Radamel Falcao Zarate

Comrade Buka said:
Plain Speaking said:
NipHolmes said:
The mans hand is the same as Marwoods or any other. He has set perameters and limits. Fee and wages are key but so to the agents backhander which we may not be keen on.

Then you have to factor in the senisble comment that's been said about competition. He has to compete with 4 strikers at the mo whereas as Chelsea he plays every game and competes with a fading Torres and young Daniel.

Common sense says he'll go there. Only way we make it attractive for him and also FFP is if we flog a striker or 2. I'd personally sell Tevez and Mario. One because of last year and the fact he is out of contrcat in 18 months and the other because he isn't consistent enough or good enough to be the focal point of us going forward.

A front line of Aguero and Falcoa is potentially as good as any other in history imo.
I agree Falcao seems more consistent than both Tevez and Balo. However if we make too many changes to our strikers thinking we are are making room for Falcao and he goes to Chelsea we could be left with egg on our face and ruin our chances of retaining the PL!

If I was in charge of the transfers, I would probably try and secure Falcao's signature BEFORE shipping out half our squad. Or maybe that just lacks basic logic?

I agree in priciple but could mean the buying clubs haggling down the price simply because they know we want shut due to having a surplus. Would be more difficult I imagine to get a fair price.

Andouble said:
He'd be an idiot not to go to Chelsea.

With his ability and finishing, with Hazard, Mata, Ramires, and Oscar behind him we could talk of him breaking records in the seasons ahead.

This.

In my mind I see it as a glorified Arsenal of last year. How well RVP did last year Falcoa will better because he has a better team around him and better service.

The team has pace, ability, assits and goals. Torres isn't a bad sub either.

Falcoa is the type of player that plays to all assists. He can be fed to his feet or to his head. Chelsea even have width in Marin and De Bruyne down the line to go with the players already mentioned. Falcoa simply finishes the puzzle.

Parting with Lampard and Cole on wages covers Falcoa wages and some of transfer via amortisation. They simply need a LB/Baines (English and very good replacement) and an upgrade on Mikel and Essien in the centre of the field. Maybe a CB to replace Terry down the line but basically the teams done and they are good to go for years.

Fucks sakes they even have a great keeper to come through in Courtois, then they have McEachren and Paizon coming through too!<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:52 pm --<br /><br />
bluelassie said:
Comrade Buka said:
Plain Speaking said:
I agree Falcao seems more consistent than both Tevez and Balo. However if we make too many changes to our strikers thinking we are are making room for Falcao and he goes to Chelsea we could be left with egg on our face and ruin our chances of retaining the PL!

If I was in charge of the transfers, I would probably try and secure Falcao's signature BEFORE shipping out half our squad. Or maybe that just lacks basic logic?

I agree in priciple but could mean the buying clubs haggling down the price simply because they know we want shut due to having a surplus. Would be more difficult I imagine to get a fair price.

As above. It's common sense to be fair.

Look at Newcastle with Carrol when they knew Liverpool would need a striker after selling Torres and they knew the cost of it. Carrol basically cost £25mill more than his value.

r.soleofsalford said:
hopefully with marwood moving sideways to the eds and the appointment of the two ex barca bod`s, he`ll sign for us.

why wouldnt he want to join the best team in the land and all the world

The guys from Barca man absolutely naff all to him personally I'd say. All that matters are wages, sign on fee, game time and place to live. Chelsea will match us or better on first two, they will give more game time and offer a better place to live as in terms of city location.

We may be the best team England but techincally Chelsea are the best in Europe and have equally as good a future.

jollylescott said:
Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City are willing to meet both the buy-out clause and the wages.

It's Hazard all over again, in terms of the player having to make a straight choice between us and Chelsea.

As for FFPR, we will have the money covered in January.
IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".
I would love him to come to us but I just cant see it.

To me it's what Roman wants, Roman gets. As Tolmie said we probably are offering the same as Chelski.

However he would want to play every game.

With our abundance of strikers we can't offer that.

You have to hand it to Roman. Over summer he rebuilt the team. We simply failed to match that.

But we can offer massive assurances that Mario, Dzeko and Tevez will all be gone by end of next summer.

People saying we need to throw caution to the wind, that's exactly what we are trying to do with the firm interest in Falcao.

Aguero, Falcao, Guidetti and an attacking midfielder/winger/Isco.

Take London out of the equation and what's not to like?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
jollylescott said:
Plain Speaking said:
IMO he might flirt with us to get the best deal but why would you want to compete with at least 2 or 3 other world class strikers to start at City when he would be gauranteed a start every match at Chelsea?
They also show a willingness to pay extra agent's fees, (as Hazard!). London as a location is more desireable for many footballers, particularly after the "Olympic roadshow".

To me it's what Roman wants, Roman gets. As Tolmie said we probably are offering the same as Chelski.

You have to hand it to Roman. Over summer he rebuilt the team. We simply failed to match that.

But we can offer massive assurances that Mario, Dzeko and Tevez will all be gone by end of next summer.

People saying we need to throw caution to the wind, that's exactly what we are trying to do with the firm interest in Falcao.

I doubt hugely Edin will go. I punted the others already.

Isco still stalling on that new deal isn't he? Malaga owners not payting out like promised but qualifed CL, do you think it coudl be pulled off In Jan or the Summer?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
jollylescott said:
Plain Speaking said:

this would be a shame

NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
jollylescott said:

Isco still stalling on that new deal isn't he? Malaga owners not payting out like promised but qualifed CL, do you think it coudl be pulled off In Jan or the Summer?

All three strikers will be gone, with the possible exception of Tevez, for problematic contractual reasons.

Not sure how serious the Isco interest even is.

January is covered in terms of spending.

If Falcao does choose Chelsea in January, I don't expect that money to burn a hole in our pocket.

Hypothetical question, nothing sinister, just interested in different takes.

Does Guardiola make any difference to Falcao's destination?

The lad Eriksson has just said he wants out at Ajax.

Decent option for us?

NipHolmes said:
bluelassie said:
Comrade Buka said:

As above. It's common sense to be fair.

Look at Newcastle with Carrol when they knew Liverpool would need a striker after selling Torres and they knew the cost of it. Carrol basically cost £25mill more than his value.

Carroll was £5mil over paid for because of Liverpools weakened negotiating postion and £20mil over paid for because Liverpool are idiots :). I cannot believe the baseball club owner who championed 'Moneyball' could make such a horrible and immediate mess with football.

It is all simple as has been alluded to. If you NEED to sell then the negotiation position is weakened. Milan thought we were in that position with Tevez and offered up some bullshit arrangements but they ultimately misread our position.

The difference here is that Falcao will only be sold by Athletico at or damn near his buy out clause so in negotiating with the club the position doesn't change even if we sold a striker first. Maybe Falcao could demand higher wages after another striker was sold but if he was that kind of person I'd rather pull the pin.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
NipHolmes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

All three strikers will be gone, with the possible exception of Tevez, for problematic contractual reasons.

Not sure how serious the Isco interest even is.

January is covered in terms of spending.

If Falcao does choose Chelsea in January, I don't expect that money to burn a hole in our pocket.

Hypothetical question, nothing sinister, just interested in different takes.

Does Guardiola make any difference to Falcao's destination?

The lad Eriksson has just said he wants out at Ajax.

Decent option for us?

Eriksson I like a lot. Thought he was excellent against us in both legs. A little greedy, but I think that comes with being the star at Ajax. Personally think he's growing into the same kind of talent which Fabregas had.

Falcao to Chelsea seems likely.

Personally very surprised nobody's talking about Cavani. Started the season on fire again. Younger than Falcao and more versatile. Would probably cost a little more but not much.

I know I'll get slated for this ... but the day Tevez leaves, we should break the bank and sign Luis Suarez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.