Rags 1 city 6

stefranceuk said:
I like to think we did it for people taking the p*ss out of this great man

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHhEkInN9U[/youtube]
Indeed. And a couple of sayings spring to mind; ''He who laughs last, laughs longest'' and ''Isn't karma a woman?'';

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/xEkyCZe.png[/bigimg]

What was also beautiful that day was the stunning effect it had on their fans. Ferguson isn't an idiot. He had worked out 12 months earlier that we had caught them up and overtaken them in quality. The day we proved that was the fa cup semi six months earlier. But a large percentage of football fans are clueless about the game, and man Utd without question have a higher proportion than anyone else.

These divvies, the 20 year old bottled beer drinking pub reds, the thick inadequates, the middle aged ladies, the clueless kiddies around the country, the accountants from Staffordshire...they went into this game without realising they had no silva, no aguero, no kompany and no hart. They were living in the past. They thought they'd put us in our place.

Oh no.

UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
Think its time people got over the 1-6 thing, its a bit small minded, 2 seasons ago n all.

Call me a rag if u wish, im not
Got over it? You get over a loss, you celebrate a victory, and in the future, you commemorate it.

Forget not, this was a few months after United beat us in the Community Shield and Rooney claimed they had given us a 'footballing lesson'. This was their 9th game of the season and they were reigning champions and unbeaten. We were unbeaten in the league also. We had earlier in the season won 1-5 at White Hart Lane, and they bettered us by beating Arsenal 8-2 on the same day. This was the day something had to give, and they thought they would build on that lesson earlier in the season and put us firmly in our places. They were a bit nervous, but confident nevertheless, as evidenced in the words of their own fans:

Red Cafe said:
"I want to crush them in a truly epic manner."

"I'm expecting them to play for a point. Especially now that they're top of the league. If its all square with 15 minutes to go you can be sure only one team will be trying to win it."

"Make no mistake, our players will be up for this. Our manager and staff will be up for this. Our supporters will be up for this. Old Trafford needs to be an absolute cauldron on Sunday. Get the scarves and flags up and flying, shout, scream and roar. We need to put these cnuts in their place. They've had an easy start to the season, the only result I was impressed with was the Spurs game, but they haven't really been tested. They need to be tested this Sunday.

Their fans speak like they're our equals now, they aren't! Look at our history, the traditions and prestige we have. They'll never be our equals, they simply aren't big enough. Sure they'll probably go on to win more silverware with the money they've got and the players they buy, but they won't achieve the success we have. They haven't worked for it or built anything up, they've just been fortunate to win the 'football lottery'.

I for one can't wait until Sunday. Come on United."

"Its at OT. we're favorites imo. Our home record is simply brilliant. It'l be a very cagey affair though i think. too much at stake in these games. people hoping to see a return to our fluid attacking football might have to wait."

"We'll go 442 and go for the jugular from the off. No different to the Chelsea or Arsenal games."

"There's going to be a late goal in this one."

But this game didn't go quite according to plan, did it? If the August meeting was a footballing lesson, this was an educational masterclass. It shut them up and the whole footballing world sat up and took notice of their complete humiliation. Their fans were silenced. Our critics were forced to eat their words. We were unquestionably the best team in the land at that point in time.

Have I got over it? Do I want to get over it? Nah. I love watching the highlights of that game on YouTube, whether it be the last 5 minutes recorded by the French lads, or the Sky TV highlights with Gary Neville wanting to move on to the next game. I love watching Walter and that Cockney Red in Fanzone - "Take it. Take it. Take it!" I will never tire of looking at pictures of the "Why Always Me" shirt, and it brought a smile to my face when I saw a lad wearing a replica when I was in Scotland two weeks ago, and we acknowledged each other, knowing we had something very special in common.

This was a key moment in modern footballing history, and it will never be forgotten, and it will never become insignificant.

Do you have a link for that? had a look and can not find it.

Nothing like humiliating UTD on their turf to raise the spirits if you're feeling down in the dumps!
A double header with the last 5 mins of the QPR game and you'll have to be dragged off the ceiling.

I was working the morning of the game and we got talking to an Irish woman who was staying in one if the hotels in town.
She was there with her family of rags all decorated in their rag merchandise and when she found out my mate and I were both blues, she seemed surprised "why if you're from Manchester do you support City?" I thought typical rag no nowt and I said "you've just answered your own question love" I just laughed and walked off. The result that day was even sweeter for me and my mate after our discussion with the rag lady form Cork.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
I was working the morning of the game and we got talking to an Irish woman who was staying in one if the hotels in town.
She was there with her family of rags all decorated in their rag merchandise and when she found out my mate and I were both blues, she seemed surprised "why if you're from Manchester do you support City?" I thought typical rag no nowt and I said "you've just answered your own question love" I just laughed and walked off. The result that day was even sweeter for me and my mate after our discussion with the rag lady form Cork.
Yeah, well; Cork. Not exactly the land that time forgot, but heading that way. Therefore, you've got to make allowances!

*awaits the Munster Mafia*

Didsbury Dave said:
What was also beautiful that day was the stunning effect it had on their fans. Ferguson isn't an idiot. He had worked out 12 months earlier that we had caught them up and overtaken them in quality. The day we proved that was the fa cup semi six months earlier. But a large percentage of football fans are clueless about the game, and man Utd without question have a higher proportion than anyone else.

These divvies, the 20 year old bottled beer drinking pub reds, the thick inadequates, the middle aged ladies, the clueless kiddies around the country, the accountants from Staffordshire...they went into this game without realising they had no silva, no aguero, no kompany and no hart. They were living in the past. They thought they'd put us in our place.

Oh no.

Hope you have a higher opinion of us middle aged blue ladies?

karen7 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Oh no.

Hope you have a higher opinion of us middle aged blue ladies?

Every home should have one Kate.

It was a brilliant day!

We received a 'phone call early that morning saying that the step-daughter had gone into labour, so we raced up to their place, though it turned out to be a false alarm, and we watched, with trepidation initially, on the laptop.

We just couldn't believe it as the goals started to flow in and by the end, we were both ecstatic.

After the match, I texted all my mates, "6-1 in their cup final."

The granddaughter arrived the next day, making it 24 hours never to forget.

[/quote]Yeah, well; Cork. Not exactly the land that time forgot, but heading that way. Therefore, you've got to make allowances!

*awaits the Munster Mafia*[/quote]

Ha ha ha I know what you mean!

However , I think it's even worse here in Limerick.
I'd guess 90% of the county support the scum, with the same 90% not even having been to the swamp!!! ( or even knowing where the shithole is )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.