Radamel Falcao Zarate

Tevez City said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
That's approx £45m.

All sounds very exciting and glamorous but how the fuck would we get that to fit in with our FFP goals?

I think a big part of it is making sure we get decent prices for Balo and Dzeko mate. Or whoever we sell.

That will be like mission impossible for City.

City spent 50 Million Pound on these two players, and I will be happy if City can get 40 from selling them ( Even though I would like Dzeko to stay).

It wont be easy at all to get good prices but what ever we get will help reduce the Falcao cost.

Tevez City said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Stoned Rose said:
That's approx £45m.

All sounds very exciting and glamorous but how the fuck would we get that to fit in with our FFP goals?

I think a big part of it is making sure we get decent prices for Balo and Dzeko mate. Or whoever we sell.

That will be like mission impossible for City.

City spent 50 Million Pound on these two players, and I will be happy if City can get 40 from selling them ( Even though I would like Dzeko to stay).
40 mill is the least I expect. Saving on wages is the real benefit though.

Unfortunately he's not going to come to a club with 4 good strikers when Chelsea have only got one main striker. Additionally Chelsea are more willing to take a risk with FFP, they would outbid us because Abramovich wants him as their No1 target.
Rumours he has agreed personal terms with them:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/11/13/3523978/chelsea-close-in-on-falcao-swoop-after-opening-talks-over" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusi ... talks-over</a>
"Chelsea close in on Falcao swoop after opening talks over €60m January move
The Atletico Madrid sensation has told the European champions he wants to join them in the forthcoming window and is already believed to have agreed personal terms
Chelsea are closing in on the signature of Radamel Falcao after opening informal talks on a sensational €60 million January move, Goal.com has learned.
Club chiefs, acting on the instruction of owner Roman Abramovich, have made it clear to Falcao that they want to activate the release clause in his Atletico Madrid contract.
Goal.com understands that the Colombian striker has responded to the interest by telling Chelsea that he wants to move to Stamford Bridge in the winter window.
Despite competing enquiries in the 26-year-old from Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain, Falcao is now destined for a switch to Stamford Bridge at the turn of the year.

The deal is a complex one because of third-party ownership issues - with super agent Jorge Mendes part of a consortium holding an interest in Falcao - but Chelsea have intensified their efforts to land the front man in recent weeks in a bid to ensure the transfer can be completed in January.
The European champions have made Falcao a contract offer and it is believed that personal terms have already been agreed on a deal that is likely to make the striker one of the highest paid players in Premier League history.
Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo regards the Fifa Ballon d’Or contender as an upgrade on Fernando Torres, who has had a mixed start to the season despite scoring seven goals in 18 matches, each of them starts. The future of Torres’ understudy Daniel Sturridge is also in considerable doubt despite his presence in the England squad that plays Sweden on Wednesday night.
Only Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have scored more than Falcao’s 10 La Liga goals this season, a record the Colombia enhanced with a hat-trick against Chelsea in Atletico’s 4-1 Super Cup win in August.
Falcao has the pedigree and star quality which Chelsea thought they had acquired with the £50m purchase of Torres in January 2010 but the Spaniard is now likely to be put up for sale to help fund the purchase of the player earmarked to be his replacement.
Atletico are desperate to keep Falcao but will have no option if a club activates the buyout clause for a player who cost €45m when he joined from Porto in 2011.
After posting an annual profit for the first time in Abramovich’s nine-year reign, Chelsea are confident that signing Falcao would not affect the club’s chances of meeting Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.
City’s chances of landing the former River Plate front man are receding, even though Roberto Mancini wants to take him to the Etihad Stadium.
Since moving from South America to Europe in 2009, Falcao has scored 121 goals in 147 matches for Porto and Atletico."

tolmie's hairdoo said:
City are willing to meet both the buy-out clause and the wages.

It's Hazard all over again, in terms of the player having to make a straight choice between us and Chelsea.

As for FFPR, we will have the money covered in January.
Don't know why but i get the feeling he'd fit in better at Chelsea. A 4-2-3-1 formation with a front 4 of Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Falcao is unstoppable for many, many years.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's Hazard all over again, in terms of the player having to make a straight choice between us and Chelsea.

IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".
I would love him to come to us but I just cant see it.

He'll go to Chelsea.

Many reports say he followed them as a child and lets be honest 99% of people would live in London over Manchester/Greater Manchester wouldn't they?

I'd love to see the back of Tevez and Balotelli to make this happen but I simply can't see it. He'll go to them and get fed by Oscar, Hazard, Mata and Ramires. Lets see if the happy clappers still wanna keep things as they are because I tell you now once they all gel and Pep goes there they have this sewn up domestically for a while imho. Us and Chelsea will duke it out whilst United change managers and bed in. Chelsea going for Baines I heard to replace Cole if he leaves and they're looking at Fernandinho at CDM. If they get Falcoa, Fernandinho and Baines + what they have then they are most certainly amongst the elite in world football.

FFP or not, the time is now to go for it and make things happen. If we play the long game the level of competition increases and silverware will be much, much tougher to win domestically.

Chelsea have pedigree in Europe and have a hotbed of young talent all on good money and living in the capital. I genuinely believe should they get Falcoa we will play second best for a long while.

Hope to god they look for cheaper option in Schurle or Lowandowski.

Tricky_Trev said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Don't know why but i get the feeling he'd fit in better at Chelsea. A 4-2-3-1 formation with a front 4 of Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Falcao is unstoppable for many, many years.

True Tricky... very true. And it's not like we can blame him for choosing them over us can we? He won't sign up for us to be used in a rotation system, - that just won't happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.