radio 5

Blue Dove said:
Ok so Savage is a mate of Hughes thats a given.
He has spoken about him in a positive way several times which some people will not like.
He is probably more ITK than anyone on here.
He probably does know the agreed targets between MH and the owners better than anyone on this board.
However rather than listen all we get is cynicism and a dismissive attitude.
If it doesn't suit your agenda, unlucky!
One day it might be worth listening and taking note.

But he lied!

Hughes put us in the bottom 3 last season, how the fuck can his mate claim he has done a wonderful job?

Why would Savage have any clue as what is going on at City or what our targets might be?

Sounds like a guy after a job? oh ffs.......

I agree its a good subject for debate but its not being debated properly. Its just turning into a witch hunt directed at mark hughes. I completely disagree with the way some fans criticise hughes just because we've drawn too many games this season. I agree he makes strange decisions at times but i believe all this criticism is just because hes an ex-rag. Whats our solution then.... sack him, get a new manger only for the new manager to grind out mediocre performances whilst the club is in a transition period and then we'll get bored of him and call for his head again??

Challenger1978 said:
seantheduck said:
Savage is mate of Hughes and defending him against pundits...its like Fred West being defended by Gary Glitter.

Please don't make me laugh! As i've pulled a muscle across my chest and everytime i laugh i'm in bleeding agony.
have you been weight lifting in front of the mirror again ;)

DontLookBackInAnger said:
blueinsa said:
Hang on a minute, it was Hughes that put us in the bottom 3 in his first season!
and I thought we finished 9 under SGE! so silly, Sven must have been working for Hughes then! This is the thing that pisses me off most about Hughes, the way him and his "team" have to belittle City, we have been pretty much a mid-table team for our whole time at Eastlands but to hear Hughes we have never even been as close to the heights he has taken us to in living memory.

Oh hear we go again with Sven the Myth! If Hughes doesn't buck his ideas up soon it will cost him his job most probably in the summer. However, please don't try and say that that that money grabbing turnip Sven who would sell his own mother for a few quid was any good for this club. The football was has boring has under Pearce and he was even more clueless than Hughes in changing tactics in a game.

The myth is that he would have done better had Thaksin not told him he was being sacked in the summer. That only goes to prove he was a man without morals or character, because not only did he stay till the end of the season, but went to Thailand on that nonsensical end of season tour, just so he could get his money!!

City's Twelth Man said:
I agree its a good subject for debate but its not being debated properly. Its just turning into a witch hunt directed at mark hughes. I completely disagree with the way some fans criticise hughes just because we've drawn too many games this season. I agree he makes strange decisions at times but i believe all this criticism is just because hes an ex-rag. Whats our solution then.... sack him, get a new manger only for the new manager to grind out mediocre performances whilst the club is in a transition period and then we'll get bored of him and call for his head again??

Correct!

City's Twelth Man said:
I agree its a good subject for debate but its not being debated properly. Its just turning into a witch hunt directed at mark hughes. I completely disagree with the way some fans criticise hughes just because ??

"Just because"?!!!

That's like Alan Ball saying, just because we've been relegated, it doesn't mean we're not total world beaters.

Blue Dove said:
Ok so Savage is a mate of Hughes thats a given.
He has spoken about him in a positive way several times which some people will not like.
He is probably more ITK than anyone on here.
He probably does know the agreed targets between MH and the owners better than anyone on this board.
However rather than listen all we get is cynicism and a dismissive attitude.
If it doesn't suit your agenda, unlucky!
One day it might be worth listening and taking note.
And do you know the targets better than anyone on this board?? because last night you said "MH was to get a new contract soon" and money to spend in the transfer window. I think you might work for MCFC infact you could be "desert rat" :)

City's Twelth Man said:

it's controversial. to some, it's only two defeats, to others, it's a shocking lack of wins. and the rag thing is only true of a very small minority. I supported hughes appointment, and defended him fiercely for much of last year. but now, we're hearing the same excuses, from someone who supposedly is enforcing a no-excuses culture. it's gone too far for me, personally. I hated him implicitly blaming the players on wednesday when the world and his dog could see he got the tactics wrong. .I hate hearing him talk down what went before him at the club. I hated him rubbishing all of our players last year, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt over all of this...As a supporter, how does it make you feel to be told that we were a hopeless bottom half team, when in fact we finished ninth? how did it feel to have someone like elano, amongst others, vilified? I hate it when the fans do it... but when the management is doing it, it's worse for me.... I'll put up with it as long as they bloody well better get the results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.