Racist banana throwing is now allowed in English grounds...

lawrenceofbernarbia said:
I remember tony Adams getting carrots chucked at him by our fans from the kippax in the eighties

what was all that about a few seasons ago when chelsea fans started throwing sticks of celery at opposing players....or maybe i made that up....LOL

i was stood about 20 yards from the incident and can categorically say i did not see any bananas thrown....i saw, in the following order: -

2 x hotdogs

1 x stool

at least 5 x bottles of pop

3 or 4 x lighters

numerous coins

1 x newspaper

2 x match programmes

Check the replays they are clearly visible and more than one. Anyway its not in doubt there was much talk about this on Talksport on the drive time program, most of which trying to say it was not racist for them to be thrown and they were just "At hand" ie they chucked anything they had.

Adrian Durham waffled on about how he takes bannans to games and he could see nothing wrong with them being thrown at Ade or indeed the assault on the steward. All Ades fault for winding up the Arsenal fans.

It was talked about in length and they had numerous calls on it.

shadygiz said:
lawrenceofbernarbia said:
I remember tony Adams getting carrots chucked at him by our fans from the kippax in the eighties

what was all that about a few seasons ago when chelsea fans started throwing sticks of celery at opposing players....or maybe i made that up....LOL

maybe not ;p

Clampdown on celery-throwers leads to bans

Wed Mar 28, 2007
Reuters

Chelsea have banned three of their fans after they were caught throwing celery during the team's FA Cup win at Tottenham Hotspur, the Premier League champions said Tuesday.

Two of them were arrested for throwing celery during the quarter-final replay on March 19, while a third was spotted throwing the vegetable and later identified to the club.

A fourth supporter was banned for a pitch incursion.

"All four people have been banned by the club and three will face court bans depending on the outcome of any criminal proceedings," the club said on its Web site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseafc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.chelseafc.com</a>.

Chelsea had warned their fans three days before the replay against throwing celery during matches, saying it was a criminal offence and that anyone caught could be banned.

The unlikely warning had followed referee reports which mentioned celery-throwing at two previous Chelsea matches and which were being investigated by the Football Association.

Though celery has recently been landing on the pitch, Chelsea fans have been throwing it among themselves, and singing an unprintable song about the vegetable, for more than two decades.

shadygiz said:
shadygiz said:

maybe not ;p

Clampdown on celery-throwers leads to bans

Wed Mar 28, 2007
Reuters

Chelsea have banned three of their fans after they were caught throwing celery during the team's FA Cup win at Tottenham Hotspur, the Premier League champions said Tuesday.

Two of them were arrested for throwing celery during the quarter-final replay on March 19, while a third was spotted throwing the vegetable and later identified to the club.

A fourth supporter was banned for a pitch incursion.

"All four people have been banned by the club and three will face court bans depending on the outcome of any criminal proceedings," the club said on its Web site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.chelseafc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.chelseafc.com</a>.

Chelsea had warned their fans three days before the replay against throwing celery during matches, saying it was a criminal offence and that anyone caught could be banned.

The unlikely warning had followed referee reports which mentioned celery-throwing at two previous Chelsea matches and which were being investigated by the Football Association.

Though celery has recently been landing on the pitch, Chelsea fans have been throwing it among themselves, and singing an unprintable song about the vegetable, for more than two decades.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s379/st113363.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/ ... 113363.htm</a>

Sorry if it has already been said ( not read all 10 pages), but surely if someone makaes a complaint to the FA about the bananas then they are duty bound to investigate/act?

shadygiz said:
i was stood about 20 yards from the incident and can categorically say i did not see any bananas thrown....i saw, in the following order: -

2 x hotdogs

1 x stool

at least 5 x bottles of pop

3 or 4 x lighters

numerous coins

1 x newspaper

2 x match programmes

bloody ell shady m8 did you have pen and paper ready?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.