Rabbi Matondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not really a surprise. they are all going to leave pretty much. if foden wasnt a city fan he'd probably of left swell. it does kind of make me question whats the point in the academy - or say going to youth games - knowing none of them(99%) will play for us or get a chance. there has to come a point where we give them a proper chance in our team and drop players from the first team. i.e. play sancho instead of buying mahrez

140m and Foden is the reason for an academy.

With Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, Jesus, etc all young or in their prime, it will be tough for wingers or attacking players to breakthrough in our squad especially with Bundesliga teams willing to offer the players more playing time. The academy is doing it's job by producing quality players but with no real competitive 2nd league, players will only stay at big clubs for so long. Making a profit on the players and reinvesting is the smart play. I believe the chairman has said that they won't jeopardize the integrity of the first team so loans/buybacks/sell-ons will continue to be the way we do business when it comes to youngsters.
Bundesliga clubs are starting to exploit this market deficiency for their benefit.

Or risking the chance of winning a trophy in a one off game?

People on here moaned like fuck when we lost to United playing youth players and didn’t let it drop all season

So sticking a couple of kids on the bench vs Rotherham would have been too much of a risk then?

With Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo, KDB, Jesus, etc all young or in their prime, it will be tough for wingers or attacking players to breakthrough in our squad especially with Bundesliga teams willing to offer the players more playing time. The academy is doing it's job by producing quality players but with no real competitive 2nd league, players will only stay at big clubs for so long. Making a profit on the players and reinvesting is the smart play. I believe the chairman has said that they won't jeopardize the integrity of the first team so loans/buybacks/sell-ons will continue to be the way we do business when it comes to youngsters.
Bundesliga clubs are starting to exploit this market deficiency for their benefit.
We (ie the Premier league) desperately need to allow B teams or else this will continue.

To a certain extent this is positive for grassroots football as it shows there is a long awaited change in coaching at junior levels and finallt we are seeing good, ball playing young footballers who can play at the highest level even in Europe and at an early age.

Makes you really excited about England next world Cup.

So sticking a couple of kids on the bench vs Rotherham would have been too much of a risk then?
We had Muric and Sandler on the bench v Rotherham with Foden starting (and finishing) the game. How many do you count as a couple?

We had Muric and Sandler on the bench v Rotherham with Foden starting (and finishing) the game. How many do you count as a couple?

Muric is on the bench every single week as he's the nominal back up keeper. He wasn't called up for this game as an academy lad involved for a change. Sandler isn't an academy prospect. He's a soon to be 22 year old signing from the Netherlands... i'd have liked Muric and 3 academy players, plus three first team players, on the bench.

Many managers do. You are wrong, do you not realize we have senior players benched every game? our entire line-up is not 12 + 7 bench, somebody gets benched.

They won't care if they are not on the bench, you tell them they are getting rest because they will play the next game. Easy. Stop making up this bullshit thing that our senior players are whiny bitches, they are not, they are professionals.

Somebody tried to argue that they won't get paid if they are not on the bench, this is also bullshit, you get paid no matter what.

To that end, back to my point, you can put a lad on the bench and give them minutes. Its Easy. It really is, stop overthinking it.
Exactly, our squad is that strong we have senior players on the bench and in the stands already. Now you want to take more off the bench to put youth players there.

How do you possibly know if they don't care or not, as I said, I would be concerned if they are not. If someone like Mahrez is going to sit back and say yeah boss ill sit in my box and Matondo can go on the bench then we have problems. "you tell them they are getting rest because they will play the next game. " Pep is not going to do that and why should he.

I certainly didn't say they won't get paid but they will be losing out on win bonuses, appearance fees and various other parts of their contract. So I am pretty sure they will be interested, also bear in mind their concerns of national team selection.

Yes, we do have a "lad" on the bench most weeks in Foden, we simply don't have room for anymore unless they are dead rubber cup games. Pep is here to create a winning machine, if the academy can produce someone he can use e.g. Brahim, Sancho and Foden then he will. Otherwise they will leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.