Rag Cafe in Meltdown (merged)

MotownBlue said:
Can I ask you Brit Blues something?

Is it the same there as it is here in the States with United fans? Here, they seem to bee all full of themselves, wearing their ManUre shirts and such and acting all cocky, but they are rarely the type of football fans that will have a good chat about another side or a game they didn't play in. Don't often seem to be tuned into the overall game of football, just constantly running their mouths about how great Man U is. I absolutely hate it.

Because I am the brewmaster in a pub, I meet many, many Rags. One of my favorite things to do as a wind up is to chat with them very briefly and excitedly about football and wait for them to ask "what team do you follow?"...

...then I give a good little pause and say "Man City, man" or "I'm fucking City til I die". Absolutely drives them up the wall. I make sure to have a look of disdain on my face as well. Sometimes I also tell them that their team is shit.

Absolutely terrible fans, by and large, over here...

Keep up the good work Motown :D.

To answer your q, yes mate they are exactly like that, as if they have something other fans don't and that in turn gives them the right to act like stuck up twats.
We get them types who spout of all the time also, and a large chunk like you say just talk a lot but you can tell if you quized them then they would be umming and ahhhing untill doomsday.
Well thats how it is in Wigan (town in greater manchester).

MotownBlue said:

Is it the same there as it is here in the States with United fans? Here, they seem to bee all full of themselves, wearing their ManUre shirts and such and acting all cocky, but they are rarely the type of football fans that will have a good chat about another side or a game they didn't play in. Don't often seem to be tuned into the overall game of football, just constantly running their mouths about how great Man U is. I absolutely hate it.

Because I am the brewmaster in a pub, I meet many, many Rags. One of my favorite things to do as a wind up is to chat with them very briefly and excitedly about football and wait for them to ask "what team do you follow?"...

...then I give a good little pause and say "Man City, man" or "I'm fucking City til I die". Absolutely drives them up the wall. I make sure to have a look of disdain on my face as well. Sometimes I also tell them that their team is shit.

It is exactly like that mate. United are the fair-weather fans pick around the globe. These "United" fans are the same people who call us "Citeh". Which is just the supposed Manc accent. Rag bastards are the same kids in highschool who followed every trend. Supporting United is a fad, Supporting City is life.

MotownBlue said:

I find them the least knowledgeable of all fans on the whole. They know f-all about other clubs and their players, which is why Sunday came as such a shock. They just trot out cliches and I often find that I know more about their players and team than they do.

There are obviously some who know what they are talking about, but on the whole no, because they have attracted a large casual 'following' whereas other clubs have fanatics who know their stuff.

retro_didz said:
Hi, Arsenal fan in peace, I'm trying to get hold of the video of the City lad taunting the United fans at the Community shield for some office banter against our Rags, could someone please assist?

I promise not to cause any issue, or troll, I just really want a link to this video if possible please...

Great win on Sunday by the way, my house mate (who was born and bred MCFC is still on cloud 9), I'm just absolutely gutted that I put a cheeky fiver on 5-1! At 80/1, I was dancing around like a loony until Silva slotted that 6th in!

-- Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:54 pm --

Just to explain in more detail, the video I'm after is the one of the kid on his ones with the flag who runs over to the United fans and falls to his knees, I think it was the Community Shield, could have been the FA Cup Semi final, looks like it's Wembley at least!

Here you go....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFA_vZWP1FY&feature=related[/youtube]

You should all play this in the background next time you head over to 'Rag Cafe' and start reading their heartbroken fans 'Derby' posts!

(Anyone who wasn't around in the 80's may think I've gone mad!!!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ZDsUGiGqM[/youtube]

kippaxwarrior said:
Pam said:
My neighbour still hasn't opened his curtains and it's now Wednesday, ffs.

If they still havent opened the curtains by Friday and you can smell something odd i think its time to call the police and ambulance services.......
Nah, leave it till monday. Remember its a united fan. They smell funny anyway.

The Rags in INDIA are certainly the WORSE.

Some of my aquaintences are RAGS and when i told them that I am a Citizen, the reply was, Now, i have seen everything; some folks follow Manchester City as well. I was literally Pissed off but i smiled and said yeah i do.

I have been labelled as probably the only INDIAN who is a CITY fan..

And then in all the football forums here, its stated that CITY are trying to buy success but they never will be able to as long as SAF is around..

After the 1-6 demolition, all those RAGS ignore me..EVEN more but i somehow LOVE it ;)

In the football forum, i have posted all the 1-6 jokes and 5 rags have already left the FORUM.. Other teams fans(gooners,liverpool,chelea fans etc.) already consider me as a LEGEND LOL :D

I am not much of an attention seekr but u know what.. I am loving every moment of this LEGEND feeling Hehehehehehe :D :D :D

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Ah, so you can't be offside if you're behind the ball? I didn't know that. Shows what I know. "

That's the worst thing I have ever seen.
Terry Venables didn't know either, he called an offside when commentating in the 1996 world cup when the player was behind the ball. He thought you would be offside if the ball was played forwards, no matter where you were stood at the time.

And that is a guy who managed England, ffs. Some people are just naturally clueless. How they were ever involved with football for so long, I don't know, but it's no wonder England and Prem teams hire foreign coaches nowadays, too many of the English ones are clearly thick as pig shit.

This oil money thing is really getting old....i would suggest to them to give each player 500 pounds a week and see how far that "tradition" will take them. In any case didnt they have a certain somebody acting all primadona cuz he was short on hairtransplant money bout a year ago. Oh yeah...a propper club legend dying for the team colours...gimme a break

skyblue romeo said:
The Rags in INDIA are certainly the WORSE.

Some of my aquaintences are RAGS and when i told them that I am a Citizen,
Fair play mate, but we don't call ourselves the Citizens.

The (largely foreign) media have perpetuated that old nickname recently, as if they need a sound bite to hang on to.

utd don't call themselves the Red Devils either.

I never understood this anyway, Barca and Real Madrid don't have a stupid nickname, do they?

Next time someone asks who you support say "City" or "Manchester City" in full. Anything else makes you sound like a tool

-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 am --

MotownBlue said:

Like this, in fact!!! ;-) Somehow Americans and Canadians get away with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.