Rags to be re-instated to champions league?

Re: Rags re-instated to champions league

can't see the swiss fa not taking action against sion. the way fifa/uefa international bans work the swiss national side as well as the club sides would be banned from any fifa/uefa competition indefinitely if the swiss fa don't follow the directive. the swiss aren't going to support sion if it means the national side get kicked out of the world cup qualifiers & all their club sides won't allowed in next season's champs & europa leagues.

greece & nigeria are two fairly recent examples of countries getting a fifa ban. their respective fa's & governments toed the line pretty damn fast to prevent sanctions being applied.

Prestwich_Blue said:
UEFA rules are quite clear. The best placed team eliminated would go through and that's us.

have you a link to this PB?

MSP said:
Swiss FA is under jurisdiction of UEFA and FIFA but Sion got permission for those 6 players to play in Swiss league doing the same thing they did with UEFA - they went to civil court and got permission from them.

I would not be happy for us to get reinstated on this way. We dropped out fairly and it would be no satisfaction to come back.

And to be fair to rags, I've read same thread over there before it appeared here and most of them share my view and wrote that they don't want to get reinstated like this.
Fair one. The only Rags that would be happy with this would be the plastic ones. I don't even think deep down that Ferguson would be happy.

Totally unfair on Basel if this happened, they went through fair and square. Confused as to who would go through though, can't find it in UEFA's rules as to what happens if a club is expelled from the tournament. Hypothetically, if it was us who went through we'd have to play Bayern again. Not that it will happen though.

Maybe it's the Daily Mail just clutching at straws to try to sell papers as they haven't had any unions to attack for a couple of days.

Do the rules specify how severe Sion's punishment has to be? Could they just put a couple of Swiss francs in the nearest charity box?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.