Racist banana throwing is now allowed in English grounds...

alera said:
For the last time the proof is there watch the replays.

Looks like a burger to me and the fact it splits would seem to back that up more than it would a banana. Go to the park, throw a banana at the floor and see how many times it splits. Or are you saying that when the arsenal fans saw ade coming they half peeled the banana so it would split when it hit the floor thus creating maximum effect.

OR are you saying it was half eaten which in that case isn't a racist act but nearest thing to hand.

It looks like a whole bannana to me. No way its burger, you try throwing a burger that far.

One does look a skin but theres definately a whole one thrown that lands in front on him. Really wound me up them making excuses for it on Talk Sport yesterday.

alera said:
One does look a skin but theres definately a whole one thrown that lands in front on him. Really wound me up them making excuses for it on Talk Sport yesterday.

You can see the banana, yet no national papers saw it because believe you me if they did it would make big news. City didnt see it because they could use that as evidence as to the racial abuse that ade was getting. The you tube vids prove nothing. People in that area of the ground saw no banana but saw everything else.

But you are adamant.

I am obviously missing something here. I take two bananas to most matches, because I eat them at half time. The skins go back in my bag and I would never dream of throwing anything at players or anyone else for that matter. Am I doing something wrong?

I take bananas because they are easy to peel and are supposedly full of energy. As a middle aged female who sits on the front row of the CB stand will I now expect to get abused for carrying bananas? I have been doing it for years.

p.s. I never swear at matches either so I am not the middle aged middle class lady/woman someone mentioned in another posting........... but that is because it is not in my nature......... not because I disapprove or approve. :-)

johnmc said:
alera said:

You can see the banana, yet no national papers saw it because believe you me if they did it would make big news. City didnt see it because they could use that as evidence as to the racial abuse that ade was getting. The you tube vids prove nothing. People in that area of the ground saw no banana but saw everything else.

But you are adamant.

haha even if there was one banana even the Sun would struggle to make a headline out of that.

SouthStand211 said:
Brucie Bonus said:
One of the most bizzaro-world things I saw was a screen-shot of an Arsenal forum, where one of their posters called Adey a monkey. I kid you not. It was posted on here on Saturday evening. Anyone else recall that?

Yeah, I found it on Arsenalnfriends website:
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139492&p=2431365#p2431365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139492&p=2431365#p2431365</a>

Players come to and leave clubs over a club's lifetime. I'd like to think that should any of our players ever move on in future no element of our fans would ever say anything like this. Unfortunately, I have seen Ade described as a monkey on several forums by people purporting to be Arsenal fans. I have many African friends, many of whom are proud and decent people and this must be very hurtful and insidious way to treat him.

On a more positive note for us, I assure you that many African and black stars of the future will look at this episode and MH's support for Ade and be less inclined to Arsenal and more favorable to City. I believe one of City's strategic goals is to raise the brand in Africa and the Middle East.

Re: Racist bannana throwing is now allowed in English grounds...

[/quote]

I also find this difficult to believe as Arsenal have always been seen as a multi cultural club.. As they guy above states, one of their most celebrated fans (bear) was a black guy and when he died, thousands paid homage at his funeral.

I do think that the arse fans on saturday were the only ones with a pre agenda though.. They just lost it when Ade scored as it dawned on them what a big mistake Wenger has made.. But nevermind, they've still got Bentdner.. how shit is he?[/quote]

Obv the fans had an agenda..............Ade was one of the most hated players I`ve ever known to leave Arsenal in 30 odd years ive been following them. Many many offered to drive him to the airport/train station to just get him out of our club..........for your sake I hope he don`t treat your club and you the fans the way he treated us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.