R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

Re: R.I.P Maine Road :( Moments

im 13 so not many memorys. one is very game we used to go to a house of my mates hisgradma, and there would be a cup oftea, pork pie and corned beef butty waiting. another is when maine road was shutting wewent down to taksome pics, then a security guard came out wi div 2trophy to have my picture taken with! priceless

As previously mentioned - the rite of passage to 'Crazy Corner' in the Kippax.

However looking at that photo, the thing I miss most is the walk through all the terraced house roads and down the ginnels to get to the ground. The hairs used to stand on the back of my neck and the heart pumped that little bit faster with every corner turned, bringing the stadium into view. A glimpse of a flood light, a white arch from the main stand, then a whole stand. All the while the crowds getting busier and the noise and atmosphere rising. You don't really get that with COMS. It's impressive and all that but it's like it's plonked in the middle of nowhere. There was more of a sense of 'going home' at Maine Road.

geek said:
i feel i missed out some how as i NEVER stood or sat in the kippax stand! i sat in every other stand at maine road but nva that one!

Same! :(
I didn't get to Maine Road too much as was pretty young but one of the best memories had to be seeing SWP for the first time.. he had so much energy for a young little guy. I have only felt like that watching a young city player with Weiss since then, he is going to be QUALITY.
Also at my first game, a replay of a postponed Worthington Cup match against Ipswich in 2001, Kevin Horlock getting booted in the head and needing bandages like Paul Ince had for England, and Goater scoring a mint volleyed goal right at the start, but then we were knocked out in extra time..
Fell in love with City & Maine Road that day though! :)

megamouth21 said:
geek said:
i feel i missed out some how as i NEVER stood or sat in the kippax stand! i sat in every other stand at maine road but nva that one!

Same! :(
I didn't get to Maine Road too much as was pretty young but one of the best memories had to be seeing SWP for the first time.. he had so much energy for a young little guy. I have only felt like that watching a young city player with Weiss since then, he is going to be QUALITY.
Also at my first game, a replay of a postponed Worthington Cup match against Ipswich in 2001, Kevin Horlock getting booted in the head and needing bandages like Paul Ince had for England, and Goater scoring a mint volleyed goal right at the start, but then we were knocked out in extra time..
Fell in love with City & Maine Road that day though! :)

Wow Kevin Horlock I forgot about him.

I remember my Dad taking me to his last game. Against Portsmouth when we got promoted to the Premier League.. AND PEARCE SKYED HIS LAST CHANCE OF SCORING!

I miss the ground, but there's something brilliant starting now, so can't look back :D

My biggest memory was being ballboy V Plymouth in the old division two Neil McNab scored one pen and missed another think Wayne Biggins scored the other. what sticks in my mind was it was the night Bruno fought Tyson for the first time both the Kippax and the away end cheering BRUNO BRUNO together. Another classic was the 5-1. Don't think I have ever heard such a noise when Hinchcliffe buried THAT header!! I had to walk home with my mate (a rag) people didn't have to ask the score him face to the floor me 10 foot off the ground!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.