Rabbi Matondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do love these people who think we should 'test out' our juniors in big matches - Yes every match is a big match as we chase a double PL champions. So who would you leave out? Let's say Raz. Some people have absolutely no idea.

Ah one of the old clichés.

Why not throw in 'you can't be starting kids every week' or 'if they were any good, the coaches would know by watching them in training' or 'if they were any good they would have made it playing for Dave Bassett at Barnestoneworth' or 'the senior pros would get upset' or the most clueless bullshitty one of all, 'they are too young, they will get their chance'.

City Youth Bingo.

Do love these people who think we should 'test out' our juniors in big matches - Yes every match is a big match as we chase a double PL champions. So who would you leave out? Let's say Raz. Some people have absolutely no idea.

Not a single person has suggested we ‘test out’ our juniors in a big match, so what the hell are you on about?

Its not simple who you going to drop from the bench? Established first teamers?
I'm not having this bench discussion again, you can look at my replies on my opinions about that. TLDR of it is that it's easy to do, nobody will be annoyed.

I'm not having this bench discussion again, you can look at my replies on my opinions about that. TLDR of it is that it's easy to do, nobody will be annoyed.
It isn't easy to do or Pep would do it or any other manager in the premier league.

How can you possibly say no one will be annoyed, in fact I would be annoyed if they weren't. I don't want our "squad" players sat in the stands to do one of the younger lads a favour. That is not good for performance levels.

It isn't easy to do or Pep would do it or any other manager in the premier league.

How can you possibly say no one will be annoyed, in fact I would be annoyed if they weren't. I don't want our "squad" players sat in the stands to do one of the younger lads a favour. That is not good for performance levels.
Many managers do. You are wrong, do you not realize we have senior players benched every game? our entire line-up is not 12 + 7 bench, somebody gets benched.

They won't care if they are not on the bench, you tell them they are getting rest because they will play the next game. Easy. Stop making up this bullshit thing that our senior players are whiny bitches, they are not, they are professionals.

Somebody tried to argue that they won't get paid if they are not on the bench, this is also bullshit, you get paid no matter what.

To that end, back to my point, you can put a lad on the bench and give them minutes. Its Easy. It really is, stop overthinking it.

its not really a surprise. they are all going to leave pretty much. if foden wasnt a city fan he'd probably of left swell. it does kind of make me question whats the point in the academy - or say going to youth games - knowing none of them(99%) will play for us or get a chance. there has to come a point where we give them a proper chance in our team and drop players from the first team. i.e. play sancho instead of buying mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.