Rags 1 city 6

pominoz said:
UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
Think its time people got over the 1-6 thing, its a bit small minded, 2 seasons ago n all.

Call me a rag if u wish, im not
Got over it? You get over a loss, you celebrate a victory, and in the future, you commemorate it.

Forget not, this was a few months after United beat us in the Community Shield and Rooney claimed they had given us a 'footballing lesson'. This was their 9th game of the season and they were reigning champions and unbeaten. We were unbeaten in the league also. We had earlier in the season won 1-5 at White Hart Lane, and they bettered us by beating Arsenal 8-2 on the same day. This was the day something had to give, and they thought they would build on that lesson earlier in the season and put us firmly in our places. They were a bit nervous, but confident nevertheless, as evidenced in the words of their own fans:

Red Cafe said:
"I want to crush them in a truly epic manner."

"I'm expecting them to play for a point. Especially now that they're top of the league. If its all square with 15 minutes to go you can be sure only one team will be trying to win it."

"Make no mistake, our players will be up for this. Our manager and staff will be up for this. Our supporters will be up for this. Old Trafford needs to be an absolute cauldron on Sunday. Get the scarves and flags up and flying, shout, scream and roar. We need to put these cnuts in their place. They've had an easy start to the season, the only result I was impressed with was the Spurs game, but they haven't really been tested. They need to be tested this Sunday.

Their fans speak like they're our equals now, they aren't! Look at our history, the traditions and prestige we have. They'll never be our equals, they simply aren't big enough. Sure they'll probably go on to win more silverware with the money they've got and the players they buy, but they won't achieve the success we have. They haven't worked for it or built anything up, they've just been fortunate to win the 'football lottery'.

I for one can't wait until Sunday. Come on United."

"Its at OT. we're favorites imo. Our home record is simply brilliant. It'l be a very cagey affair though i think. too much at stake in these games. people hoping to see a return to our fluid attacking football might have to wait."

"We'll go 442 and go for the jugular from the off. No different to the Chelsea or Arsenal games."

"There's going to be a late goal in this one."

But this game didn't go quite according to plan, did it? If the August meeting was a footballing lesson, this was an educational masterclass. It shut them up and the whole footballing world sat up and took notice of their complete humiliation. Their fans were silenced. Our critics were forced to eat their words. We were unquestionably the best team in the land at that point in time.

Have I got over it? Do I want to get over it? Nah. I love watching the highlights of that game on YouTube, whether it be the last 5 minutes recorded by the French lads, or the Sky TV highlights with Gary Neville wanting to move on to the next game. I love watching Walter and that Cockney Red in Fanzone - "Take it. Take it. Take it!" I will never tire of looking at pictures of the "Why Always Me" shirt, and it brought a smile to my face when I saw a lad wearing a replica when I was in Scotland two weeks ago, and we acknowledged each other, knowing we had something very special in common.

This was a key moment in modern footballing history, and it will never be forgotten, and it will never become insignificant.

Do you have a link for that? had a look and can not find it.
The United quotes are from the first few pages of the game thread in Red Cafe. I don't have a link right now as I am on my phone.

Loved that day, never seen so many of these!

20gl3sw.jpg

jollylescott said:
UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
Think its time people got over the 1-6 thing, its a bit small minded, 2 seasons ago n all.

Got over it? You get over a loss, you celebrate a victory, and in the future, you commemorate it.

Forget not, this was a few months after United beat us in the Community Shield and Rooney claimed they had given us a 'footballing lesson'. This was their 9th game of the season and they were reigning champions and unbeaten. We were unbeaten in the league also. We had earlier in the season won 1-5 at White Hart Lane, and they bettered us by beating Arsenal 8-2 on the same day. This was the day something had to give, and they thought they would build on that lesson earlier in the season and put us firmly in our places. They were a bit nervous, but confident nevertheless, as evidenced in the words of their own fans:

Red Cafe said:

"I'm expecting them to play for a point. Especially now that they're top of the league. If its all square with 15 minutes to go you can be sure only one team will be trying to win it."

"Make no mistake, our players will be up for this. Our manager and staff will be up for this. Our supporters will be up for this. Old Trafford needs to be an absolute cauldron on Sunday. Get the scarves and flags up and flying, shout, scream and roar. We need to put these cnuts in their place. They've had an easy start to the season, the only result I was impressed with was the Spurs game, but they haven't really been tested. They need to be tested this Sunday.

Their fans speak like they're our equals now, they aren't! Look at our history, the traditions and prestige we have. They'll never be our equals, they simply aren't big enough. Sure they'll probably go on to win more silverware with the money they've got and the players they buy, but they won't achieve the success we have. They haven't worked for it or built anything up, they've just been fortunate to win the 'football lottery'.

"Its at OT. we're favorites imo. Our home record is simply brilliant. It'l be a very cagey affair though i think. too much at stake in these games. people hoping to see a return to our fluid attacking football might have to wait."

"We'll go 442 and go for the jugular from the off. No different to the Chelsea or Arsenal games."

But this game didn't go quite according to plan, did it? If the August meeting was a footballing lesson, this was an educational masterclass. It shut them up and the whole footballing world sat up and took notice of their complete humiliation. Their fans were silenced. Our critics were forced to eat their words. We were unquestionably the best team in the land at that point in time.

Have I got over it? Do I want to get over it? Nah. I love watching the highlights of that game on YouTube, whether it be the last 5 minutes recorded by the French lads, or the Sky TV highlights with Gary Neville wanting to move on to the next game. I love watching Walter and that Cockney Red in Fanzone - "Take it. Take it. Take it!" I will never tire of looking at pictures of the "Why Always Me" shirt, and it brought a smile to my face when I saw a lad wearing a replica when I was in Scotland two weeks ago, and we acknowledged each other, knowing we had something very special in common.

This was a key moment in modern footballing history, and it will never be forgotten, and it will never become insignificant.

What a marvellous day and you have captured the feelings and the significance of the moment very well. And by the way bring back Walter. I would quite happily accept him as the official site match commentator!

Cheers for the kind words pal. City never got in touch so my chances with the Pike died Ha! Ha!

The best thing that happened was Silva shouting Take it, Take it into the camera in Spanish after he scored a goal in the Euros :o)

Shame they stopped it had a few pints bought my way and called Danny a few times!?!? Back on topic it was a great day. I had no one to share it with except a Cockney Red who didn't fancy celebrating much

Citysmith said:
Cheers for the kind words pal. City never got in touch so my chances with the Pike died Ha! Ha!

The best thing that happened was Silva shouting Take it, Take it into the camera in Spanish after he scored a goal in the Euros :o)

Shame they stopped it had a few pints bought my way and called Danny a few times!?!? Back on topic it was a great day. I had no one to share it with except a Cockney Red who didn't fancy celebrating much

You were great that day mate.

You summed it up perfectly and you have it til the day you die.

Think i will watch you again as it is that good :)<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm --<br /><br />[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL6vvByiYU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Cly-FElnY[/youtube]

Citysmith said:
jollylescott said:
UUBlue said:

What a marvellous day and you have captured the feelings and the significance of the moment very well. And by the way bring back Walter. I would quite happily accept him as the official site match commentator!

Never watched that before.

Good work fella. 'Av some of that. All day...

pominoz said:
UUBlue said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

Red Cafe said:

Do you have a link for that? had a look and can not find it.
Sorry mate, I didn't see the emboldened bit earlier on my phone. At the end of the Sky commentary, the studio anchor asks Neville what he thought of that and he replies "Incredible. Can we go and discuss QPR Chelsea?", and the anchor laughs.

I've just watched the second half again. Peter Reid was behind Vieira, Summerbee and Book at the end, so he must have blagged a ticket off his ex-employees.

We were superb in that second half. Many of our players had their best game for us. Everyone clicked into form, even Lescott. I know they only had 10 players, but contrast that to our performance when Kompany was sent off in the cup later that season. It was their chance to exact some revenge, but Mancini's tactics were spot on, and our 10 players ended up outscoring their 11, and they clung on for a lucky win.

Even though we have not won them all, we have been the better team in every derby since that day in my view. Let's hope it continues in a few weeks.

MC-alexander-FC said:

Your either a younger fan, had a shit day or a rag.

I grew up as a kid in the 90's surrounded by rags (from hazel grove so yeah all rags) and i never got given an inch of my mates, or their dads, or my dad for that matter hehe.
It is all good banter at the end of the day.

I will never let them forget it bud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.