Racism in Football

Toni Kroos has continued his mask slipping fall from grace by promoting domestic abuser Alex Zverev to be Germany’s flag carrier at the olympics less than a week after telling German TV he was scared for his daughter to walk around in Germany because of all the immigrants.
Perhaps looking for a career in politics after retirement with second most popular party of his country.

It's from the last world cup.

Interestingly in the comment sections there seems to be a big divide between native Africans and people with African heritage who live in European countries. The latter are massively offended, whereas the former pretty much agree with the chant. They see the French players as betraying their African heritage to play for a Colonial power because they can make more money.

I don't understand the conclusion you make from your comment.

Nor how it links to the 'song' sung by the team...

I'm still waiting for that Argentinian "history of racism". Just as a heads up, this isn't Argentina:

You don't really want me to start posting facts about the role your country played in WW2, There's a reason Argentina has a bad reputation. This thread would turn very ugly and would be banned if we go there.

You don't really want me to start posting facts about the role your country played in WW2, There's a reason Argentina has a bad reputation. This thread would turn very ugly and would be banned if we go there.
What's Argentina's role, that it supossedly harbored Nazis? Ok, how's that any more significant than having a zoo of black people in 1994?

It is very funny to me how you and that Freshie (or whatever his username is) guy are trying to act all high and mighty while being the most xenophobic people in the entire thread. Because it is pretty clear you two have some kind of anymosity towards Argentina in general.

Yep. 200 of the 630 players registered to play in the Africa Cup of Nations weren't born in Africa, and of those, France was the most common country of birth with a whopping 104. So basically 1 in 6 of the players from their entire continent's top competition was born in France, yet they're accused of 'stealing' African players. Morocco only had nine players actually born in Morocco, and it was a similar story in the last World Cup, but nobody was claiming that Morocco only got to the semi-finals because of European players.

The entire concept of 'stealing players' is absurd on it's face anyway, unless someone can find a case of a family with a talented kid being kidnapped and forced to live in a European country, then it's an entirely pointless idea to bother engaging with. These families freely move to Europe in search for a better life and naturally what follows is talented players with connections to more than one country.

My family migrated to Europe many decades ago. If I was a footballer, I'd qualify to play for England, another European country and an African country. Whichever country I chose to represent didn't steal me from the other two. Kinda like Olise in a way. He could have chosen England, Algeria or Nigeria but he chose France.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.