Radamel Falcao Zarate

Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City are willing to meet both the buy-out clause and the wages.

It's Hazard all over again, in terms of the player having to make a straight choice between us and Chelsea.

As for FFPR, we will have the money covered in January.
IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".
I would love him to come to us but I just cant see it.

To me it's what Roman wants, Roman gets. As Tolmie said we probably are offering the same as Chelski.

However he would want to play every game.

With our abundance of strikers we can't offer that.

You have to hand it to Roman. Over summer he rebuilt the team. We simply failed to match that.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Time for Tixi to show us what he's made off

The mans hand is the same as Marwoods or any other. He has set perameters and limits. Fee and wages are key but so to the agents backhander which we may not be keen on.

Then you have to factor in the senisble comment that's been said about competition. He has to compete with 4 strikers at the mo whereas as Chelsea he plays every game and competes with a fading Torres and young Daniel.

Common sense says he'll go there. Only way we make it attractive for him and also FFP is if we flog a striker or 2. I'd personally sell Tevez and Mario. One because of last year and the fact he is out of contrcat in 18 months and the other because he isn't consistent enough or good enough to be the focal point of us going forward.

A front line of Aguero and Falcoa is potentially as good as any other in history imo.

jollylescott said:
Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's Hazard all over again, in terms of the player having to make a straight choice between us and Chelsea.

IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".
I would love him to come to us but I just cant see it.

To me it's what Roman wants, Roman gets. As Tolmie said we probably are offering the same as Chelski.

However he would want to play every game.

With our abundance of strikers we can't offer that.

You have to hand it to Roman. Over summer he rebuilt the team. We simply failed to match that.

I will quote this in the hope some daft happy clappers that thought our summer was a success reads it.

We fell asleep and rested on laurels.

We still are short of a partner for Yaya in CM who will cover him when he goes to ACON. Sinclair is inferior in talent to Johnson as is Garcia to De Jong.

Whilst we have done this Chelsea have snapped up 2 of the most promising players in world football and a few squad enhancers whilst also looking to sign the best striker in world football bar Messi and Ronaldo.

I am grafeful for where we have got to and grateful for all the change but I am gutted we have halted the progress when imo it was the final hurdle before the homestretch. Ship out the unwanted players and make the final set of changes in personal. After that it'd be natural turnover replacing older players and players looking for a change in scenery and challenge etc.

I'm hoping the summer was us holding our purse and preparing for a final splurge with the figureheads being Soriano and Txiki to try and get the best out there for us. We live and hope.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Sounds like the sales are at an advanced stage.. and if we're talking of having the money covered then that's £40m at least so Mario and one or two others?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Are we going for with a view to a January or Summer move then?

NipHolmes said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

The mans hand is the same as Marwoods or any other. He has set perameters and limits. Fee and wages are key but so to the agents backhander which we may not be keen on.

Then you have to factor in the senisble comment that's been said about competition. He has to compete with 4 strikers at the mo whereas as Chelsea he plays every game and competes with a fading Torres and young Daniel.

Common sense says he'll go there. Only way we make it attractive for him and also FFP is if we flog a striker or 2. I'd personally sell Tevez and Mario. One because of last year and the fact he is out of contrcat in 18 months and the other because he isn't consistent enough or good enough to be the focal point of us going forward.

A front line of Aguero and Falcoa is potentially as good as any other in history imo.
I agree Falcao seems more consistent than both Tevez and Balo. However if we make too many changes to our strikers thinking we are are making room for Falcao and he goes to Chelsea we could be left with egg on our face and ruin our chances of retaining the PL!

Plain Speaking said:
NipHolmes said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

I agree Falcao seems more consistent than both Tevez and Balo. However if we make too many changes to our strikers thinking we are are making room for Falcao and he goes to Chelsea we could be left with egg on our face and ruin our chances of retaining the PL!

If I was in charge of the transfers, I would probably try and secure Falcao's signature BEFORE shipping out half our squad. Or maybe that just lacks basic logic?

He'd be an idiot not to go to Chelsea.

With his ability and finishing, with Hazard, Mata, Ramires, and Oscar behind him we could talk of him breaking records in the seasons ahead.

Comrade Buka said:
Plain Speaking said:
NipHolmes said:

If I was in charge of the transfers, I would probably try and secure Falcao's signature BEFORE shipping out half our squad. Or maybe that just lacks basic logic?

No.

If we buy and then sell it means our position is weakened and we'd recoup less. It is a damn site easier to buy than sell.

To answer Plain I'd say Mario is the man we sell because he simply isn't needed. Then it's either Dzeko or Tevez because imo we don't need a 4th striker with Guidetti in the wings. Tevez is on massive wages and running contract down whereas Edin has a role here.

I personally feel Mario move is nearly done. I feel our summer was hindered by lack of sales and now we are looking at what we were then but the wheels are in motion and we're further down the track.

IMO Mario is 100% gone. I have already betted someone on here about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.