R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Loads that have been mentioned already but gotta be first game I was 'allowed' to go with my mates on my own, Paul Power testimonial 96 against Everton, shitting myself before hand! Getting off the bus from Picc walking up to the Kippax past the Maine Stand (when it was still brick fronted before they put that bleeding awful cladding on it and it had the tile half circle name plate above the main doors) Police horses and M.E.N Pink Final van outside North Stand, through the turnstiles at Kippax for a fiver, toilets that if I remember right didn't have a bloody roof over the urinals bit (?!), up the stairs, the raised platforms the cops used to stand on at the back, being warned not to let a gap open up in the crowd infront of me if there was a surge, well and truly pre-Bluemoon so singin 'You Are My City', Kippax Choir, Crazy Corner, coins on derby day (going 2-0 up against the rags and singing Galatasary songs at them only for them to win 3-2), Quinny in goal, 'Oooh Vonky Vonky!', We got that Terry Phelan and he's fast, fast ,fast...woooahh', Dennis Wise applauding us and grinning his head off when we were singing Chelsea, Chelsea win the cup before they played manure in the FA Cup final, 10-1, 5-1, pitch invasion against Spuds, wondering who the f@ck Brian Horton was after the stadium announcement and actually being annoyed cos I was hoping for Gerry Francis,giving abuse to the away fan exiting the stairs from the Kippax at the end of the game, crushed and steamed up bus back to the centre and then the 233 mayne's bus back home afterwards, dejected or elated!
Even just the stupidest things like as a kid and stretching my neck to get a glimpse of the floodlights in the back of the car after visiting my gran in Chorlton and thinking that if I didn't spot them City would lose the next match!!!
Maine Road had soul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.