Race for 4th: Man City v Spurs

Failsworth_Blue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
we'll be 4 points clear saturday (3 min), with 4 to play.
If we can nick a point at arse (nothing to fear), and as expected spuds lose it will be 5 (worse case scenario we lose and they grab a point then 3 going into spuds game, a point will see us right going into villa who i believe we'll twat.

city
v scum pts 3
v arse pts 1
v spuds pts 1
v villa pts 3
v whu pts 1

spuds
v chelsea pts 1
v scum pts 0
v bolt pts 3
v city pts 1
v burnley pts 3

jobs a good'n

I think we can to Arsenal and win aswell Zin. They aren't a team to sit back so will come at us and away from home thats where we're at our best because we can pick them off especially with the injuries they've got at the back and in the centre of midfield

Mate i'm being extremely conservative with those point totals, I reckon we'll win 4 of last 5.

[city
v scum pts 1
v arse pts 0
v spuds pts 1
v villa pts 3
v whu pts 1

spuds
v chelsea pts 0
v scum pts 0
v bolt pts 3
v city pts 1
v burnley pts 3

Down to goal difference.

Can't see City picking up anything at Arsenal. They will be fired up for that game, or their fans will. And RVP will play at least 60 mins. If Vermaelen is out we have a chance. Arsenal lost today thanks to a fluke goal and a ridiculous defending which isn't typical. They bossed the game at WHL. Not many do that. They are still a very good team

Wins against Villa, Spurs and West Ham would seal it. Even if we lost our next two, and they are all very winnable games. I honestly see us beating United on Saturday but i am crediting us with a Draw for now until the result is known, and as confident as Spurs might be (Although probably not if we beat United in the early kick-off) i just don't see them beating Chelsea. Where as i saw them winning tonight.

If they had beaten Sunderland and lost tonight, we would all be in happier moods, despite being in the same position.

I expected Spurs to win tonight so I'm not too concerned. What I do worry about is that I also expect them to get something against Chelsea and I fucking hate derby games and always think we'll lose them. I have a feeling this will be a terrible weekend.

masterwig said:
I expected Spurs to win tonight so I'm not too concerned. What I do worry about is that I also expect them to get something against Chelsea and I fucking hate derby games and always think we'll lose them. I have a feeling this will be a terrible weekend.

Worst case scenario this weekend is us being 2 points behind them. Then they play United away, which i don't see anything coming from that. Which means even if this weekend is shit, we probably still only have to beat them to clinch it, as i see Villa and West Ham victory's coming fairly comfortably.

There will be many twists and turns - little point in doing these predictions given the nature of the league this season and it's ability to surprise. The task for the lads is simple - win as many points in the final 5 games as Spurs do.

I fancy us though, I really do. With Spurs having to come to Eastlands we will have a get out of jail card.

Project said:
There will be many twists and turns - little point in doing these predictions given the nature of the league this season and it's ability to surprise. The task for the lads is simple - win as many points in the final 5 games as Spurs do.

I fancy us though, I really do. With Spurs having to come to Eastlands we will have a get out of jail card.

A win against United in the early kick-off will really knock Spurs confidence for the Chelsea game. A win this weekend would really be the big step for 4th imo, i honestly think a win against United and we could even afford a loss to Spurs, as i think we'd be 4 points ahead going into that game.

Blue Coop said:
Project said:

A win against United in the early kick-off will really knock Spurs confidence for the Chelsea game. A win this weekend would really be the big step for 4th imo, i honestly think a win against United and we could even afford a loss to Spurs, as i think we'd be 4 points ahead going into that game.

It's just horrible mate. Running the permutations through my head is driving me nuts. It's why i've said "fuck it", and just going to take one game at a time.

Project said:
Blue Coop said:

It's just horrible mate. Running the permutations through my head is driving me nuts. It's why i've said "fuck it", and just going to take one game at a time.

True, the truth is theres not much between the fixtures and both sides have proved over the course of the season that we can drop points in the most unexpected places and pick them up in the most unexpected too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.