R.I.P Maine Road :( (Moments)

pshycos famous penalty miss in the platt lane
but gary neville fed the goat in the 3 1, my first derby, sat in the platt lane was amazing

the coms will never replace maine road

gary111 said:
but gary neville fed the goat in the 3 1, my first derby, sat in the platt lane was amazing

But it's gone now, it's an empty piece of land COMS is what we have got, I know that Maine Road had lots of memories attached to it, but we have moved on, COMS is not a bad stadium in fact many opposition fans I know really rate it, as do I, I just wish we would make some more noise

Getting to go in the hospitality bit for Ali Benarbia's debut against Birmingham when we won 3-0, he had just got off the plane and ran the show, an absolute genius! Him and Berkovic together were simply immense!

Met him and his mrs afterwards, the lad had done well for himself!

Ducado said:
gary111 said:

But it's gone now, it's an empty piece of land COMS is what we have got, I know that Maine Road had lots of memories attached to it, but we have moved on, COMS is not a bad stadium in fact many opposition fans I know really rate it, as do I, I just wish we would make some more noise

Yup dont get me wrong I havn't got anything against COMS mate I think its amazing, just miss Maine Road. Being Mascot was definatly the best day of my life and if i could do it again i definatly would ;)

i think it was the platt lane stand when i was 6 in 92-93 FA cup quarter final against when city fans got on the pitch to try an get the game abandoned, some guy tried climbing over the green railings by standin on my head an my dad havin a go at him.

crizack said:
i think it was the platt lane stand when i was 6 in 92-93 FA cup quarter final against spurs when city fans got on the pitch to try an get the game abandoned, some guy tried climbing over the green railings by standin on my head an my dad havin a go at him.

i think it was the platt lane stand when i was 6 in 92-93 FA cup quarter final against spurs when city fans got on the pitch to try an get the game abandoned, some guy tried climbing over the green railings by standin on my head an my dad havin a go at him.

Late post I know, came across picture. Exactly what many of you have said, the feeling of going up them stairs...seeing the pitch there. I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it!!!

First time I ever went to watch City with my dad, also had his ashes spread there. Amazing place, many amazing and beautiful memories. Long live Maine Road in our hearts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.