R.I.P to the 23 lost in Munich

Rest in Peace and God bless to all of them.

Will it be sponsored by Mr Potato, the official crisp of Man Utd, this year or are they sticking with AIG?

BezzMCFC said:
Dont wana seem disrespectful but its been 55 years.. It seems a bit "hey look at us" now. Fed up of havinf it pushed in my face everywhere i look.

Bez... it is a bit disrespectful. A lot of younger blues would share your views and I understand that... but for those of us who were growing up in the immediate/recent aftermath of munich it may be a bit different?

levets said:
BezzMCFC said:
Dont wana seem disrespectful but its been 55 years.. It seems a bit "hey look at us" now. Fed up of havinf it pushed in my face everywhere i look.

Bez... it is a bit disrespectful. A lot of younger blues would share your views and I understand that... but for those of us who were growing up in the immediate/recent aftermath of munich it may be a bit different?

I understand when it comes to u oldies.. It just bafles me why they just let the dead rest. Maybe im lking at the whole thing wrong or selfishly

BezzMCFC said:

Couldn't agree more. And it's this that irks supporters of other teams. However, like it or not 'Munich 58' is now a sub brand of MUFC.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Eccles Blue said:
RIP especially to Frank Swift a brilliant goal keeper and one of our own, and Duncan Edwards who would have gone on to be one of the greatest footballers of all time. (IMHO)

I watched them play their last match at OT and their first match back after the crash with Harry Gregg and Bill Foulkes, who had been on the plane, in the side.

BezzMCFC, yes it has been 55 years but for some of us, who were teenagers at the time, it still burns in our memory. I will always respect their memory. :-)

Great post.
Rest In Peace.
Indeed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.