evidence infront of you from all parties.

Therefore, a verbal agreement does not mean 'signed'. 'Signed' is when the contracts have been agreed and signed between all parties (clubs, player, agent, work permits obtained etc.).

Excellent post...

Ajay said:
It has already appeared in other forums that Cook admitted that at least 3 players had been signed before the world cup!

At least 3 - hence I stand by my four...

To be fair mate, you did say that you excluded Boateng as that was a publicly known done deal... so you said four apart from that one.

At least try to remember what you said... we have the evidence!

;)

The Fixer said:

Someone on Mancityfans.net got to meet Cook in a pub in Baltimore with (photographic evidence). Had a bit of a chat about transfers, but hasn't posted what was said other than
Quote:
And one thing he did say that I should share is that we did all three of our initial transfers boateng silva and yaya before the WC. Basically he said every prem club went on holiday and his team nailed all three players and that Chelsea and the filth tried to get in on silva but the deal was done and dusted.

So if I posted a photo with Garry Cook, then i could say that he told me that he was really an alien from the planet zorg with a liking for womens shoes, and I could expect everyone to believe me.

And I still believe Cook, Lazio, HSV, Valencia & Barcelona more than some bloke on MancCity fans.net.

And why hasnt Cook come out and said any of this stuff publicly now that we've actually signed the players ? Odd.

BillyShears said:
YCNMIU said:

Excellent post...

Agreed.

I have no problems with Ajay whatsoever, or at least i didnt used to but his position of late of basically posting 'i know something you dont' without giving even a snippet of a clue is very fast becoming untenable for him.

I dont doubt for a minute he gets info but unless you are prepared to answer a few questions about whatever you decide to post, your better off not bothering at all.

I dont like the abuse he gets, its totally uncalled for but like i said, his current stance is just ridiculous.

He had the chance to pm Ric and allow himself to be vindicated at the end of all this but chose not too?

Of course he will say he doesnt need any vindication but if he is going to post 'ITK' then questions will be asked.

The Fixer said:

Quote:

Just out of interest, but who was the poster that claimed that on Mancity fans.net?

Cheers

YCNMIU said:
The Fixer said:

Quote:

So if I posted a photo with Garry Cook, then i could say that he told me that he was really an alien from the planet zorg with a liking for womens shoes, and I could expect everyone to believe me.

And I still believe Cook, Lazio, HSV, Valencia & Barcelona more than some bloke on MancCity fans.net.

And why hasnt Cook come out and said any of this stuff publicly now that we've actually signed the players ? Odd.

I also post on mancityfans - I can say with certainty that the chap that posted the comments from GC is a totally straight forward guy and in no way would he possibly embellish / make up things etc. He has even refused to say other things that GC mentioned because he feels it inappropriate - he is defo no WUM

I am not commenting on anything else here - just clearing that up<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 am --<br /><br />
YCNMIU said:
The Fixer said:

Quote:

One of our yank followers - regular poster and very highly regarded - went to the NY games and then down to Baltimore where the meeting with GC and Buzzer took place - they were socializing with fans in a bar

mcfc1632 said:
YCNMIU said:

I also post on mancityfans - I can say with certainty that the chap that posted the comments from GC is a totally straight forward guy and in no way would he possibly embellish / make up things etc. He has even refused to say other things that GC mentioned because he feels it inappropriate - he is defo no WUM

I am not commenting on anything else here - just clearing that up

Four things that are clear :

- Silva & Touré did not sign until After their WC's due to medicals.

- The negotiations with Barcelona, did not conclude until Rossell was in place.

- Boateng was not one of the Ajay mentioned signings.

- Kolarov did not have his work permit until 2 weeks ago.

This means that either Lazio, Valencia, Barcelona were putting on a show just to spite Ajay, possible but unlikely, or Ajay is - at best - premature with his claims.

There is 'agreed' and then there is 'signed'. Two completely different things. We agreed a deal for MacDonald Mariga, we did not - however - sign him. Same for Mido, and nearly (more is the pity) for Benjani.

City did not

Think that we could be getting into semantics here.

I also mange the securing of major contracts - much higher than the CITY purchase and I agree that a contract is not 'done' until it is signed - the 'end game' of negotiations is often like high stakes poker - that is why I smile when I read the impatience of fans here just wanting to 'get the deal done!!!' - that is way to be continuously dry bummed

I hope our team are professional and are not being bent over - we need to get the deals done but not be seen to always cave in

Re the GC comments - I think the words were that '...the deals were done before the WC...' when reading it originally from the guy that posted on mancityfans my reading was that this would be a 'deals done in principle' position - putting CITY in the driving seat.

So yes there was room for things to go wrong when closing the deals - and we saw things dragged out to closure - typical hard negotiations - but big well done to GC and his team for stealing a march - we are now seen as major players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.