R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Luke The Blue

Last days of Maine Road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-xVVo7b8s brings back so many memories. I get a lump in my throat when I watch that. :(

Well I loved Maine Road and really miss it.

When i watch that video I feel really passionate about city and moments at Maine Road so firstly, my best moment at Maine Road... When I was mascot and ran on the pitch with Stuart Pearce wow running out of the tunnel to the atmosphere of Maine Road was amazing and I really wish I could rewind time.

Watching Shaun Goater score goals for fun and saving us in division 2. Im only 17 so I sadly never got to watch,
Colin Bell, Rodney Marsh and many more.

(Fatboy Slim) Right Here Right Now the song before the match would start :)

Watching Shaun Wright Phillips take everyone on then score from the edge of the box, top corner.

The day we Cryed our hearts out when we lost Marc Vivien Foe. R.I.P Marc :'(

Walking through them bars, Making my way up them stairs and the pitch coming into view WOW. My first game I was speechless my dad told me.

Moonchester as he walked around the ground and I would wait to give him a big hug :)

Maine Road from the outside I would look at it and get shivers down my spine.

The women who would ring the bell.

I could keep going on about the Ground I loved so much but I have so many memories. I think im going to go bed and watch Jimmy Grimble. :)

manchester-main-rd-stadium.jpg

BUT WHAT WAS YOUR MEMORIES OF MAINE ROAD?

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

Pay at the gate.

Walking through Kippax tunnel and pitch coming into view.

Sitting in Platt Lane when posh girlfriend came too.

1981 Cup QF replay vs Everton - best atmosphere

I remember seeing City against Stoke around Christmas time 98 in Division 2. One nil down at half time, and we beat them 2-1. Good times!

I also remember seeing Hughes score for Chelsea to beat us 1-0 in 95 I think it was.

Going with me dad (RIP) and throwing the ball to Tammoy Caton (RIP) on main stand touchline before kick-off, and him doing 2 headers with me back and fro.
1981. 9 years old

RIP Maine Road. The best memories.

CTID.

Sitting on the outside of the gate at the corner of the kippax and northstand as a kid. You'd get thrown out for doing that these days.

My dad sitting me on the back wall of the old Kippax at the corner between the north stand (where they put the Gene Kelly afterwards) and a shear drop behind it. Scared me half to death but i love going to the games (i was about 7 or 8).

Then over a period of time moving to the dividing wall and then down to the pitchside wall. It was like a rite of passage as you eventually end up in the "choir" section next to the away fans (in the old kippax) - always remember standing in that section when we beat the rags 5-1 and going barmy - I was 19 at that point - bloody great days.

i feel i missed out some how as i NEVER stood or sat in the kippax stand! i sat in every other stand at maine road but nva that one!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.