Radamel Falcao Zarate

ElKun said:
City being "innately bigger" might be a bit of a stretch, even with our Sky Blue tinted glasses on.

Another matter of opinion and one that I'm not going to debate at length but, as far as I'm concerned, for most of my lifetime, City have been a bigger club. I don't define bigger as meaning having won more trophies and certainly not as having won more trophies recently. I chose the word innately carefully.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
The thing is if we have ANY CHANCE of getting him we have to Guarantee him 1st team football but going head to head with Abramovitch will be very hard Abramovitch is USED to getting his own way!

You mean like Robinho?

We spent less than we offered for Hazard, never mind Van Purse Strings and De Rossi.

Ok fair point..

Are willing to spend big on this guy then? Think his buy out clause is €60m I reckon it will be next summer if we are interested

xzbit04 said:
Guillem Balague today on Falcao's impending move-

"He's already got an offer on the table from PSG, which will make him the best paid player in the world but he's waiting to see if Chelsea, Man City or Real Madrid are actually going for him as well. He's got a suspicion Real and Chelsea are interested in going for him, but in the meantime the only offer is from PSG, so we'll see"

So that would mean PSG have offered him in the region of around 400k a week, I wonder if that is after tax as France's new ridiculous tax rate will cost PSG fortunes.

He's the best striker in the world if you don't count Messi, but I don't think we need him. Still have no deep-lying playmaker in central midfield, or a threat out wide, or any depth at CB with Lescott losing a step by the day.

Andouble said:
He's the best striker in the world if you don't count Messi, but I don't think we need him. Still have no deep-lying playmaker in central midfield, or a threat out wide, or any depth at CB with Lescott losing a step by the day.
I think we're fine at CB tbh we have Lescott, Kompany, Richards, Nastasic and the promising Rekik. Who would you realistically sign thats better than those options? Possibly Sakho, Hummels,Subotic but I don't really think there is a great need to strengthen any part of the defence. We do need a top quality deep lying playmaker though apart from Yaya our midfield quality isn't great compared to other top teams. Would also love a high quality out and out winger Bale is the only attainable one that springs to mind but he would be stupidly expensive.

I just can't see us beating Chelsea in this.. They are building great team, they can match our wages offer anytime and most importantly they are at the moment much more attractive option for striker. And then there's London too.

I'm trying to put myself in his head and I chose chelski anytime I do it.

xzbit04 said:
Guillem Balague today on Falcao's impending move-

"He's already got an offer on the table from PSG, which will make him the best paid player in the world but he's waiting to see if Chelsea, Man City or Real Madrid are actually going for him as well. He's got a suspicion Real and Chelsea are interested in going for him, but in the meantime the only offer is from PSG, so we'll see"
Judging by the source, I am now confident that Madrid, City & Chelsea have all put deals on the table and PSG haven't<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:21 am --<br /><br />
MSP said:
I just can't see us beating Chelsea in this.. They are building great team, they can match our wages offer anytime and most importantly they are at the moment much more attractive option for striker. And then there's London too.

I'm trying to put myself in his head and I chose chelski anytime I do it.
They can't match our wage offer if we take it to extremes and how are they a more attractive option for a striker?

he may be the best striker in the world but we don't really need him. unless we are gonna sell mario in january and tevez in the summer (he will have only one year in his contract by then) then yes but will he be available till then?? i don't know.
if we sell only mario and bring in falcao imagine kun, falcao, tevez and dzeko as our options. imagine how unhappy will dzeko be or the other strikers who will get rotated every game.if mario leaves we should replace him with guidetti no one else. i just hope he doesn't choose chelsea. let's hope psg gets him and chelsea stays with torres.

kun1 said:
he may be the best striker in the world but we don't really need him. unless we are gonna sell mario in january and tevez in the summer (he will have only one year in his contract by then) then yes but will he be available till then?? i don't know.
if we sell only mario and bring in falcao imagine kun, falcao, tevez and dzeko as our options. imagine how unhappy will dzeko be or the other strikers who will get rotated every game.if mario leaves we should replace him with guidetti no one else. i just hope he doesn't choose chelsea. let's hope psg gets him and chelsea stays with torres.
Thats why we need him, if we do get him either Balotelli/Dzeko will leave and guidetti will go out on loan leaving us with 4 strikers like we have now so I can't see it being much of an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.