Rabbi Matondo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too simplistic to say that the Jadon Sancho deal is behind a rash of these deals i.e. German clubs trying to raid Premier League academy players?

Just because Sancho worked out for Dortmund, I don't see why it follows that moves for Hudson-Odoi, Matondo will be similarly successful. Perhaps other rivals clubs are just more aware of this potential route and likewise agents of these young players, and the players themselves are keen to set these deals up?

£35m for Hudson-odoi. Imagine if it was City who was completing that deal. Media would go mad. As it is this deal is presented as Chelsea not giving a youth team player a chance, whereas in fact he is playing first team football at a very young age.

Double-edged sword at City. Hard for young players to break through but what a learning curve they get from outstanding coaches and players.

Lost track of the inflows and outflows, but I think if this deal goes through City will have broadly broken-even in the transfer market this season. (www.transfermarkt.co.uk is difficult to use as they quote City, City2 and CityU-18 and the media forever get the data wrong because they don't interrogate all the databases)

Already in Schalke to finalise the deal. I think due to the source recording this, it is likely the deal is the 7m with 30m buyback, rather than the straight sale with no buyback.

Honestly, good value for somebody who never played for us; yes he has high potential but he wasn't quite Sancho level, and if we do have a buyback of 30m, then it would only be executed if he showed decent quality in the bundesliga. This would amount to a 23m development fee which is high, but if he ended being worth 50m+ then it would be worth it.

Is it too simplistic to say that the Jadon Sancho deal is behind a rash of these deals i.e. German clubs trying to raid Premier League academy players?

Just because Sancho worked out for Dortmund, I don't see why it follows that moves for Hudson-Odoi, Matondo will be similarly successful. Perhaps other rivals clubs are just more aware of this potential route and likewise agents of these young players, and the players themselves are keen to set these deals up?
I think that's spot on. It's like when Nirvana broke and then every grunge band within 300 miles of Seattle was signed up for a recording deal. Sancho's clearly done well so far, but his success is more the exception than the norm. Still, if it earns us a bunch of cash for players who would otherwise end up being sold for peanuts to some lower division English side (as seems to have happened a lot with other prospects in recent years), then that's fine by me.

Already in Schalke to finalise the deal. I think due to the source recording this, it is likely the deal is the 7m with 30m buyback, rather than the straight sale with no buyback.

Honestly, good value for somebody who never played for us; yes he has high potential but he wasn't quite Sancho level, and if we do have a buyback of 30m, then it would only be executed if he showed decent quality in the bundesliga. This would amount to a 23m development fee which is high, but if he ended being worth 50m+ then it would be worth it.

I think the quote from that source was 7 million euros with a £30 million buy back but all the other sources quoted £ 10 or 11 million buy, as for the player good luck to him, i think it is great that clubs are trying to buy our youth just like they do with Barca

The academy is certainly paying for itself, although there's one or two on that list were not academy products.

Rabbi Matondo: Schalke enquire about Manchester City's Wales winger

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47030685

Deals for academy/young players from Manchester City over past three seasons:

Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) £25.4m (20 City starts)

Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid) £21m (4 starts)

Angus Gunn (Southampton) £13.5m (0 starts)

Enes Unal (Villarreal) £12.7m (0 starts)

Jason Denayer (Lyon) £9.9m (0 starts)

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund) £9.1m (0 starts)

Pablo Maffeo (Stuttgart) £8.8m (3 starts)

Rony Lopes (Monaco) £8.8m (3 starts)

Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield) £8m (0 starts)

Karim Rekik (Marseille) £7.5m (1 start)

Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad) £5.8m (0 starts)

Angelino (PSV Eindhoven) £5.6m (1 start)

Olivier Ntcham (Celtic) £4.5m (0 starts)

Larry Kayode (Shakhtar Donetsk) £4.6m (0 starts)

Seko Fofana (Udinese) £4.2m (0 starts)

Bersant Celina (Swansea) £3.8m (1 start)

Total: £153.2 million

This is what the academy was set up for. The gold nuggets will hopefully become part of our team, but those who are just below that will go for ££££££s.
The so called experts and journos think it means our academy system is failing as the kids want to leave, but they couldn't be further from the truth. Kids will be queuing up to join because we are their ticket to a fine career. Great development = a good career elsewhere.
And like NorCalBlue said, they will think they are all stars now and will be scared of missing the next Sancho.

The academy is certainly paying for itself, although there's one or two on that list were not academy products.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47030685

Deals for academy/young players from Manchester City over past three seasons:

Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield) £8m (0 starts)
Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad) £5.8m (0 starts)
Only the BBC could include the above two in any list of "academy/young players" :(

And of course it's guaranteed to continue like that, when we leave the eu. As so many of those kids come from Beswick & were scouted by our academy.

And we can keep on spending 70 mil a time to fill the squad, we can see how good the market is, from the present window & all the players moving around.

No need to produce players for our team, at all.

Those silly Germans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.