Race for 4th: Man City v Spurs

cleavers said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
we'll be 4 points clear saturday (3 min), with 4 to play.
If we can nick a point at arse (nothing to fear), and as expected spuds lose it will be 5 (worse case scenario we lose and they grab a point then 3 going into spuds game, a point will see us right going into villa who i believe we'll twat.

city
v scum pts 3
v arse pts 1
v spuds pts 1
v villa pts 3
v whu pts 1

spuds
v chelsea pts 1
v scum pts 0
v bolt pts 3
v city pts 1
v burnley pts 3

jobs a good'n

Just to nit pick slightly we play Villa before we play Spurs, so we'd be 4 points in front when we play Spurs, so a draw would clinch it.

Im with that but think we'll get beat at Arsenal, win at west ham who will be safe. Or maybe we'll b ok by then?

Can't see us getting beat in the final run up. The players should be full of confidence. The only worry I have is at L/B. Other teams will have seen this as our weak spot. They will be attacking here at any given chance. All wearing a City shirt will have to have the same attitude as Bellars & Tevez - never say die. Running for lost causes & turning them into chances.

Strangeways said:
I reckon Spuds will get a max 8 pts from their fixtures (incl 1 pt against us). If so, a point v Spuds will mean we will need 7 from rags (h), arse (a), villa (h) and WH (a). I think we will beat villa and WH, so a point from either of the other two should do us. Don't think we need to beat the rags.
I think spurs will get 71 points can only see us reaching 69. Only 4 points from the next two can change my mind on that!

I had Spurs getting maximum a point last night, they'll be flying after beating Arsenal especially with how long it's been etc etc, I never thought it would actually come down to the Spurs game, but I can now see it being winner takes all.

Man City's Next 5 Games

Norwich (H) - Win
Arsenal (A) - Draw
Aston Villa (H) - Win
Spuds (H) - Draw
West Ham (A) - Win
11 Points

Spuds Next 5 Games

Chelski (H) - Loose
Norwich (A) - Loose
Bolton (H) - Win
Mighty Blues (A) - Draw
Burnley (A) - Win
7 points

Hello Champs league

MaineDAWG2008 said:
we must take each game at a time.

away with silly predictions

lets not fool ourselves and concentrate on Saturday alone!!!!

Aye, you're right there. I think people were getting carried away with things saying Spurs would lose against Arsenal, Chelsea and the rags.

But it is hard not to look forward when things are as exciting as they are.

As my worst case for City I see us getting the same number of points as Spuds in the run-in to take us to 70 and them to 69. That's with a draw against the rags, a loss at arsenal, a draw against Spuds and wins against Villa and West Ham.

This reminds me of the FA Cup Final back in 1981(?) when we were all expecting to beat Tottenham, but we failed miserably. The fact is that they currently have a better squad than we do. Many more creative players. Next season will hopefully be different but right now, we should be pleased if we beat Liverpool, Villa and Everton to secure fifth place. Much better than most of us predicted at the start of the season, especially given that we made so few acquisitions in the January transfer window. If we only draw against Man Utd and Arsenal, you cannot blame the lads. As for the crunch game against the Spuds, they nearly always beat us so we should not be too cocky. If the Spuds perform to the best of their abilities, they will get that fourth spot for sure. Next season we will hopefully win a domestic trophy, get to the Europa Cup Final and finally get that fourth spot we all crave. No shame in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.