R.I.P to the 23 lost in Munich

Terrible tragedy felt by the whole of Manchester at the time.

For the younger fans who may not appreciate the first line, City lost one of our own in the crash,possibly the best keeper we have ever had, Frank Swift

Alan Oakes Shinpads said:

For the younger fans who may not appreciate the first line, City lost one of our own in the crash,possibly the best keeper we have ever had, Frank Swift

Indeed, he was a reporter covering the match for The News of the World.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Alan Oakes Shinpads said:

Indeed, he was a reporter covering the match for The News of the World.

R.I.P. Frank and the other 22.

RIP the 23.

There's a personal element to it for me. Sadly, my aunt died this week and her late husband was a business partner of Willie Satinoff, a fan who was close to Busby and lost his life in the crash.

The interesting story about him is that Louis Edwards was trying to get on the board but an influential director called George Whittaker wouldn't entertain the notion of Edwards being on the board & was championing Satinoff. Whittaker died suddenly just before United's last match (at Arsenal) then Satinoff also died at Munich. Two days after the crash, with Whittaker and Satinoff now dead, Edwards was co-opted onto the board.

Prestwich_Blue said:
RIP the 23.

There's a personal element to it for me. Sadly, my aunt died this week and her late husband was a business partner of Willie Satinoff, a fan who was close to Busby and lost his life in the crash.

The interesting story about him is that Louis Edwards was trying to get on the board but an influential director called George Whittaker wouldn't entertain the notion of Edwards being on the board & was championing Satinoff. Whittaker died suddenly just before United's last match (at Arsenal) then Satinoff also died at Munich. Two days after the crash, with Whittaker and Satinoff now dead, Edwards was co-opted onto the board.
Was he related to Martin Edwards then?

Pigeonho said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
RIP the 23.

Was he related to Martin Edwards then?
Father and son.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.